Forums

Topic: Japan Discussion

Posts 361 to 380 of 843

blazerhot

Idk how to make japanese friends....

Hey! My 3ds fc is 5370-0953-5181! Looking for people who play multiplayer often, nice people or japanease speakers to improve my skills

Hokori

When I get there I wanna make friends, especially with a lady

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Tsuchinoko

HarmoKnight wrote:

When I get there I wanna make friends, especially with a lady

Yeah, I got that...I think there's a lot of things you need to do before you even think about that though. I haven't dated anyone in over 3 years, I'm too busy.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Hokori

I'm going to keep at it though, I guess I'll say as long as I achieve my dream someday I'll be happy I just gotta try harder, I still am iffy on college, because of personal preferences, but I'll think about it

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Tsuchinoko

HarmoKnight wrote:

I'm going to keep at it though, I guess I'll say as long as I achieve my dream someday I'll be happy I just gotta try harder, I still am iffy on college, because of personal preferences, but I'll think about it

Okay...Well, if you actually want it, then you'll get it. College is really only the first step really. I didn't even get back to Japan after study abroad for almost a year after my graduation because it took a while with job interviews and saving money. I don't even see how you can even consider moving to a country like Japan without a 3-5 year plan on how you will get the money, what your college plans are, what kind of degree you will pursue and what kind of company you want to work for. You don't just pick a place in Japan and just hope the country accepts you with open arms. Actually, a lot of foreigners who even have jobs get in trouble with immigration services if they don't have their paperwork just right, if they don't pay all the living taxes, its all very strict. You really should be doing your research.

Either way, if you don't get over this college thing and start planning for your future right away, it won't happen. There are people your age who are already much more prepared and ahead of you, and you're competing with them, just remember that.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Hokori

Hmm ok, maybe ill got to college and earn the degree, but if anyone asked (besides the people who'll help me move) I didn't, I still wanna get by with out that "free pass" I'm way too used to here

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

The_Fox

Wait, having a college degree gets you a free pass? Now I'm very confused as to why work is so hard to find around here. I should be set.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Hokori

Well college degrees don't give you a free pass as in you don't have to work hard, but it seems in my experience people with higher educations get more just because they went to college

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

RR529

This place sure exploded since I was last here...

As for the topic at hand, I'm having a hard enough time finding a job at home. If I can just get a good, steady career, & just make enough for a short trip to Japan one day, I'll be happy.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

theblackdragon

HarmoKnight wrote:

Well college degrees don't give you a free pass as in you don't have to work hard, but it seems in my experience people with higher educations get more just because they went to college

It opens doors that maybe wouldn't be available to non-graduates. That's all. College graduates still have to make the effort to walk through them. You're not guaranteed anything upon being awarded a degree, i can't tell you how many friends I have who have been to college and work entry-level jobs because there's nothing available in their field where they're at.

Your assumptions about things will not help you at all. You can either start looking into these magical jobs you think you're going to have while you're in Japan, see what their requirements are, and then work toward them as goals, or you can continue to sit there, moan about how all you want in life is to meet a pretty Japanese girl, and piddle around for the rest of your life, Otaku. The choice is yours.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Hokori

Ok I'll check to see what the requirements are and work to them before I decide to go to college first or not but to say all I want is a pretty Japanese girl is far from the truth, that's just one thing, I just don't like the way college is forced in today's life, since it doesn't actually show how smart a person is

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

LzWinky

HarmoKnight wrote:

Ok I'll check to see what the requirements are and work to them before I decide to go to college first or not but to say all I want is a pretty Japanese girl is far from the truth, that's just one thing, I just don't like the way college is forced in today's life, since it doesn't actually show how smart a person is

I knew it! You're going to Japan for this!

Untitled

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Hokori

^cosplay? Maybe that's another piece of the puzzle

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

LzWinky

Meow

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Hokori

Neko Lady :F

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

LzWinky

You think that's a neko lady? How silly of you

LzWinky

KaiserGX wrote:

LOL! What is that. You changed your avatar to it.

Japanese catboy :3

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.