Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 6,550

LaserdiscGal

So I'm super into reboots, reimaginings, sequels, but the new Ghost Busters trailer just looks abysmal. I love the cast they picked out, and I love ghost busters, but is is easily one of the most cringe worthy trailers I've seen in ages.

I really hope this is just another Edge of Tomorrow situation where the trailer is awful but the movie is great.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

jump

Ghostbusters without Bill Murray was always going to be terrible, out of the many insane stories about him was one about how he got sent a script for Ghostbusters 3 afew years ago so he just shredded it then sent it back with a letter saying these are his notes on how to improve the script.

At least it's a reboot rather than a Blues Brothers 2000 type of affair!

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Xyphon22

Blues Brothers 2000 was awesome! But I've never been able to stand John Belushi, so it always had that going for it to me.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

jump

Xyphon22 wrote:

Blues Brothers 2000 was awesome! But I've never been able to stand John Belushi, so it always had that going for it to me.

I'm in too much of a shock to google a shocked meme to reply to that.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

RR529

Last night I watched Blade Runner (Netflix)!

First off, I want to say how absolutely amazing it was for them to craft such an immersive future-scape without the help of the CGI tools studios have today. While some of the designs looked dated (or even ugly), there were some stuff I really liked, notably the vehicles (the Police cars looked really awesome, IMO). I can totally understand why it was so influencial.

However, looking past all the technical wizardry, I felt the movie itself was merely okay. I felt it was awfully slow at times, with not much going on. I will say the climax was perfectly tense, though.

Well, at least I can now say I've watched it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Vinny

I just watched Notorious (2009), the Biggie Smalls biopic. It's not quite as good as Straight Outta Compton, it feels very exaggerated at times.

Now I'm gonna watch Space Jam.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

6ch6ris6

@RR529: why do you keep posting the source behind the names of the movies? who cares if you watch a movie on netflix, hulu, an illegal streaming site or on a potato??

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

jump

6ch6ris6 wrote:

why do you keep posting the source behind the names of the movies? who cares if you watch a movie on netflix, hulu, an illegal streaming site or on a potato??

The wonders of modern technology, back in my day you can could only use potatoes as clocks.

Nicolai wrote:

LaserdiscGal

6ch6ris6 wrote:

@RR529: why do you keep posting the source behind the names of the movies? who cares if you watch a movie on netflix, hulu, an illegal streaming site or on a potato??

They do it so people know the easiest place to watch it, along with the fact Netflix hosts alternate cuts of films (including Blade runner, which is the theatrical cut, one of many versions of the films).

So let's tone it down a bit chief

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

RR529

Tonight I watched Justice League: the Flashpoint Paradox (Netflix).

Pretty good animated superhero movie. Pretty much, something happened & the world is messed up (the Flash has no powers, Batman is a murderous vigilante, Europe is in ruins as Wonder Woman & Aquaman are waging a war that could end humanity, etc.), so the Flash has to find a way to regain his powers so he can go back in time & figure out what went wrong.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Whydoievenbother

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Can you show me how to watch movies on a potato? Mine just plays music.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

LaserdiscGal

Here's a free movie on me
If you claim it, make sure to say so to avoid confusion.

Untitled

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

RR529

Saw a couple of movies since I last posted.

San Andreas (DVD) - Watched this last night with the family. Standard big budget disaster flick, but it was a fun enough time. While there was obviously some Hollywood embellishment, overall it was more along the lines of Twister, rather than 2012 or The Day After Tomorrow, which was a good thing, IMO.

Justice League: War (Netflix) - Another one of those DC animated films. The main story & villain weren't as interesting as they were in the Flashpoint Paradox (the last one of these I watched), but the chemistry between the heroes was a highlight. My favorite parts of the film were when Green Lantern & Batman tried fighting Superman, and when Wonder Woman found out about ice cream (the latter was a real lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

LaserdiscGal

@RR529 hey I posted a download code for another dc animated flick, and I don't think anyone has used it yet.

It's a solid film, give it a shot.

LaserdiscGal

jump

@Waluigi: I take it you've seen it so I've got a question I hope you can answer, the the deluxe version of Dark Knight Returns it's just the two movies put together and not edited together to follow the structure of the comic right?

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

Nicolai wrote:

LaserdiscGal

@arronishere:
Yeah it's just the two films and some bonus features.

I think it may be edited slightly so the transition is less jarring though.

LaserdiscGal

RR529

@Waluigi, I'll see if I can get to it, but I'm on my 3DS at the moment & won't be able to get to my tablet until late tonight.

It's the code in the image posted above, right?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

LaserdiscGal

arronishere wrote:

Waluigi wrote:

arronishere:
Yeah it's just the two films and some bonus features.

I think it may be edited slightly so the transition is less jarring though.

That's a shame, I might of doubled dipped if it was.

Well I was at best buy, and I saw a hardcover version of the actual Graphic Novel for $20, but it also include a blue ray of the film, a DVD of the film, a special features disk, and digital copies of the book and move- all for $20.

They had the same deal for nearly every animated dc film, and I will be buying more in the future!

LaserdiscGal

RR529

@Waluigi, I was able to get it. Thanks!

I don't buy movies often, but if I ever get one & it comes with one of those codes, I'll try & make it up to you.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic