Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 161 to 180 of 6,550

irken004

I just watched District 9.

Great movie, unexpected ending.

Of course, we Decepticons are more advanced than some simple PRAWNS!!!

Edited on by irken004

Machu

I watched Outlander the other night, in HD no less. Untitled. Silly fun I'll admit, but I loved it, what with the sci-fi, and the vikings, and the big scary Moorwen. Awesome!

Rawr!

tylero09

Saw the Hangover tonight, tis utterly roflsome

Wii: 4057-1101-4172-6642
Mario Kart Wii: 5069-4059-7720

Charlie_The_Unicorn

I'm going to see Zombieland this weekend, and Toy Story 3D the next.

i also really want to see Where The Wild Things Are!

Tomena Sanner: Because dancing businessmen are awesome.

warioswoods

Finally watched The Wrestler last night. I was pleasantly surprised, quite a good film. I've always been fond of Aronofsky (even The Fountain, although that film was flawed in many ways), but didn't expect much out of a film about a pro-wrestler. It's well worth watching, if you've not done so already.

Oh! And it contained a very humorous scene involving Nintendo. The aging wrestler still has an NES with some old wrestling games on it, and asks one of the local kids to play it with him; the kid plays one match halfheartedly, looks bored and talks about Call of Duty 4.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Adam

Haha, I've been on the fence about watching the Wrestler, but that scene has convinced me I need to see it.

Planning to rent Brothers Bloom and Sunshine Cleaners over the week. Saw both in theaters already, and they were great.

Someone told me I need to see The Informant, too. Anyone seen that already?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

My little brother saw it but i didnt much feel like going. I'll wait for it to come to the library.

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Ravage

Machu wrote:

I watched Outlander the other night, in HD no less. Untitled. Silly fun I'll admit, but I loved it, what with the sci-fi, and the vikings, and the big scary Moorwen. Awesome!

I got that movie along with Screamers: The Hunting at a garage sale. Outlander was surprisingly awesome, fun movie. On the other hand, Screamers: The Hunting wasn't so great, but it was kind of interesting. I didn't expect much from it, it would be hard to live up to the Screamers name.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Terra

I've got a new list of films to get through by the end of the year and I started today by watching The Magnificent Seven. Amazing film. I also watched Gregory's Girl, which was pretty good.

Terra

Twitter:

Kid_A

Saw Invention of Lying. The first hour is brilliantly written and hillarious, the second half sneak-attacks you with atheist propaganda... and boredom. Not really worth seeing, although it might be worth a rent.

Looking forward to seeing Whip It (I've got a bit of a crush on Ellen Page) and Where the Wild Things Are (which looks awesome in ways that's difficult to describe in writing)

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

StarBoy91

This Sunday me and my parents watched the Toy Story Double Feature. It was great, with both movies as great as ever!!! PIXAR at their best!
I can't wait for Toy Story 3!!!!!!!! ^ . ^

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Kid_A

StarBoy91 wrote:

This Sunday me and my parents watched the Toy Story Double Feature. It was great, with both movies as great as ever!!! PIXAR at their best!
I can't wait for Toy Story 3!!!!!!!! ^ . ^

Agreed! Was it worth seeing it in 3-D?

theblackdragon

Kid_A wrote:

Saw Invention of Lying. The first hour is brilliantly written and hillarious, the second half sneak-attacks you with atheist propaganda... and boredom. Not really worth seeing, although it might be worth a rent.

oh, that's sad to hear, because i really like that dude in it.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

StarBoy91

Yes, it was, Kid_A. And for the first time, I saw details I never knew were there when I was little. Like, did you that arcade games like Scramble and Pong appeared at Pizza Planet in the first movie? I was taken aback when I saw it then. And I never knew that the inside of the plant in same first movie had a tag that said Forest Fantasy.

To each their own

Kid_A

theblackdragon wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

oh, that's sad to hear, because i really like that dude in it.

Yeah, I'm a [huge] Ricky Gervais fan, so I knew he was an atheist; I just had no idea that The Invention of Lying was going to end up being a vehicle to promote his atheist views, because it was marketed as a fun romantic comedy. Oh well. I guess I still have my Office and Extras DVDs to watch.

Kid_A

StarBoy91 wrote:

Yes, it was, Kid_A. And for the first time, I saw details I never knew were there when I was little. Like, did you that arcade games like Scramble and Pong appeared at Pizza Planet in the first movie? I was taken aback when I saw it then. And I never knew that the inside of the plant in same first movie had a tag that said Forest Fantasy.

That's awesome. SO seeing that tomorrow!

Magi

Zombieland was over-hyped. I give it a 6/10. Barely funny.

Magi

Philip_J_Reed

Magi wrote:

Zombieland was over-hyped. I give it a 6/10. Barely funny.

You're the only one on the planet who agrees with me. So, thank you. It's nice not to feel so alone.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic