Forums

Topic: Iwata stopped by the house yesterday

Posts 241 to 260 of 354

Chunky_Droid

@Stuffgamer: Koji Kondo, the musical genius behind the classic Super Mario Bros. tunes, and the classic Legend of Zelda tunes. Truly a genius

His best works are (in my opinion) Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past. But he DOES do a lot of other games for Nintendo aswell.

Chunky_Droid

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0236-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Chunky_Droid | Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

Oh...one of those guys we all love, but for some strange reason isn't actually a wide-spread household name. Gotcha.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Philip_J_Reed

Iwata stopped by the house yesterday. He said my Boo pumpkin scared the **** out of him.

I laughed, until he handed me the dry cleaning bill.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

irken004

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

I laughed, until he handed me the dry cleaning bullet bill.

Edited for humor

Stuffgamer1

This thread ate my neighbors! I tried to blame it on George Lucas, but nobody's listening to me. Now the people up the street are forming a mob to attack this website.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Flandy

whos Iwata ?

Flandy

Stuffgamer1

You did NOT just ask that... He's the PRESIDENT OF NINTENDO!

Philip_J_Reed

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

You did NOT just ask that... He's the PRESIDENT OF NINTENDO!

A few posts up you were asking who Koji Kondo was, so I wouldn't be tossing stones, Mr. Glass-Home Owner...

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

President of Nintendo vs. composer. Guy who stands at E3 and reveals another crazy accessory vs. guy who mainly works in the background. See the difference, Chicken?

grenworthshero

chunky_droid wrote:

@Stuffgamer: Koji Kondo, the musical genius behind the classic Super Mario Bros. tunes, and the classic Legend of Zelda tunes. Truly a genius

His best works are (in my opinion) Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past. But he DOES do a lot of other games for Nintendo aswell.

...I can't believe someone even asked that...I'm hurt. By "a lot of other games for Nintendo" I think you mean, the majority of their games. Seriously. He's done at least something on almost every Nintendo game since the beginning.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Stuffgamer1

Yeah, but he doesn't actually put himself in the public eye like Iwata. He's just another name in the credts, and I'm not very good at memorizing Japanese names. I'm doing good to remember Yoko Shimomura; aside from her, I've got Miyamoto, Iwata, and Itoi. That's it. It seems to me that Miyamoto and Iwata are the "must-knows" for Nintendo fans. Kondo does amazing work, sure, but it's just not a name I hear often.

EDIT: Just remembered Kojima.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

VALERHU

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Yeah, but he doesn't actually put himself in the public eye like Iwata. He's just another name in the credts, and I'm not very good at memorizing Japanese names. I'm doing good to remember Yoko Shimomura; aside from her, I've got Miyamoto, Iwata, and Itoi. That's it. It seems to me that Miyamoto and Iwata are the "must-knows" for Nintendo fans. Kondo does amazing work, sure, but it's just not a name I hear often.

EDIT: Just remembered Kojima.

Untitled

</sarcasm>

Philip_J_Reed

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

He's just another name in the credts

Ohhhhh man, Stuffy...how's the weather down in that hole you're digging?

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

@Chicken Brutus: Well, he is, technically. Tell me honestly: How many gaming events have you seen him featured at? How many gaming articles have strongly highlighted "hey, he's working on this?" How often do you HEAR his name, particularly relative to Miyamoto and Iwata? Unless your experience somehow varies EXTREMELY from my own, not all that often. Face it: He's not the household name you're making him out to be. Period.

Philip_J_Reed

Stuffman: chill a bit. People are giving you a hard time. They are teasing you. Just as you teased our friend above for not recognizing the name Iwata. (Which, in all honesty, is a name that comes up less often in conversation than Kondo whenever I've been involved in a discussion of videogaming history, but, despite your frustration about it, that's beside the point.)

It's a joke topic. Get a thicker skin, or go find more serious things to get upset about.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

@Chicken Brutus: I'm legendary for being serious about piddly little things when it comes to gaming. At least, it sure seems to come up a lot at work. I think my coworkers just aren't as into gaming in general as I am.

Kondo really comes up in discussion more than Iwata in your circles? How strange. Well, whatever. I guess you just have more gaming music fan friends than I do. I don't have ANY friends who would want to talk about the history of video game music. Losers (yes, it's an ironic insult; I don't care).

Philip_J_Reed

Iwata stopped by the house yesterday.

I wasn't there to receive him, so I don't know how long he waited. But when I came home, there were cigarette butts everywhere and some lipstick on the doorknob. He also snapped all my 360 games in half.

He might still be in there. I'm staying with my neighbors for a while.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.