Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 1,621 to 1,632 of 1,632

Franz

@TheAwesomeBowser I'll watch it for sure this weekend. But is it just me or was the movie not advertised as much, at least compared to the previous "Toy Story" movies?

Also interested in seeing "Child's Play." The original haunted me when I was 7.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4947-0280-9215 (Cinéphile)
Instagram: @the.franz
Twitter: @cinemaphilia

Ralizah

Looking forward to watching Shaft this weekend. I even watched the original and the 2000s one with Samuel L Jackson in preparation. Critics seem to detest this new one, which means it's going to be a very good time. <3

Ralizah

@Franz
I think you're right about Toy Story 4's advertising.
I don't watch cable TV though, so maybe all the advertising was done there, but I didn't see much elsewhere. Looking forward to it myself, I'll be going next Thursday.

Edit: By the way, I just saw '2010: The Year We Make Contact' for the very first time and was pleasantly surprised.
I always put it off because I heard mixed things about it and figured it could never live up to 2001 anyways.
Gotta say, though it wasn't as good as the first movie, it was still much better than I expected and I enjoyed it more than a lot of recent sci-fi movies.

Edited on by

Vinny

Gonna watch Justice League: Dark tonight.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

klingki

I saw Toy Story 4 yesterday and thought it was great! I keep getting worried that these kinds of movies are gonna get stale in the sequels, but Pixar knows what they’re doing.

klingki

Anti-Matter

If tomorrow i saw Aladdin 2019 still being played at my local cinema, probably i want to watch again.... For 5th time. 😆

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

redd214

Watched Toy Story 4 with the kids today and it reduced me to tears. Top to bottom one of the best movie franchises ever!

redd214

@redd214
That's what's so special about Pixar movies. Lots of them make me tear up, and some of them make me outright cry. Inside Out was the most effective for me. I've been dealing with clinical depression for over 12 years now and that movie really knew how to rattle my emotions. I even gained some new insights after seeing it.

redd214

@Tethutendo that's awesome, glad you got a lot out of that movie! And yeah Pixar movies are pretty much a lock to be good l, such a talented group of people there

redd214

BougieBeetle

@Tethutendo 2010 is an interesting movie! It's more conventional than the original, and the plot ultimately doesn't go anywhere, but some really solid performances anchor it. And Keir Dullea's cameo is cool. They had to reconstruct a lot of sets from production stills because Kubrick ordered the originals destroyed after 2001 wrapped. Also another interesting thing that breaks continuity: in 2010, Floyd denies knowing about HAL's contradictory instructions that made him go insane, while in 2001 the secret video shows Floyd issuing those same instructions to HAL. So either Floyd was lying in 2010, or it's an alternate universe (which was Arthur C. Clarke's personal canon).

onesetageatatime.com

BougieBeetle wrote:

Also another interesting thing that breaks continuity: in 2010, Floyd denies knowing about HAL's contradictory instructions that made him go insane, while in 2001 the secret video shows Floyd issuing those same instructions to HAL. So either Floyd was lying in 2010, or it's an alternate universe (which was Arthur C. Clarke's personal canon).

@BougieBeetle
I totally forgot about that part, but now that you've mentioned it... yeah, that's quite a plothole.

RR529

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Netflix) - Watched this last night and it was a really fun time. It was definitely a visual spectacle (I really liked how it avoided the homogenized look Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks, and other western CG productions have), and it had some fun characters.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic