Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 741 to 760 of 6,555

HawkeyeWii

Well I used the handy dandy search bar and search for "Movie Thread" and this was the only thing that came up.
if only people didn't make duplicates.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Well I used the handy dandy search bar and search for "Movie Thread" and this was the only thing that came up.
if only people didn't make duplicates.

Yeah, the search bar's been useless since day one...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gameday

Watched Life of Pi , Gotta say didnt know what to expect but i was touched by that movie !

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

Undead_terror

I watched to love guru today when it was on tv, I always find it funny.
Edit:There was another movie on called abraham lincoln vs zombies, but never got to finish it.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Undead_terror

I get to watch olympus has fallen tomorrow for free since I helped out someone and got a free ticket to it, hope it will be good.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

Go see FAST And FURIOUS 6!!!!!!!!! Thank me later! Biggest action movie ever made by a long shot!!!

Twitter:

Reploid

Miss_Dark wrote:

Gameday wrote:

Watched Life of Pi , Gotta say didnt know what to expect but i was touched by that movie !

Yeah I liked it also. It was fascinating.

Anyway best movies ever: the prestige and old boy. Period.

I can vouch for this.

Reploid

3DS Friend Code: 5241-2195-0688

AlexSays

Just watched Beasts of the Southern Wild. Awesome movie

Likely one of the best acting jobs I've ever seen by a main character, and it's done by a little girl. I have like zero feelings towards anything, and even I felt emotionally invested in the story.

Definitely worth checking out if you have HBO On Demand.

AlexSays

RR529

These are the movies I've saw recently:

Atlantis: the Lost Empire - I loved this movie the first time I saw it as a kid, so I figured I'd see if it held up. In the end, I'm kind of mixed. It doesn't really hold up to the standard set by other Disney animated 2D flicks of the era, but it's not bad by any means, and feel it's still better than most of the CGI stuff we get nowadays. (saw on Netflix instant)

Batman: Year One - I'm really mixed on this one. It wasn't a bad film, per say, but since I was watching a lot of classic Disney cartoons at the same time, the animation just didn't seem to be up to snuff (even though it's about 10 years newer than some of those Disney films). Again, it wasn't bad, and if you're really into comics, you'll probably enjoy it more than I did, but I think I'll be sticking to the live action superhero movies from now on (especially considering this is generally referred to as one of the best superhero animated films). (saw on Netflix instant)

Captain America: the First Avenger - This has to be one of my favorite superhero flicks. Yeah, there were a few scenes that were obviously there just for 3D marketing (most of which were in a montage), but Cap himself has to be one of my favorite Marvel characters, the action is good, and I just love that "Captain America" song they sing. (saw on Netflix instant)

Godzilla: King of Monsters - I was a bit leery of watching a black & white film (they usually fail to hold my attention), but I'm a fan of the big guy, so I gave it a chance, and am glad I did. It's easily one of my favorite Godzilla movies. It has a very dark & solemn feel to it that other Godzilla movies just don't have, and it's a really gripping tale. I'd love to see the Japanese original though, as I hear it's even better. (saw on Netflix instant)

Godzilla's Revenge - Easily the most underwhelming Godzilla movie I've seen. Godzilla wasn't even real in this one. It's all a bullied boy's fantasy world that he dreams up after coming to school (this isn't a spoiler, BTW, it's clear it's just fantasy). It is kind of funny seeing him put the skilles he "learned" from Godzilla to use, though. (saw on Netflix instant)

Godzilla vs Destroyah - Sure, there's a bit of camp here & there, but that's kind of the trademark fun that comes with Godzilla films. Destroyah itself was a pretty interesting monster, it was neat seeing Godzilla teaming up with Godzilla Jr. to have a bit of a father son bonding, and the whole meltdown angle (and effects) were pretty cool. (saw on Encore Action)

Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla - Mechagodzilla has always been one of my favorite Godzilla foes, and it's just as good here. It just has so many different awesome attacks, it's neat seeing the big G overcoming the odds & coming out on top. (saw on Encore Action)

Godzilla vs Space Godzilla - Another fun Godzilla romp, and Space Godzilla is a pretty neat monster. It has one of the most campy moments in all of Godzilla history though, with the Space Godzilla vs Mogera in space battle, lol. Another fun watch for fans of the big guy, though. (saw on Encore Action)

Hancock - This was actually a really interesting twist on the superhero formula. Seeing a superhero who has lost his passion for the job, and his adventure trying to rekindle that hero spirit is a really novel idea. It's no Iron Man or Avengers, but it's still a recommended watch for superhero fans. I kind of wish they'd have explained more about what he exactly is, though. (saw on FX)

Hercules - Saw this for the first time not so long ago, and boy was it a real treat. I don't think it's quite up there with the likes of The Lion King or Alladin, but it still has that kind of magic CGI hasn't been able to make me feel. At first, I chalked up my feelings to pure nostalgia, but as I haven't seen this before yet loved it, I'm sure Disney was better back then. (saw on Netflix instant)

Mulan - Another Disney classic I missed in the day. I really adored the Chinese theme & setting of this one, and the animation was as beautiful as ever, but I can't quite help but think this was missing something. I didn't think the villain was all that memorable, mostly (other Disney villains have unique personalities, and some great lines, but he was more or less boring huff & gruff all the time). Still a fantastic watch, though. (saw on Netflix instant)

Who Framed Rodger Rabbit? - I haven't seen this film in ages, yet it's still as hilarious as it was all those years ago. The younger generation might not see the big deal of it (since they do it with CGI characters all the time), but the mixture of live action & cartoon still feels magical, and seeing Looney Tunes & Disney properties on screen at the same time is a real treat! (saw on Netflix instant)

I think this is it (I may try to do weekly updates, so my next list isn't so long).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

mamp

I've been looking at the previews for the new Carrie movie. IDK I don't like the actress they chose to play Carrie she doesn't portray the innocence the original Carrie gave off I hope the movie isn't a total bust (even though I feel like it will be)

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

RR529

Only saw two movies this past week.

• Green Lantern - Can somebody please tell me why this is considered a sub-par superhero film? I really enjoyed it. Maybe not at Iron Man or Avengers levels, but very very close. There was a lot of great action & special effects, and you could tell the film makers were having lots of fun with his unique abilities. Yeah, some creations were a bit on the campy side, but most showed great imagination. (saw on FX)
  • X-Men - It's been a long time since I've seen this, so it was almost like watching it for the first time. Overall it was a good film, and a great reminder about how the modern superhero movie phenomenon got started. The special effects are definitely showing their age though (Toad especially looked like something out of a made-for-TV flick), and considering the film's genré, that does put a slight damper on the film's enjoyability, IMO. Still a fun watch, though. (saw on Spike)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

HawkeyeWii

I saw The Hunger Games: Catching Fire last night.
I thought it was much better than the original and the original was a great movie! This movie has nearly 2x the budget of the original and it definitely shows. I thought Jennifer Lawrence's ability to show emotions in particular scenes, carried this movie. She did a wonderful job as Katniss. The more and more I think about it, these series of books/movies are really similar to episodes 4,5, and 6 of StarWars. Which isn't a bad thing at all.

• Highly recommended (B+)

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii
I am so hyped for this! The first true American Godzilla movie. This looks to bring justice for Godzilla on the big screen!
That classic roar at the end gave me goosebumps.

Twitter:

KarrotMan

I finally sat down and watched Pulp Fiction after a certain Simpsons episode sparked my interest. I never have thought that a Dialogue heavy movie would have sucked me in more than I thought it would. All the conversations are just a joy to listen to (with the exception of Willis' ditzy GF). This is personally Samuel L Jackson's best role in a film yet. Definitely give this one a watch if only for a unique experience.

I should really give Inglorious Basturds another shot.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

RR529

Recently I've seen:

• Hachi: A Dog's Tale - This is an American adaptation of the true story of Hachi, a Japanese dog (Akita breed) who was so attached to his owner, that after his owner died, he would wait for him to come back everyday in the same spot for the next 10 years, until he passed himself. This was probably the most emotionally engaging movie I've ever seen, and was crying at the end. (saw on Netflix Instant)
  • Immortals - Very cool action fantasy film revolving around Greek mythology. As is typical for this genré, there was lots of action, awesome special effects, and even a little "sensuality", and it does it all great. It got a little dark in places for my preferences, and some of the costumes seemed to be eccentric just to be eccentric, but overall, if you're a fan of the genré or are just in the mood for an action flick, check it out. (saw on Netflix Instant)

Also this month, I've seen Christmas favorites such as National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Fred Claus, the Polar Express, & A Christmas Story

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

rolLTheDice

Still Crazy. Good Rock'n'Roll flick. Decent characters. Worth watching.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

Tasuki

Last movie I watched was Hansel and Gretal: Witch Hunters and I have to say I did enjoy it. Alot of action in this one but with a title like that I am sure that is no surprise.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic