General Discussion Forum

Topic: EA to be bought out?

Showing 21 to 37 of 37

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

21. Posted:

Panda wrote:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

Why don't they buy Activision instead? They deserve it for trying to raise the price of video games in retails.

Being bought out isn't a punishment.

Being bought out my Microsoft is. :P

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MetalMario

22. Posted:

I agree.

Mario is my homeboy! It matters not how you play. What matters...is how you fall.[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's momFor friend codes, check my backloggery.VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

JonWahlgren

23. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

MS would be smart to just sell Rare back to Nintendo. They bought it JUST so Nintendo couldn't have it. They don't give a crap about it.

Rare is responsible for Avatars and apparently a lot of upcoming Natal stuff. Microsoft doesn't just blow millions of dollars for the hell of it; Rare was an investment and MS obviously wants them to be profitable.

Editor At Large
NLFM podcast | Twitter | Thunder Panda!

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter: jonwahlgren

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

24. Posted:

So now that Microsoft is losing money, their answer is to buy out third-party video game compainies? Way to go Microsoft, but it is not going to save your company from losing a console war with an inferior console. I do not care about EA's franchises, but I would be concerned because Bioware is owned by EA. If EA was bought out by Microsoft, then we might not see anymore Bioware games on any other console but the Xbox 360. Now THAT would upset me. I have a Xbox 360, but I do not like buying too many retail games on a console that has more than a 50% failure rate.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

25. Posted:

Nintendo might be interested in Rares library, but I doubt they would be interested in Rare itself.

As for EA can't think of a single game that they make that would interest me, more a case of good riddance really, at least it would be one shovelware publisher gone from Nintendo, not likely to happen though.

Edited on by Reala

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

26. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

MS would be smart to just sell Rare back to Nintendo. They bought it JUST so Nintendo couldn't have it. They don't give a crap about it.

Nintendo allowed Rare to be sold to them, so I don't see them wanting them back, despite rivers of online fanboy tears.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

J-Man

27. Posted:

Yeah. I wish that Rare would come straight back to Nintendo so there would be no more issues for more VC releases like Banjo-Kazooie or DK64.

J-Man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

28. Posted:

The+Fox wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

MS would be smart to just sell Rare back to Nintendo. They bought it JUST so Nintendo couldn't have it. They don't give a crap about it.

Nintendo allowed Rare to be sold to them, so I don't see them wanting them back, despite rivers of online fanboy tears.

I can see why they would do that, Rare was sold in 2003, and the Gamecube was released in 2001, the sales were low and they wanted money, so they sold Rare.

Back on topic, I hope MS buys EA, it wouldn't effect me at all.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

V8_Ninja

29. Posted:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

So now that Microsoft is losing money, their answer is to buy out third-party video game compainies? Way to go Microsoft, but it is not going to save your company from losing a console war with an inferior console. I do not care about EA's franchises...I have a Xbox 360, but I do not like buying too many retail games on a console that has more than a 50% failure rate.

My thoughts EXACTLY. I would actually rejoice if I heard that EA was bought by Microsoft, because that would mean less FAIL for the Wii. The likeliness of it actually happening is close to little.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

JonWahlgren

30. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I can see why they would do that, Rare was sold in 2003, and the Gamecube was released in 2001, the sales were low and they wanted money, so they sold Rare.

Nope.

Nintendo has always turned a profit on their consoles; they don't sell at a loss, ever. They sold Rare because Rare was turning out crap games and had lost a lot of the talent that helped them rock during the N64 days; both Zoonami and Free Radical were formed by key ex-Rare employees.

Editor At Large
NLFM podcast | Twitter | Thunder Panda!

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter: jonwahlgren

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

JonWahlgren

31. Posted:

V8+Ninja wrote:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

So now that Microsoft is losing money, their answer is to buy out third-party video game compainies? Way to go Microsoft, but it is not going to save your company from losing a console war with an inferior console. I do not care about EA's franchises...I have a Xbox 360, but I do not like buying too many retail games on a console that has more than a 50% failure rate.

My thoughts EXACTLY. I would actually rejoice if I heard that EA was bought by Microsoft, because that would mean less FAIL for the Wii. The likeliness of it actually happening is close to little.

Yeah, it's not going to happen, but you are seriously delusional to think that without one of the largest publishers in the world the Wii would mean less fail. Just because you don't like EA's output doesn't mean they're not an important ally to Nintendo.

And look, EA is not going to be bought out by Microsoft. Losing the profits on multi-console Madden alone would be too much of a loss to EA.

Edited on by JonWahlgren

Editor At Large
NLFM podcast | Twitter | Thunder Panda!

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter: jonwahlgren

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DjPhatskillz

32. Posted:

Reala wrote:

As for EA can't think of a single game that they make that would interest me, more a case of good riddance really, at least it would be one shovelware publisher gone from Nintendo, not likely to happen though.

the best EA games or on the 360/ps3 already anyway. i would say if Microsoft bought out ea and started looking out for number 1 like that, it would hit those ps3 kids the hardest. also people who run Macintosh versions of The Sims and Spore (who cares). The only games i can think that are EA that i play are NHL games and my sweet sweet sweet Battlefield games.

KILLDOZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TKOWL

33. Posted:

EA make Madden, the most popular sports game ever. I dont think theyll be bought out just yet

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

34. Posted:

ryanknight717 wrote:

EA make Madden, the most popular sports game ever. I dont think theyll be bought out just yet

Actually, I think FIFA is the most popular, since it is the most popular sport in every country but America. I'm not sure though.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

malpon

35. Posted:

I can see evil-M trying to pull that but EA is much to big to become a seconed party.

This lesbian bar doesent have a fire exit!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ricardo91

36. Posted:

You don't buy out EA, EA buys out you.

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

37. Posted:

Ricardo91 wrote:

You don't buy out EA, EA buys out you.

Lol.

But in all seriousness, I can see it happening. Microsoft has like a zillion dollars, they can buy whatever the hell they want whenever the hell they want.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.