Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 141 to 160 of 6,570

irken004

Ravage wrote:

Anyone see the trailer for 9 (not district 9)? It looks pretty cool, I'm looking forward to it. It's a new Tim Burton film.

I"M TOTALLY EXCITED FOR IT!!!

I'm also excited for The Fantastic Mr. Fox, the trailer looks great!

EDIT: Tim Burton is only producing 9, so it's not really his movie

You can find the original short film of 9 on youtube

Edited on by irken004

Ravage

irken004 wrote:

Ravage wrote:

Anyone see the trailer for 9 (not district 9)? It looks pretty cool, I'm looking forward to it. It's a new Tim Burton film.

I"M TOTALLY EXCITED FOR IT!!!

EDIT: Tim Burton is only producing 9, so it's not really his movie

You can find the original short film of 9 on youtube

Thanks for the info, I had just heard about it from a friend a few days ago.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Adam

Every single trailer before Ponyo looked fantastic. It's odd to find myself suddenly so interested in children's movies. Children's cinema has generally (with maybe three exceptions) been going downhill in my opinion for many years now. I can't remember all the titles, but Mr. Fox has already been mentioned. The Princess and the Frog looks like classic Disney (seems like they haven't done a movie like that in forever, at least not that I've heard of). Where the Wild Things Are looks nice. And there were two or three other previews I was impressed with at the time but have since forgotten.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Philip_J_Reed

irken004 wrote:

I'm nervous about it as Wes Anderson is my favorite director and this is a heck of a big step away from his "comfort zone," but I wish it well, and I'm sure I'll check it out.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Machu

I woke up in a foul mood this morning, brought on by a lack of sleep, and ergh, other stuff. I went out, glared at people a bit, came home and turned the telly on. I found this old movie on and am now beaming.
Untitled
Like Mary Kate, maybe I just needed to see a good fight. Excellent movie. Hilarious!

Aaaah, I feel better now.

Rawr!

theblackdragon

I just caught Idiocracy the other day on Comedy Central, and they had to bleep and blur out so much of it I absolutely have to see this movie uncut eventually. It was absolutely hilarious. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes extreme advertising and fratboy/college humor. :3

seriously, check out this 'ad' for Brawndo: The Thirst Mutilator (it's a product featured rather prominently in the movie). there's two more ads available here and here if you're interested, lol.
[youtube:Tbxq0IDqD04]

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Charlie_The_Unicorn

I really want to see the Hangover, but I'm too young.

Tomena Sanner: Because dancing businessmen are awesome.

Terra

I just picked up Valkyrie quite cheap along with The Magnificent Seven so I'll be watching those soon

Terra

Twitter:

tylero09

Saw District 9 at the weekend - absolutely brilliant film!
It took about 20 minutes or so to get into, because dispite seeing all the adverts and stuff it wasn't quite what I was expecting early on (the documentary-ish style in places), but it turned out to be a fantastic film, very highly recommended by yours truely
What with this and Inglourious 'Naughty-Word' it's been a good couple of weeks for films recently
Now I just need to convince my friends to see The Hurt Locker...

Wii: 4057-1101-4172-6642
Mario Kart Wii: 5069-4059-7720

Mabbit

i just saw 9 (by tim burton, not district 9) and it was awesome! the action scenes were crazy and the animation was stunning. the plot however had a few hiccups i believe and the end didnt feel fulfilling enough

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Magi

Finally watched Quarantine last night. ugh. I hate movies like that (the ending), but it was moderately entertaining. The whole first-person camera angle thing can be kind of frustrating, especially in a horror movie like that: "TURN AROUND TURN AROUND YOU IDIOT, IT'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!"

Magi

RandomWiiPlayer

Transformers 2 is good.

Random post, sue me.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Magi

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Transformers 2 is good.

Random post, sue me.

Transformers 2 is neat indeed.
My lawyer will be contacting you shortly.

Magi

RandomWiiPlayer

Magi wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Transformers 2 is good.

Random post, sue me.

Transformers 2 is neat indeed.
My lawyer will be contacting you shortly.

D: Lol.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

theblackdragon

@Machu: good news indeed! i like the idea of that little girl getting her eventual revenge on The Bride; it would indeed be pure unadulterated awesome.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

cheetahman91

Terminator 2: Judgement Day is the best movie ever!

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Machu

@thescarymodlady: Huh?! checks link woah, they added info about #4 too, sweet! And it makes total sense, the daughter of Copperhead getting revenge for Beatrix spilling cereal everywhere. Awesome-o!

Rawr!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic