Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 6,570

6ch6ris6

The Godfather

saw it for the first time last sunday and i really liked it. cant wait to see the second one, too. kinda made me wanna buy mafia 2 on steam

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

RR529

Superman IV: the Quest for Peace (Netflix) - Pretty much a statement on the arms race of the time, with lots of quirky 80's flair. As for the infamous Nuclear Man, I actually loved how he eminenated power (electricity menacingly crawling over him, the orange aura, the ground melting under his step), but otherwise he was completely ridiculous, especially his asinine weakness. He actually could have been a much better villain if they tried. It's obviously not the best in the series, but luckily they don't waste too much of your time with this one, as it's only an hour & a half long.

Superman Returns (Netflix) - I watched this when it came out in theaters, but didn't really remember much of it. Going back to it now, I appreciate it much more (especially watching it so soon after the older films, which it calls back to). It's biggest flaw is that it's not sure whether or not to be a genuine followup to the original series, or merely a spiritual successor (it references events in the original films, like Luthor's past altercations with Superman, and Lois' interview with the hero in the first film, but despite the fact that it's supposed to be only 5 years after the last film, it's clearly the world of the mid 2000's, in terms of cars, flat screen TVs, computers, and more, which shouldn't be the case). Outside of that though, I actually liked this one.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

6ch6ris6

alright i have seen all three Godfather movies and i liked all of them! i don't understand why the third one recieved so many "bad" reviews.

the ending was heartbreaking IMO. kinda fell in love with sofia coppola

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

RR529

The Invincible Iron Man (Netflix) - Animated Marvel flick that sees Iron Man trying to stop the resurrection of the Mandarin. It was pretty decent, though the CGI used for Tony's suits & the Mandarin's Elementals was so stiff it hurt the action.

Ultimate Avengers: the Movie (Netflix) - An animated Avengers origin story. Though it has many differences in terms of story elements & character roster, the general gist is the same as the live action Avengers film. Aliens threaten to destroy Earth (same aliens, too, sans Loki), the Avengers are quickly put together to oppose them, but they don't work together & get their butts kicked, finally act as a team & save the day. Pretty good.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

6ch6ris6

Arrival
great movie.
the only thing that annoys me is that no character in the movie ever asks the question "how do these alien spaceships float"? im okay with not getting an answer, because the story is about something totally different, but the fact that no character even asks the question is kinda confusing to me

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

RR529

Ultimate Avengers 2 (Netflix) - Sequel to the previously mentioned animated film. The aliens are back, lead by an old rival of Captain America, and in order to win Cap & the newly introduced Black Panther must set their own personal vengeances aside to work as a team with the other Avengers. Decent for this type of film.

Doctor Strange (Netflix) - Not last year's live action blockbuster, but rather an earlier released animated flick. I thought it was a pretty decent introduction to the character.

National Lampoon's Animal House - Regarded as the grandaddy of the modern raunchy comedy (as far as I know), I decided to check it out before Netflix loses it at the start of March. It pretty much follows the debauchery of the rowdy members of Delta House, as the underachieving college students party on, much to the disdain of the rest of the campus. It's a bit dated going back to it now (it's a late 70's film set during the early 60's), but as I watched it I can say I actually liked it quite a bit, and see why it could hold up (if you're into this type of film). It's definitely an adult comedy, but it gets most of it's laughs from situational humor, with only a few mentions of the F-bomb thrown around (and when it is used, it usually makes sense in a believable manner).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

6ch6ris6

Escape from New York
and
Escape from L.A.

okay the first one is better. BUT the sequel is NOT a bad movie! i don't understand why people dislike it so much. i think it's so much fun to watch.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Vinny

Mortal Kombat (1995)

This is actually one of the most faithful game to movie adaptations, specially in terms of characters. The acting is not 100%, the violence is tame in comparison to the games and you can see in some aspects the budget was tight. But still, it doesn't take itself so seriously and overall it's fun to watch.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

RR529

Star Trek Beyond (DVD) - This was a pretty fun time. A good watch if you're into Star Trek or sci-fi in general, and I really liked how colorfully exotic the planet they were on was.

Hulk VS (Netflix) - So far the animated Marvel stuff has been a bit hit or miss with me (I tend to like the DC stuff a bit more), but I really liked this one (which is actually a compilation of two films. One where the Hulk is up against Thor, the other Wolverine). Everything moved fast enough that it managed to keep my attention the whole time, and there was a lot of good action.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

6ch6ris6

F.I.S.T from 1978
very cool movie with "sly" about the rise of a union

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

RR529

Deadpool (DVD) - Pretty funny adult take on the superhero genre. Probably not much I could say about it that hasn't already been said, but I enjoyed it.

Planet Hulk (Netflix) - the last of the animated Marvel flicks they added at the start of the year. While I'd still put Hulk VS above it, I still enjoyed this one a lot & rank it above the other animated Marvel stuff they currently have. Also, I just want to say that Miek was cool, really liked him.

License to Drive (Netflix) - Cheesy 80's teen flick that sees a teenage boy "borrow" his grandpa's Cadillac for a night out on the town with his friends & dream girl, but of course things don't go as planned, as he has to save the car from a number of increasingly unbelievable scenarios to make sure he gets it back home unscathed. It's cliché, but it's a good time & I liked watching it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

evagrin

Recently I rewatched "7 years in Tibet" and "The Notebook" awesome movies. I give them 10/10
going to watch Planet Hulk in the near future

evagrin

Jhena

10 Cloverfield Lane: Loved the first Cloverfield. Was so intense when it really started. This one was kinda fresh but so awkward and creepy. Im just not sure what i watched there.

Jurrasic Park World: Im sure the old ones were better but i dont really remember them and surely will forget abot the new one. The park was beautiful but the movie was kinda bland. Still i wouldnt call it a bad movie.

Halo 4 Forward Unto Dawn: Many many years ago when it realeased i have only played some levels of the first and second Halo. It was a nice movie though i dont know wether it was a nice adaptation. But damn that masterchief is so bada**. His voice and aura reminded me of the *itcher Geralt. Im really hyped to be as great as he is. I like it when movies make me want to be a better me. I didnt really have high hopes for the movie but i really liked it. Best watch of the three.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

evagrin

Beauty and The Beast : I like it! I did appreciate the movie's attempt to explain some of the plot holes from the original movie, such as why nobody in the village knew about the Prince to begin with, or how long the movie takes place for. I also really liked the sparse adaptation of musical themes from the Broadway show into the score as leitmotifs for individual characters and scenes, as well as incorporating extra verses for a couple songs that were deleted from the original movie back into those numbers.

evagrin

Jhena

Just watched Ex Machina. Really good film. Lovely girls. And clever dialogue. But i didnt really like the ending. It was kinda like the hole (dont know if its the english title) ending. Where the girl escapes the situation and everyone else involved dies. Its like they wanted to mask with a shocker that the creators dont really have an answer to the question of the movie. How do we really know that our counterpart has a consciousness. Well since its a movie i dont know who of them has a consciousness if at all. The movie only shows how it resembles our own behaviour. But a mirror does that to. Its the same if i know when i am dreaming. I can talk pretty normally to the people. They react pretty much the same like how they would in this world. As if they have a consciousnes. But they are so fixated on me that i know i am like their puppeteer or a king of a big hive consciousness. I once asked them do you know this is just a dream? They just looked really terrifiying at me. Like damn well have to kill him^^
Still they frightened me. And even if i really have the feeling the person in front of me is real with a consciousness its just a feeling. I cant check it by being the person. In a dream that would be me again with new memories like how i have new memories every time i dream and forget about my past self/selves. I can see the world only through my own eyes regardless where they are. In the end the answer maybe to just accept being alone or trusting the counterpart or living a lie. I think Avas answer is also pretty good. Just observe the things around you and enjoy freedom.

Jhena

6ch6ris6

Mad Max
watched it for the first time tonight and i really can't understand why people consider this a classic. i didn't understand anything most of the time and it's just a complete mess storywise. the setting is also pretty lame. i always thought this would take place in a dystopian future, like something apocalypse style, but it just looks like some poor modern day place. i really had to force myself watching it till the end. one of the worst movies i ever saw.
i saw the modern mad max fury road a couple of months ago and really enjoyed that movie though. why do they have the same name? i don't understand.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

RR529

Suicide Squad (DVD) - Not terrible, but not that great either. It was a decent popcorn flick, with a unique enough feel for a "superhero" film.

Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love (Netflix) - I wasn't sure what to expect going in, as it was hovering around the 1 & 1/2 star mark (out of 5) on Netflix's rating system, but I also saw some glowing reviews online, and after watching it I'd say I fall somewhere in the middle. It's a romantic drama set in 16th century India, and I thought the scenery & set pieces were oftentimes breathtaking, really drawing you into the world, but the story never really grabbed me. It wasn't bad or hard to follow, it just never really clicked for me. Plenty of nudity though, so be warned if you're not into that sort of thing.

Ratchet & Clank (Netflix) - I'll be honest and admit I've never played a R&C game, so I don't know how well this movie represents the series, but taking it on it's own, I thought it was a fun enough time, though not particularly standout. As far as video game films go, it could definitely be much worse.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Jhena

Gods of Egypt: I like the eyebrows of the MC. Just a feel good action movie with egypt gods and setting but quite enjoyable. Had some really beautiful landscapes.

Die Bestimmung 1-3: The first is the best of the three but the rest aint so bad either. Kids dont let the grownups tell you what you have to become. Let your heart decide. Seems like there´ll be a fourth movie.

Iron Sky: Funny that the nazis kinda won at the end. The movie was ok some funny moments but nothing really hilarious. But that last scene had almost something sadly beautiful. Renate is beautiful too.

Jhena

Jhena

Terminator Genisys: It was an okay action flick with Arnold playing the gramps whos caring for his daughter. I liked him.

Hardcore Henry: This movie was great and energizing. Just really good first person violence and gore that doesnt take itself to serious. That boss kill was so good. And the ending scene was just
perfect. Seriously that last scene alone was worth it. Man that felt so great xD
Always listen to your heart kids.

Jhena

Jhena

Nebel im August: A really interesting movie about euthanasia. In this case more about the children of those facilities. Heavy movie that luckily also portrays
the good sides of humanity and doesnt get to serious and gloomy given the subject. Still the movie needs some time to be digested and made me pretty sad and a little bit angry.

Rubinrot,Saphirblau,Smaragdgrün: Didnt really like the trilogy. Didnt care for the people and story. Its an adaptation of a childbook series but more on the teenie side. So thats maybe why i didnt like it.

Toni Erdmann: One of the strangest movies ive ever seen and it was great. It was a little bit awkward but it seemed so real and i just wanted to see more. Movie went for 2:35 hours. Still could have watched more. I also liked the humor and the ending scene was funny but on a pretty serious and almost sad note. Well no one can stop life and being alive can be pretty lonely cause everyone around life is dead. Loving oneself is the only choice but its not easy. I just wish more movies had this personal touch and were not just a cash grab. In my books this was a masterpiece. Thanks.

Jhena

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic