Forums

Topic: Mega Man cartoon series coming 2017.

Posts 1 to 18 of 18

Hendesu

I thought Capcom didn't care about Megaman anymore since Keiji Inafune left.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Megas75

Hoping it'll be the original series rather than Battle Network/Starforce like the last few have

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

Retro_on_theGo

Well this is random.

I'm guessing we're getting a new game at E3 then to increase Mega Man's image in the public until 2017 or at least we'll finally get a new Mega Man game in 2018 as a tie-in game.

As long as the character designs don't look stupid, I'm in. Man of Action is a good studio. This could be fun. I much rather would have preferred a Mega Man X series though seeing as how MOA's usual style is edgy teenager angst.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Well this is random.

I'm guessing we're getting a new game at E3 then to increase Mega Man's image in the public until 2017 or at least we'll finally get a new Mega Man game in 2018 as a tie-in game.

As long as the character designs don't look stupid, I'm in. Man of Action is a good studio. This could be fun. I much rather would have preferred a Mega Man X series though seeing as how MOA's usual style is edgy teenager angst.

It depends, if it's 3D like Big-Hero 6, then the original's Character designs would fit their style more. But yeah, if it's 2D, I'd want some Mega Man X in there.

I can't read, apparently. They were involved with Big Hero 6's source material, I guess, not the movie...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Joeynator3000

I'm calling it now, it'll be cancelled.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

CrazyOtto

So instead of Capcom making no more Mega Man games, they'll be making shovelware Mega Man games.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

TwilightV

Calling it now. It's gonna be a lame ugly comedy with zero plot and Mega Man will be extremely obnoxious. Everyone will keep insisting it's not a bad show, even though they know deep down it is. :V

TwilightV

Jacob717

TwilightV wrote:

Calling it now. It's gonna be a lame ugly comedy with zero plot and Mega Man will be extremely obnoxious. Everyone will keep insisting it's not a bad show, even though they know deep down it is. :V

Well these are the same people who made Ben 10 and Generator Rex so it has potential. I don't blame them for Ultimate Spider-Man, that's more Marvel Animation's fault.

Jacob717

CanisWolfred

TwilightV wrote:

I'm fairly certain you're familiar with Man of Action's previous works (Ben 10, Generator Rex, Ultimate Spider Man, etc.). They don't really make comedies...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RudysaurusRex

Megumi wrote:

I'm calling it now, it'll be cancelled.

I have hope though. I loved Generator Rex, and was so sad to see it go. I can only hope this pulls through and doesn't turn out like Spider-Man...

Edited on by RudysaurusRex

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

TwilightV

CanisWolfred wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

I'm fairly certain you're familiar with Man of Action's previous works (Ben 10, Generator Rex, Ultimate Spider Man, etc.).

Yes, and the only one of those I don't consider a comedy is Generator Rex, so let's hope it ends up like that, huh?

TwilightV

CanisWolfred

TwilightV wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

I'm fairly certain you're familiar with Man of Action's previous works (Ben 10, Generator Rex, Ultimate Spider Man, etc.).

Yes, and the only one of those I don't consider a comedy is Generator Rex, so let's hope it ends up like that, huh?

...how is Ben 10 a comedy? I mean, maybe you could stretch it to an "action-comedy", but even then, I'd say that's pushing the definition of a television comedy, considering the humor doesn't seem to be the main point of the story.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

...how is Ben 10 a comedy?

It was half a comedy I think? Like it had consistent jokes...attempts at jokes? I think? I'm sorry, despite its success and fanbase, Ben 10, premise and theme aside, was one of the least memorable shows I've seen on Cartoon Network. It was super generic.

But I'm pretty sure it had a lot of emphasis on comedic elements? More than some action series at least, it felt like it was going for that cheesy, maybe self-aware superhero thing IIRC.

For the record, I have a word for word same opinion of what I saw of Generator Rex, except maybe a bit more serious.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TwilightV

CanisWolfred wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

...how is Ben 10 a comedy?

Most serious moments in the series are usually lightened by Ben and his transformations making cheesy wisecracks. Even the more darker in tone Alien trilogy was guilty of this.

TwilightV

CanisWolfred

It had plenty of jokes, but so does a lot of action stuff these days, especially comic book related (which, while not comic-based, was made by Comicbook writers). Saying it's a comedy would be like saying the Avengers movies are comedies, or One Piece is a comedy anime...I don't think that's entirely true. I think comedy is important to have to some degree in any story, so labelling a story a comedy must insinuate that the comedy is the focus of the story, that the audience's main source of amusement as intended by the creators will be by laughter. Ben 10's story did not seem to focus on humorous situations. A lot of the story, either the individual episodes or the overarching story, were based on reasonably serious premises and ideas, and were often handled with a degree of urgency...

Basically, I just find calling it a comedy misleading as far as I've seen, and I actually watched that series pretty regularly until the end of season 3, so...unless they made a drastic turn in Season 4 and the subsequent sequels (there were a lot, I'll admit), maybe the chances aren't so likely that it'd be a "lame ugly comedy with zero plot", as you put it?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Okapi

Jason723 wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Well these are the same people who made Ben 10 and Generator Rex so it has potential. I don't blame them for Ultimate Spider-Man, that's more Marvel Animation's fault.

I still don't understand what's so bad about USM. Sure it's not the best show Marvel's ever put out, but it had an okay plot, and Drake Bell made a great voice for Peter Parker.

At least it's leagues better than that "Avengers Assemble" crap and...
shutter
..Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H......

Okapi

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.