Forums

Topic: More of the Best Three Movies of Summer 2010?

Posts 21 to 31 of 31

kevohki

blockhead wrote:

Scott Pilgram vs The World is the best just due to the Street Fighter Announcer
A close second is Kick-Ass. Why has no one mentioned Kick-Ass yet?

Because Kick-Ass was a terrible and poorly written (in the movie's case, adapted) circle-**** of mindless violence, just like all of Mark Millar's work post-2005 and movies adapted from his work (Wanted).

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

V8_Ninja

TokyoRed wrote:

Out of all the films that have been released this year there has been nothing better than Disney’s Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, DreamWorks How To Train Your Dragon and of course James Cameron’s Avatar.

Umm...did you set the time machine a little too far ahead? This is 2010, and Avatar came out in 2009.

As for my picks, I've only really seen two movies this Summer, Scott Pilgrim and Inception. If I went to see a third one, it'd probably be something like Kick-Ass.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Kaeobais

I've really only seen Inception, Predators and Iron Man 2 this year. All of them were very good.
I'd say it goes like this
1: Inception
2: Predators
3: Iron Man 2.

Iron Man 2 was great, but it had very little action. There was all of, what, 4 fights? And most of them were very short.
Predators was awesome because it was Predators. Just good ol' Predator vs. Humans action. I thought the story could have been explained a bit more, but it was still very entertaining.
And Inception was just awesome. I can't think of anything wrong with it.

The only other movie I'll probably end up seeing is Harry Potter. And maybe Resident Evil.

You know what movie could possibly be movie of the year? Vampires Suck. Oh my god, does that look HILARIOUSLY HILARIOUS. Making fun of Twilight is so fresh and new, and since it's part of the ever popular parody series by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, you KNOW it's gotta be great.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

Aviator

First without question is Inception.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

RoyalBlur

Tasuki wrote:

The only movies I have seen this summer was Ironman 2 and A-Team and I thought they were pretty good. As for Prince of Persia I can wait till Netflix gets it. I wanted to see How to Trains a Dragon but I didnt have the time or the money to see it in theathers.

As for Avatar that movie doesnt really count as a best for 2010 as it was released in December 2009 so I can see where the confusion was. But yeah it was a good movie but what do you expect from James Cameron?

To be honest, I really shouldn't have said Avatar because it was indeed a December 2009 release. Perhaps it is okay to some degree as it's coming back to theaters this year; however it is still a 2009 movie technically.

Okay, so yes, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is indeed picking up big reviews but I never really threw my support behind it or took a real interest in it.

I'm sorry that some of you haven't seen Prince of Perisa: The Sands of Time as it is indeed the best movie Bruckheimer has given us since the first National Treasure movie. In fact I like Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time FAR better than any of the Indiana Jones movies. I still, cannot find the words to express how impressed I am with the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and I can't wait to see it again. I sincerely hope that Bruckheimer and Mike Newel will adapt all of the Prince of Persia games and of course the newest one Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands so we can once again experience more of the Sands of Time excitement.

As for Despicable Me; I agree that it was indeed interesting and I do believe that DreamWorks will soon be a worthy rival to Disney/ Pixar and I hope that DreamWorks will produce a sequel to Shark Tale and The Road To El Dorado. I also read that a How To Train Your Dragon television series and MMORPG are currently in development.

According to various news sources James Cameron plans to create an Avatar television series which will probably air on SyFy.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

The_Fox

blockhead wrote:

Heck, I'll name Kick-Ass. I liked that movie, myself.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

RoyalBlur

Does anyone know if there is a way for fans to contact Jerry Bruckheimer, Jon Turteltaub, Mike Newell or the Walt Disney Company? An e-mail address or physical mailing address?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Aviator

The real question, is there a way to contact (one of the listed above) without getting a generic result back?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Kingbuilder

The Fox wrote:

blockhead wrote:

Heck, I'll name Kick-Ass. I liked that movie, myself.

Yeah, Kick-Ass is actually my favorite movie I've watched this year.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

RoyalBlur

Aviator wrote:

The real question, is there a way to contact (one of the listed above) without getting a generic result back?

That's the nail in the coffin Aviator. You've spoken truly. I think you've spoken for all of us who've ever written a heart felt petition only to receive a wry, dry and cold generic response.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.