Forums

Topic: Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund

Posts 101 to 111 of 111

theblackdragon

^ this is apparently how they're explaining the situation via TV to young children in Japan — as an extended poop joke. it's hilarious to us, but i bet it's working pretty well to calm kids' fears over there. god bless the japanese, lol :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

y2josh

Wow Sniffer man for the win

y2josh

Raylax

Hahaha, oh wow. Best thing is that's more informative than the entirety of the Western media put together.

Also, this:

Radiation Chart, courtesy of XKCD

Take time to read it. Especially note that you get more than 10 times the radiation exposure from a short plane flight than you would from standing in a town close to Fukushima. And half what you get on an average day walking around an average town in non-nuclear averageville. (to clarify that last one, you'd get 1.5* usual radiation when added together. But it's still pathetically small)

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

sykotek

I am comforted by the video, flying poo ftw...no wait, flying poo would be bad right!?...
rewatches video

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Raylax

Global Music has released a special album, Songs for Japan, on the iTunes Store for £7.99 ($9.99 on the US store), £6.19 of which goes to the Japanese Red Cross. It's worth getting, there's a lot of good songs on it, 38 in total... although strangely enough, no J-Pop (although I suppose less people in the West would be inclined to buy a J-Pop album lol). I'll definitely pick it up, I could use some non-J music in my library.

Click to go to album in iTunes

Tracklist
John Lennon "Imagine"
U2 "Walk On"
Bob Dylan "Shelter From The Storm"
Red Hot Chili Peppers "Around The World"
Lady Gaga "Born This Way"
Beyonce "Irreplaceable"
Bruno Mars "Talking To The Moon"
Katy Perry "Firework"
Rihanna "Only Girl (In The World)"
Justin Timberlake "Like I Love You"
Madonna "Miles Away"
David Guetta "When Love Takes Over"
Eminem "Love The Way You Lie"
Bruce Springsteen "Human Touch"
Josh Groban "Awake"
Keith Urban "Better Life"
Black Eyed Peas "One Tribe"
Pink "Sober"
Cee Lo Green "It's Ok"
Lady Antebellum "I Run To You"
Bon Jovi "What Do You Got?"
Foo Fighters "My Hero"
R.E.M. "Man On The Moon"
Nicki Minaj "Save Me"
Sade "By Your Side"
Michael Buble "Hold On"
Justin Bieber "Pray"
Adele "Make You Feel My Love"
Enya "If I Could Be Where You Are"
Elton John "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me"
John Mayer "Waiting On The World To Change"
Queen "Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together)"
Kings Of Leon "Use Somebody"
Sting "Fragile"
Leona Lewis "Better In Time"
Ne-Yo "One In A Million"
Shakira "Whenever, Wherever"
Norah Jones "Sunrise"

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

Xkhaoz

@Raylax I'l be sure to buy that when I come home.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Eel

Mickeymac wrote:

abgar wrote:

Yessir!
it's not like i was interested in those

Well, I have heard of volcanoes simply appearing out of nowhere before

I heard about that. If I recall correctly, music class turned that into a song! Which I'm sure the mexicans who died that day greatly appreciated.

According to wikipedia, only three people died due to lightning strikes caused by the eruptions, but none were killed by the volcano itself

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Raylax

^ As bad luck goes, being hit by lightning after dodging a volcano out of nowhere must really suck "This volcano makes me think God is picking on m- KZZZRRRT - yep, He's definately picking on me"

Anyway, that album is pretty damn good. OK, I've ended up removing a fair amount of tracks from it, but there's nearly 40 there in the first place so I've still got plenty more than a full album's worth of tracks from it.

Raylax

CanisWolfred

Raylax wrote:

^ As bad luck goes, being hit by lightning after dodging a volcano out of nowhere must really suck "This volcano makes me think God is picking on m- KZZZRRRT - yep, He's definately picking on me"

Anyway, that album is pretty damn good. OK, I've ended up removing a fair amount of tracks from it, but there's nearly 40 there in the first place so I've still got plenty more than a full album's worth of tracks from it.

Not to mention it's just a good deal. I got some iTunes cards for my Birthday, so I bought it after sampling a bunch of tracks. I don't think I'll be taking off much. Still, it's 38 songs for $10. They should just leave it up there indefinitely. It's a great deal for those who just bought an iDevice.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.