Forums

Topic: Japan Discussion

Posts 121 to 140 of 843

RR529

Watched Jibtv today.

They were talking about the history of Michikoba (small factory businesses, usually involved in tech) in the Ota ward of Tokyo, and how they're preparing for the future.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

J-Melo was on tonight!

The first band up was SuG. The first song they performed was Howling Magic, and it was good, but a little too metal for my taste. ☆Gimme X Gimme☆ was their next song, and was my favorite. Fukanzen Beautyfool Days was their final song, and it was pretty good as well.

The other band was Versailles. THE RED CARPET DAY was their first song, and it was way too goth/metal for my taste (the same can be said about the band's look). ROSE was their other song, and I actually enjoyed it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Itadakimatsu! Dining with the Chef was on today.

The main dish was Country Style Miso-Flavored Eggplant. You stir fry eggplant and green peppers, adding miso, soy sauce, and sesame seeds for flavoring. I don't care for green peppers, so I probably wouldn't care for this.

One side dish was Octopus and Cucumber with Vinegar Dressing. It looked really good

The other side dish was Clear Soup with Asparagus. Looked pretty good.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Hokori

There's this salad at my local Japanese restaurant, they dressing they use is weird and I don't like it surprisingly

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

geek-master

since this is a japan discussion has anyone heard of the sony xperia SX or GX? both are exclusive sony android icecream sandwich phones for japan

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

MrArcade

ice cream saandwhich will soon be obselete because of jelly bean

MrArcade

RR529

geek-master wrote:

since this is a japan discussion has anyone heard of the sony xperia SX or GX? both are exclusive sony android icecream sandwich phones for japan

Sorry, I'm not much into the smartphone scene, so I wouldn't know.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

shingi_70

Yep but Is would still reccomend the Galaxy Nexus.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

geek-master

i mentioned it because this was a japan thread =_=
but yeah jellybean is amazing. to bad the galaxy nexus has cruddy build quality for a flagship android phone.
right now i am loyal to windows phone

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

RR529

@geek-master, I know this doesn't have to do with this particular thread, but I have to say that I love your avatar.

I discovered that show about a year and a half ago, and really enjoyed it (well the first two seasons at least, the third was rubbish).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Koos

I've been in Japan twenty years ago ad part of an organized tour. We saw shrines, volcanoes, gardens, Nagasaki, and Disney Land. I wish I can visit again now as an adult but I doubt I can justify that financially. Not only the trip will cost an arm and leg it is also very expensive there. I remember how the prices shocked me at the time. Hopefully a business opportunity wiLL emerge. I have now a few Japanese acquaintance s/ friends so that's a possibility too....

Koos

Koos

MrArcade wrote:

ice cream saandwhich will soon be obselete because of jelly bean

Well I have jelly bean and I can't tell the difference from ICS ... notifications are a little better and the face recognition has you blinking if you want. Keyboard a little better.

Koos

Koos

Somehow I knew you'd want to argue about this too. Google Japan expensive. I remember a coke can cost me 8 times more than I paid back home. So unless things drastically changed....

Koos

Bankai

Yeah, it's because I can't stand people acting like they know stuff when really they don't.

A can of coke is between 80 and 150 yen in Japan, depending where you buy it from. 100 yen in Japan is worth to the Japanese what one dollar is worth to us Americans/ Australians.

So a can of Coke in Japan is between 80 cents and $1.50. That's not expensive. If it costs you more than that that's because the exchange rate is bad. Not because the country is an expensive place to live/ shop in.

Bankai

[/div]

Yes, that's brilliant. A newspaper report that doesn't list the exact criteria for assessing how expensive a city is to live in.

Brilliant proof, there.

Just so you know - that newspaper report is talking about the cities that are expensive to live in for expatriates living there. Things like healthcare, living costs, all that stuff.

Being a expensive city to visit as a tourist is an entirely different matter.

Edited on by Bankai

Koos

Even if its not expensive anymore I doubt its a shopping paradise heaven.... well for collectors and fans of anime and videogames but in terms of prices... I was never exactly wowed by amazon JP prices. never cheaper. YAh I check them out. Still would be happy to travel one day again.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Koos

theblackdragon

'expensive' is entirely in the eye of the beholder — what country you're coming from, how you spend your money at home, how often you go on vacation, whether you mind staying on the seedier side of town to save money on a hotel or transportation, etc. and so forth. one man's expensive is another man's cheap bargain, so the important thing here is to do your own research and be absolutely sure that you can reasonably afford the costs of a trip to Japan if you are trying to make that happen. Don't blindly trust what one person or one report tells you, do your homework and make sure it's right for you.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

shingi_70

Koos wrote:

Even if its not expensive anymore I doubt its a shopping paradise heaven.... well for collectors and fans of anime and videogames but in terms of prices... I was never exactly wowed by amazon JP prices. never cheaper. YAh I check them out. Still would be happy to travel one day again.

Brah its non just anime and videogames. Visit Harajuku for fashion week and check out the runway shows and sales that usually happen. Or Akihabara for some vintage tech/videogames. Would love to get my hands on a N64DD.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.