Forums

Topic: Matt Casamassina Leaves IGN

Posts 21 to 38 of 38

brandonbwii

The thing with Matt being in charge of the Nintendo channel was that he had a lot of "you heard it here first" announcements (Deadly Creatures, The Conduit, Henry Hatsworth, Project Monster etc., not to mention the much talked about cancelled project Winter). Oh well. Looks like I'll just have to read Nintendo Power now for all of the exclusive Nintendo news.

Edited on by brandonbwii

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

PopeReal

And my life goes on unchanged. I just never get caught up in who works where and says what. The games speak for themselves.

PopeReal

Corbs

I always liked Matt's writing on IGN. In fact, he was the main reason I visited the site for many years. I wish him lots of luck in his new endeavor with Apple.

Plain old gamer :)

Donatello

Ricardo91 wrote:

Excellent. Now they only need to get rid of Daemon Hatfield, and IGN might actually become respectable.

I HATE that guy with a passion, that little douche bag Nintendo hating hipster. Greg Miller is another IGN editor I can't stand...And then there's Jessica Chobot, who's just an awful stuck up interviewer, and a proud Wii hater.

Colin, Craig and Lucas M.Thomas are the only real awesome Editors IGN has left, among the IGN Wii haters.
Before I had a blast watching Matt and Bozon playing around in their IGN Playground videos, and they were always delivering solid reviews. It's just too bad Matt wrote those 2 stupid articles about the Wii.

Edited on by Donatello

Donatello

Machu

I've been a fan of Matt since the IGN64 days, the only problem I've ever had with him is his somewhat disturbing love for Apple. Oh well, I guess he ended up where he was meant to. I'll never forget him though (or IGN), for providing a resource that really didn't exist back then and one we take for granted now.

Rawr!

Percentful

Wait a second, am I getting Matt Cassamassina confused with someone else? I thought he was the one who wrote the good articles...

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

jangonov

Good. Maybe with a new editor, they may crack down on the comment boards. The people yelling "PS3 4EVAA!!" are somehow less annoying than being offered airjordans for $24.99 edit to prove I am not just complaining, I just sent my second e-mail to them about this concern

Edited on by jangonov

Wii : 5234 3442 0233 5325
3DS: 2664-2106-1671
I have A LOT of games, if you want to play something, just email me jangonov&#...

Matt was really great and definately knew what he was talking about. Now he has become disillusioned with Nintendo and he has clearly begun take himself too seriously. I can't see him doing any better for himself. Shame.

Luigi-la-bouncy

AlexSays

110percentful wrote:

Wait a second, am I getting Matt Cassamassina confused with someone else? I thought he was the one who wrote the good articles...

Nah

He was the guy that reviewed games without playing them, gave factual inaccuracies in several reviews, and reviewed games based on his relationship with the developers.

He was the guy that changed other IGN reviewers' reviews to correspond with HIS opinion.

He was the guy that made up so much crap about Nintendo that they actually responded and basically told him to shut up. He was the guy that made up rumors in several articles in order to rack up hits for the site.

All in all he helped IGN's popularity which is exactly what they wanted, but anyone that knows the extent of his dishonesty and manipulation would not take what he says seriously.

AlexSays

theblackdragon

AlexSays wrote:

He was the guy that made up so much crap about Nintendo that they actually responded and basically told him to shut up.

whoa, source plz? that sounds like it'd be a hilarious read :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Kid_A

I like Matt. I don't always agree with him (I'll never forgive him for his Wii Music review) but he was a fine gaming journalist.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

V8_Ninja

C'mon, people. Matt wasn't THAT bad. You have to look at the articles from an adult perspective and think about them before writing him off as "Extreme Nintendo Lover & Horrible Writer".

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

PaupackElite

I enjoyed reading Matt's articles. I haven't seen any recent articles written by Bozon lately, does anyone know what happened to him?

Good day. ... I said Good day
We have to go back Kate! WE HAVE TO GO BAAAAAAAACK!!!!!
Modern Warfare Reflex Edition 5332-3502-2691
My Backloggery

Kid_A

Bozon left a month or two ago. Craig Harris is the main man now. I like him, but his reviews can be a little nit-picky.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

retired_account

Dang, I didn't know Bozon left. What happened there?

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.