Forums

Topic: Mega Man 4, 5, and 6: Mixed opinions?

Posts 221 to 233 of 233

Dezner

Yeah, the BN games are quite....different. They definitely require more chip folder organization and grinding time that I even wanted to bother with. I last remember getting stuck at a fairly early part of BN3 and not knowing where to go next....that's probably been at least 2 or more years ago. The first and second games each took me foreverrrrr to complete and I barely squeaked by both of their endings.

Aww, I can only pick one song? M'kay.

MM1- I always had a soft spot for Bomb Man's stage. I think he was usually the first I would go after too, so I heard it more often.
MM2- Definitely Bubble Man. Absolutely awesome and fits his stage perfectly. Also it was one of the first songs that I experienced what a game "remix" was like, with guitars and everything that made it even more awesome.
MM3- Snake Man! Awesome song that I remember attempting to record with a tape cassette/radio player as a kid.
MM4- Daaaamn this one is hard to pick. Drill Man gets my vote, with Dust Man a close second.
MM5- The Wily Capsule theme is absolutely chilling during a tense fight. I've always loved how Wily's attacks kind of radiate away to the music at times. It's hard to describe. >_>
MM6- Same as MM5, the final Wily fight. Love it!
MM7- Hmm.....I'd say the just the normal Boss Battle music. Very tense!
MM8- I like Sword Man's quite a bit. It gives you that "thinking" state of mind to get through the puzzles.
MM9- I have a huge crush on Splash Woman, so she wins by default! Plus, her theme just fits a water stage perfectly.
MM10- I'd say Solar Man, but everybody does! So I'll be different and pick Special Stage 1, Enker! Just plain awesome.

Also, Mega Man & Bass! - Definitely Ground Man's theme, I was stuck on that stage forever when I first played played so it got listened to many many many times.

Edited on by Dezner

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Tasuki

Ok heres my list.

MM1- Elecmans Stage
MM2- Crashman's Stage (if we are talking about just RM) Wily Stage 1&2 (If we are talking about any song)
MM3- Sparkman's Stage
MM4- Toadman's Stage
MM5- Starman's Stage
MM6- Tomahawkman's Stage
MM7- Freezeman's Stage
MM8- Havent played enough of it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MegaStoneSmash91

Oh, good lists! Lots of awesome music there. It's so difficult to pick just one favorite! (just look at my MM3 problem)
@Dezner: My favorite tune in MM&B is Burner Man's. It doesn't fit him at all (it does fit the stage, which I think was the goal), but it's got such a good sound to it.

How about your favorite weapon from each game?
MM1- Thunder Beam, by far, but Fire Storm is also fantastic
MM2- Quick Boomerang (except for it being pink)
MM3- Shadow Blade, but Magnet Missile is also good (while it lasts)
MM4- Pharaoh Shot
MM5- Gyro Attack
MM6- Either Flame Blast or Knight Crusher
MM7- Junk Shield
MM8- Flame Sword (because it's awesome)
MM9- They're all great, but my favorite is Hornet Chaser
MM10- Triple Blade, but I also love using Solar Blaze
MM&B- Wave Burner, but Spread Drill is neat too

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Tasuki

Favorite weapon ok here it goes.

MM1- Gutsmans (I cant remember what its called right now)
MM2- MetalBlade
MM3- Magnet Missle
MM4- Dust Crusher
MM5- Charge Kick (I like that cause you can attack while sliding)
MM6- Yamato Spear
MM7- Slash Claw (cause its just fun to use)

My Backlog

MegaStoneSmash91

By the way, have you played MM9 and 10 yet? I'd like to know your thoughts on those two, and how they compare to the other games. If you're still playing Mafia II, though, don't sweat it. (I was going to make another list, but I just thought "Nah". Unless you have a good idea for a list?)

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Philip_J_Reed

RM songs and weapons, ignoring 6 and 8 as I haven't played those yet:

MM1: Bomb Man / Rolling Cutter
MM2: Flash Man / Metal Blade
MM3: Gemini Man / Magnet Missile
MM4: Dive Man / Ring Boomerang
MM5: Star Man / Silver Arrow
MM7: Shade Man / Danger Wrap
MM9: Galaxy Man / Jewel Satellite
MM10: Commando Man / Triple Blade (I guess...the weapons in this one suck.)

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Kingbuilder

You should rename this the "Mega Man Fan Club"!

Anyway, here are my fave songs for each game. (not including Wily stages.)

MM1: Cut Man
MM2: Flash Man
MM3: Snake Man
MM4: Bright Man
MM5: Napalm Man (My favorite robot master and theme song)
MM6: Yamato Man
MM9: Concrete Man (2nd Favorite of all time)
MM10: Nitro Man

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Tasuki

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

By the way, have you played MM9 and 10 yet? I'd like to know your thoughts on those two, and how they compare to the other games. If you're still playing Mafia II, though, don't sweat it. (I was going to make another list, but I just thought "Nah". Unless you have a good idea for a list?)

Not yet I want to finish 6 & 7 first before I play 9 and 10. I was out of town since last Friday camping and didnt get back untill Monday night so the last few days I have been busy getting back on track.

My Backlog

MegaStoneSmash91

Kingbuilder wrote:

You should rename this the "Mega Man Fan Club"!

But should this thread be renamed, or should an entirely new one be created? Hmmm....I'm leaning towards a new topic, because this was originally supposed to be just about MM4, 5, and 6. Thoughts?

@Tasuki: OK then, you should finish those two up anyway before starting 9 & 10. It makes sense, after all.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Tasuki

A new thread might be a good idea since this has turned into a MM Fan Club thread. Maybe you should ask one of the people in charge like Black Dragon or Chicken Brutus and see what they think. We dont want to have too many threads talking about the same thing.

My Backlog

MegaStoneSmash91

I never imagined that this topic would end up becoming about just Mega Man in general. I should probably start a new one for all MM stuff and leave this one alone, since I'm sure nobody else wants to post according to the subject anyway. Would I really have to contact someone about this? (I don't think I even know how) Can't we just call this thread over with and make a new topic? In fact, I think I'll just do that right now.....hopefully it's the right decision.

Beep.
That is all.

TKOWL

Here's my favorite songs and weapons from the MM games I own:
MM1: Bomb Man/ Thunder Shot (or whatever it's called)
MM2: Bubble Man/ Metal Blade
MM3: Spark Man/Gemini Laser
MM4: Bright Man/Rain Flush
MM9: Wily Castle 2/ Concrete Shot
MM10: Commando Man/Triple Blade (Water Shield comes a close second)

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

MegaStoneSmash91

Everyone please post favorites and such in the Mega Man Fan Club from now on. You can still talk about the quality of MM4, 5, & 6 here, if you wish.

Beep.
That is all.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.