Forums

Topic: Mega Man movie...live screening! Friday May 7, 8pm Eastern

Posts 41 to 60 of 60

Mabbit

im about 30 minutes into the movie. i actually think its pretty good. the acting isnt great, but i think the script is well written

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Xiepher

Just got done watching it, I was impressed with it and went far beyond my expectations. Beats the crap out of those other live action movies that were made based on video games like Super Mario Brothers, and the Street Fighter movies. Only had a few gripes about the movie, but heck it's worth watching.

Xiepher

sykotek

I just finished watching the entire movie. Man, that was long, I nearly fell asleep 3 times through the movie, there are quite a few parts that seem to really drag.

Anyways, I do have a few problems with it, but overall, I think it was a decent effort. Definitely better than most Hollywood gaming movies although definitely not the best.

My issues with the movie:
(Casting of Main Characters): Like another poster said, the casting for Mega Man, Roll and ********* in my opinion, was way too old. I know it is Mega MAN, but he's always been portrayed as younger except for in MM1's NES cover and MM9&10's parody covers of MM1. Dr. Light seemed alright although I was expecting a bit chubbier and maybe a speech impediment and Dr. Wily seemed well cast.

(Costumes): The costumes reminded me of the US MM1 cover as well. I'm not sure if that was intentional, but t it was bad. They should've just gone ahead and gave Mega Man a handgun if they were paying homage to MM1. At least I'd know that was definitely what they were doing and it wouldn't be a point to gripe about.

(Casting of Others): Man, there were a lot of Asians in the movie. I'd understand if this was a fan made Japanese movie, but I don't think it was. Even still, I guess I wouldn't have had such a big issue with it if they wore a bit more makeup or something to look less human, the Robot Masters played by humans was a joke, ********* looked too overweight, and with Mega Man, the stubble, hair and speaking bothered me. That said though, Roll seemed dead on to what I thought she should sound like, both in her dialogue and the sound of her voice. Overall, the only justification there would be so many Asian robots..., Dr. Light being a Japanophile.

(Special Effects): BAD, but expected.

(Favorite Part): Iceman saying Dr. Wowwee ala MM8 (not sure if it was intentional)

Before anyone agrees or disagrees with my opinion, its my opinion. I think it was a decent effort, but yea, those things sucked. Yea, I know there are factors like budget, but my critique stands and no, I can't do better and have no motivation to.

Update: I forgot to mention how EMO Mega Man acted as my final gripe. Robots shouldn't be EMO! Anyways, enjoy the movie for those of you planning to watch. I tried not to mention any of the story so as not to spoil it for anyone. Only think that can be considered a spoiler that I know of is below.

Spoilers:
********* = Proto Man

Edited on by sykotek

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Philip_J_Reed

Bah, you guys are cheaters! haha.

Reminder to those who waited until 8 and would like to enjoy/participate in the live commentary:

Starts in 40 minutes from now at (8pm Eastern time). The chatroom is located here: http://www.justin.tv/doctorkickles

The film is here: http://screwattack.com/videos/Mega-Man Might want to start that thing buffering so you don't have any hiccups during the screening. We'll all hit play at the same time and GET EQUIPPED WITH FAN MOVIE THING.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Ack Sorry CB. I had to go to a lame-ish party. Can't say I wouldn't rather have been watching mega man I'll just watch it all by myself

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

BlueFlameBat

theblackdragon wrote:

idk, but didn't Ninty just shut down that LoZ fan-film thingie on YouTube a while back? that's what i was reminded of, anyway...

Capcom may be greedy with the DLC, but they're not nearly as stingy about copyright stuff as Nintendo is. Although I'm probably speaking too soon.

I never got to see the Zelda movie. Was it any good?

Edited on by BlueFlameBat

Grumble

LzWinky

I'm glad Nintendo removed it, it was awful!!!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

BlueFlameBat

lz2010 wrote:

I think you're just saying that to annoy me. Well the jokes on you. I found a website that's showing it.

Grumble

Crystalking18

Just got done watching the whole movie. I went into the movie thinking that it would be a great video game movie, and could break the curse of the bad videogame based movie. Sure, it wasn't terrible, but I can't really call it the best. So.... might as well list the positives on here.

Pros)

• Dr. Wily was evil, so evil that I was impressed with what he could do.
  • The fact that they had so many cliched gamin moments, like the boss select screen, just made me go out and laugh, especially when they played Contra.
  • Protoman vs. Elecman. Elecman acting like a bad, shocking Megaman and winning, then Protoman coming out of nowhere and punches his head off, then calls Megaman a wuss. classic!
  • The whole movie in NYC. The best place to film this movie, just because of the city life, which was also a con, because they are limited.

Bad)

• TOO LONG!!! I know that it's a movie, but it' mostly just filled with dramatic lines, and less actiony that I thought it would be. Most of it was all just boring speech. Especially the beginning. Which brings me too....
  • No action. I went in thinking that there would be epic battle against the robot masters, but each fight was less than a minute. I know that it was fan made, but they could have at least made it more extreme with things being destroyed. It seemed way to tame in my mind, which sucked, even the final battles sucked.
  • Lame CG. I have to take into account that it was fan made, but still, why have half of the robots CG, and the other half human?
  • Out of order. Bombman gets killed, then you fight Gutsman, then Cutman, NOT Bombman, cutman, elecman, THEN Gutsman. Minor, but still annoying.
  • Cutman was a wuss. Pathetic. His whole weapon sucked, and only pinged.
  • sound. Can you throw in a crash when he hits a wall?

Overall, you have to consider that it's a fanmade movie, and you have to adjust your standards accordingly. It's not as bad as, say, Bloodrayne, but nowhere near as good as the King of Kong. I would give it a 5.5/10

Edited on by theblackdragon

FF6: Release year- 1994
Kefka's birthday - November 9th
So.... my life is practically mirroring Kefka? Cool.

LzWinky

BlueFlameBat wrote:

lz2010 wrote:

I think you're just saying that to annoy me. Well the jokes on you. I found a website that's showing it.

Actually I was being serious

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Philip_J_Reed

Thanks everyone for coming. That was hilariously fun. I think we'll need to do live screenings more often...maybe alternating them with the live runs.

I'll get a highlights video up soonish. Thanks again!

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

the_shpydar

Definitely a fun time, CB!

I actually really enjoyed the film because of its awesome badness. And with the chat going it made for perfect MST3K-ness. Definitely with future screenings; could be other gamer fan-films i guess for the obvious ease of availability online.

Tomena Sanner Endless Mode

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Philip_J_Reed

the+shpydar wrote:

Definitely a fun time, CB!

I actually really enjoyed the film because of its awesome badness. And with the chat going it made for perfect MST3K-ness. Definitely with future screenings; could be other gamer fan-films i guess for the obvious ease of availability online.

Tomena Sanner Endless Mode

Thanks man. And I have to comment on the awesome new avatar. That episode was great.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

the_shpydar

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Thanks man. And I have to comment on the awesome new avatar. That episode was great.

Lol, thanks. Stelios rules. At the end of the scene i immediately proclaimed "GREATEST NEW CHARACTER EVER!!" My neighbors then just glanced over this way and closed their drapes. Again.

You just can't beat a bully who provides their own kick-ash theme music.

Stan: "He was as mean as he was Greek."

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

TKOWL

I saw the first 20 minutes of it, and so far it's pretty good for a fan movie. But it's a tad bit ironic that it comes out on the same day a Iron Man 2

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Rensch

For a fan movie this was some amazing!

And Roll was mighty fine!

Edited on by theblackdragon

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

R-L-A-George

It was good, there was one part it could of been without but I like it.

It made sense, the reason why the robots looked asian.

Dr. Wily for some reason reminded me of Plankton(spongebob, don't ask, my sister watches it) and Doofenshmerts(Phineas and Ferb. Perhaps in a way they modeled after him.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Hahah RLA George dr Wily reminded me of Doofensmertz as well

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.