Forums

Topic: Japan Discussion

Posts 621 to 640 of 843

RR529

CanisWolfred wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Journeys in Japan was on earlier today! They visited the Minami-Boso region.

They picked strawberries, harvested bamboo shoots, took a leisurely trip to the beach, and even picked up fresh ingredients at a street market for a healthy meal.

So basically they got paid to go on vacation. I want a job like that.

Pretty much, lol. They just followed around the family of a guy from the Finnish embassy, as they took some relaxing time off.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Blaze

I've been learning Japansee for the past couple of months or so~ Finally managed to get all my hiragana and katakana down so I can recognize them from both sound to symbol and vice-versa. Started working on my kanji now, which - surprisingly enough - I'm progressing through quicker than the kana, despite all the stuff I hear about how difficult the kanji is. :3

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Kawaii

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

RR529

Tokyo Eye was on today! They shocased some exciting area for tech in the city.

First, they showcased a smart vending machine in a train station. It scans customers' faces, and after figuring their gender, age, and time of day, gives them recommendations based on what other people of the same demographic order during that time of day.

They then visited the Advanced Technology Exhibition Hall, where many technological achievements are showcased. There you can get a further look into the tech that the smart vending machine's camera runs on, disaster prevention tech (a shake powered flashlight, batteries that can be charged using water, juice, or even saliva), a robot that can communicate with visitors, and other advancements (a suit made to enhance the wearer's strength, an automatic page turner, and more). Admission is free.

They then visited a conceptual eco-friendly smart home, that runs on solar power, has generators that store energy made by the home, has automatic lighting that adjusts based on the amount of sunlight getting through, and has an indoor garage, where you can store (and charge) your electric car. Admission is free, but reservations are needed.

They then went to a technology museum run by Sony. Most of the exhibits there are very hands on, to interest children, and the hosts spent a large amount of time at the AR (augmented reality) exhibit, where a shark came to life on their smart phone. Admission is ¥500.

Lastly, they went to Ota Ward. This area is famous for it's many small factories. Although reservations are needed, many factories will give visitors tours, and some even let their guests get some hands on experience.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

CanisWolfred

That advanced Technology Hall sounds amazing.

Blaze wrote:

I've been learning Japansee for the past couple of months or so~ Finally managed to get all my hiragana and katakana down so I can recognize them from both sound to symbol and vice-versa. Started working on my kanji now, which - surprisingly enough - I'm progressing through quicker than the kana, despite all the stuff I hear about how difficult the kanji is. :3

Admittedly Kanji ia a little more unique-looking and verbally complex, so they're easier to identify at first.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

CanisWolfred wrote:

Blaze wrote:

Admittedly Kanji ia a little more unique-looking and verbally complex, so they're easier to identify at first.

Yeah, I'll get into a kick of trying to learn Japanese every once in awhile, and Kanji just seem too intimidating, lol (although I am able to identity the characters for "mountain" & "Japan").

I'm capable enough with Katakana to work my way around Nintendo of Japan's website (which I like to practice on), but once I'm on a particular page the most I can do is decipher every other game title (looking at screenshots to gather what they're about).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Blaze

@RR529 Well, I've made it my aim to have the 2000 or so general-use kanji learned by the end of the year. Hopefully I can stick to it. D: 5 days in and I'm up to kanji number 79, which isn't too bad I guess~ :3

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

RR529

Blaze wrote:

@RR529 Well, I've made it my aim to have the 2000 or so general-use kanji learned by the end of the year. Hopefully I can stick to it. D: 5 days in and I'm up to kanji number 79, which isn't too bad I guess~ :3

Good luck!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

CanisWolfred

RR529 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Blaze wrote:

Yeah, I'll get into a kick of trying to learn Japanese every once in awhile, and Kanji just seem too intimidating, lol (although I am able to identity the characters for "mountain" & "Japan").

I'm capable enough with Katakana to work my way around Nintendo of Japan's website (which I like to practice on), but once I'm on a particular page the most I can do is decipher every other game title (looking at screenshots to gather what they're about).

Yeah, I used to have katakana memorized when I was younger. Unfortunately, it still made figuring out names a hassle...I could never get hiragana down, though, and I only know Kanji enough to be able to pick them out from chinese...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Snagrio

When I get married, and if my wife wants to, I kinda want to spend our honeymoon in Japan. Who knows, if she herself is Japanese I could meet some of her relatives there.

Not to mention all the StreetPasses.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Blaze

WingedFish wrote:

When I get married, and if my wife wants to, I kinda want to spend our honeymoon in Japan. Who knows, if she herself is Japanese I could meet some of her relatives there.

Not to mention all the StreetPasses.

Do it for the streetpasses!

Also passed my hundredth kanji, yay~

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

RR529

Imagine-Nation was on tonight!

Main Theme: They covered Shin Megami Tensei IV for Nintendo 3DS! It has a May 23 release date (July in North America). It's the first release in the main series in 10 years. the setting is East Mikado, where samurai protect society from demons, but the main character is sent to Tokyo to solve an approaching crisis. It features traditional RPG gameplay such as turn based battles and walking around a field in 3rd person perspective, along with series staples such as sprite based enemy images, along with various ways of defeating, dealing, and teaming up with the different demons, difficult challenge, and various endings. It also features new ideas, such as stereoscopic 3D, StreetPass (which allows players to trade & improve demon stats), a "search" function to demon fusion (allowing the player more control), over 500 demons (the largest roster in the series), and casual gaming options. They went to an event where gamers were able to try it out early, and first impressions were good! The original Shin Megami Tensei released in 1992 for the Super Famicom, and the hosts were playing it via iPad (since they weren't given a playable version of the 3DS game).

Side Theme: They gave a mention to Koitabi: True Tours Nanto, an anime short series connected to actual tourism in Nanto (you have to visit areas around the city to view them). They also mentioned the port of Resident Evil: Revelations for PS3, Wii U, Xbox 360, and PC, releasing on May 23.

Creator's Interview: They interviewed Shiho Hirayama, who makes short animation clips, which are gaining attention at art festivals.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

AccessibleDaydream

Funny you created this thread, because I was just thinking how much I've fallen in love with stuff like Anime and J-Pop. Thanks for perfect timing.

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

Blaze

ChrisT99 wrote:

Funny you created this thread, because I was just thinking how much I've fallen in love with stuff like Anime and J-Pop. Thanks for perfect timing.

Well, this thread has been in existence for almost a year now. u_u

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

LzWinky

Yup, let's go to North Korea instead!!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Harrison_Peter

Blaze wrote:

Also passed my hundredth kanji, yay~

おめでとうございます! Keep it up!

"We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers." - Carl Sagan

3DS Friend Code: 4055-3525-4443

Twitter:

RR529

J-Melo was on tonight!

It was the debut of the rock group, End Of The World, who performed "Holy Forest" (very upbeat sounding beat, that would fit perfectly in a Tales game, with very bleak lyrics behind it...), "Love the warz" (very fast paced! Again with the dark meaning underneath), "Sleeping Beauty" (Again, an upbeat sound with melancholy lyrics), and "RPG" (An actual upbeat song, about a group on a grand adventure. Parts of it sounded reminiscent of classic Final Fantasy, IMO).

They've previously performed under the name of Sekai No Owari, and they showcased a montage of their various music videos. Songs included: "Maboroshi No Inochi" (Phantom Life), "Nijiro No Senso" (Rainbow Colored-War), "Tenshi To Akuma" (Angels and Devils), "Fantasy", "Kachofugetsu" (Beauties of Nature), and "Starlight Parade".

What name they perform under depends on which of their group is on vocals (as the two sing a different set of their songs).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Turnip

I got タイム トラベラーズ for the PSP, and I now realize that my Japanese knowledge (or lack thereof) is nowhere near being enough to read Japanese games.

Edited on by Turnip

Cringing is really fun.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.