General Discussion Forum

Topic: Its ladies nite on nintendo life

Showing 21 to 40 of 139

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

21. Posted:

Machu, I assume you've seen Henry Winkler as the lawyer in Arrested Development? It'll give you a whole new appreciation, I promise. :)

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

22. Posted:

Inverse polarization I'll have you know, I'm very drunk. :D

EDIT:@Chickendude: I'm on it, though have a faint memory, not sure if it's good, I'll get back to you.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stevie

23. Posted:

@Adam - The thread is titled "Its ladies nite on nintendo life"

This is good

AuthorMessage
Avatar

orlick

24. Posted:

__Stevie wrote:

@Adam - The thread is titled "Its ladies nite on nintendo life"

It IS ladies nite - I called it!

See corbie should see this knowledge I dropped, and put 2 + 2 together - lots of ladies in gaming, and game sites are the least influential game buying sources....

So - rebuild the site for the ladies! Too much group think/guy think.....you guys are marginalizing yourselves - that is the worst part game magazine and game sites cater to 15 year old boy frat-fart culture and they marginalize themselves!

Tell me this - Read the Twilight Princess Review on this site and convince me a girl would write that or generally be interested inreading it! It is like 'Popular Mrechanics' meet Twilight Princess, lets throw rocks at Nintendo, ignore everything good this game does, and magnify the 'complaints' or 'preferewnces' of a VERY smalll group of people - TP should be NEXT GEN!! (our vision of it)

Do you read me? Too much editorial, too little focus on FUN and FANTASY and the MAGIC of games!

Its a trap! Thinking like a women could open up doors for this site, sure it sounds sexist but the pont is - game editorial and game popularity are becoming polar opposites cause most game site UNDERVALUE ENTERTAINMENTin favor of TECH! Get outside and look in, not lock yourself up in a box...

Edited on by orlick

Ben Cartwright: You and your education.
Adam Cartwright: Education is progress! Now what have you got against it?
Ben Cartwright: I don't have anything against education - as long as it doesn't interfere with your thinking!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

25. Posted:

Yep he's right, we need a pink theme goin' on guys, super-seriously!

EDIT: Proper female Nintendoids will be here regardless, hats off to the few that we've got.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

orlick

26. Posted:

I make a GREAT Point though - why cant the game media catch up to the game industry?

I am not even saying to pander to women - but make it something a women might actually want to READ!

Ben Cartwright: You and your education.
Adam Cartwright: Education is progress! Now what have you got against it?
Ben Cartwright: I don't have anything against education - as long as it doesn't interfere with your thinking!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

27. Posted:

__Stevie wrote:

@Adam - The thread is titled "Its ladies nite on nintendo life"

You read very well. But I already knew that. Thanks anyway, I guess.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sushie

28. Posted:

There's at least one female on NL, and she doesn't like pink.

A Fool and his Wii Points are easily parted.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

clicketyclick

29. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

__Stevie wrote:

I'm not sure of the reason that this information would be either useful or interesting but i find it neither, someone has wasted their time.

Right, because entertaining you is his only possible goal, and failing that he has wasted his time. What a wonderful world that must be.

And you just did it again! Ahem, looks like someone needs to head to the Apology thread... ;)

__Stevie wrote:

Sorry didn't realise i wasn't entitled to my own opinion. And while we are talking about my opinion why should it matter what sex a gamer is, talking about it as a statistic implies their is a divide between female and male gamers, i assumed this hump was crossed some time time ago, apparently not

you said "hump"! **giggles**

Edited on by clicketyclick

Now Playing: Bioshock

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Vendetta

30. Posted:

You said "head." Heh-he'heh-heh....

Ex cineribus resurgo
Wii / Speak / Music: 3991 9961 5576 0184 · · · · Mario Kart Wii: 3609 8999 1445· · · · · · · ·Alien Crush: 1934 4006 9660
The Conduit: 2622 0458 3119· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Water Warfare: 4726 5832 1608· · · · · · · Onslaught: 0388 6842 8268

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

31. Posted:

Well...just because there are a lot of female gamers doesn't necessarily mean most of them are as deeply into the pasttime as most male gamers (just generalizing here...and I have absolutely NOTHING against those who are...in fact, that's my favorite kind of lady!). Game websites tend to be full of guys with a few girls. X-files websites tend to be full of girls with a few guys. Why? Hard to say. I guess it boils down to what holds a stronger interest to whom.

You can't say we're past the difficultly accepting female core gamers...just ask my coworker, Lori. SHE'LL tell you the kind of idiotic questions she gets...when she's not being completely ignored in favor of a male coworker who is assumed to actually know his stuff.

Anyway, there aren't enough ladies likely to want to be on a gaming site PERIOD for it to be worth changing the site to accomodate them. Keep it the way it is, and the few ladies we DO have will just have to be enough.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

odd69

32. Posted:

May i add something?

I think we need more Female gamers who play FPS's. Now that is a genre that needs a woman's touch....badly. The other day i was pwning noobs on Unreal tournament and heard a female voice. She was cursing at the retard from texas who was getting on everyone's nerves. It was great.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
http://oddsreviewsandthoughts.blogspot.com/
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

AuthorMessage
Avatar

clicketyclick

33. Posted:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Game websites tend to be full of guys with a few girls. X-files websites tend to be full of girls with a few guys. Why? Hard to say. I guess it boils down to what holds a stronger interest to whom.

I think it's got to do with an atmosphere on many gaming websites that caters to horny males and forums that allow sexism and soft-core pr0n free reign. It just makes an environment that's unwelcoming to many women and makes them feel like "this place is not for you and this hobby is not for you."

Now Playing: Bioshock

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

34. Posted:

X-Files websites are full of girls with few guys? I like the X-Files. I need to find one of these forums. I feel like the ladies need to know what they're missing.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

35. Posted:

@clicketyclick: But that problem doesn't exist around NLife, it seems. You don't seem to have a problem with this site, anyway. Of course, most gaming sites are worse about it (Games Radar has a "straight to the sexy" button on the home page, for crying out loud!), so your point stands. Maybe NLife doesn't have too many girls because most of them assume we're as bad as any other gaming site?

@Adam: That's what my X-files fangirl friend says, anyway. I wouldn't know because I spend too much time on NLife to check out any of her sites, even though I am also now a fan of the Files. Which makes my point, in a way.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LinktotheFuture

36. Posted:

Just like Ladies night at your favorite bar, there aren't many women to be found.

Edited on by LinktotheFuture

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

37. Posted:

LinktotheFuture wrote:

Just like Ladies night at your favorite bar, there aren't many women to be found.

And Adam is wearing makeup and hoping someone will accidentally buy him a drink.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

clicketyclick

38. Posted:

@Stuffy - probably. It's not as well known as other, bigger sites that do have a problem with that. And of course a lot of Wii owners and casual gamers don't know about gaming sites at all. But those who get games like Animal Crossing and MK and go online to find other people to play with don't get a very good first impression. I've seen it myself a number of times: female newbies who come to a site to find people to play with get disgusted or uncomfortable and leave the site because of the things the male users say on the boards.

Now Playing: Bioshock

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

39. Posted:

Nah, I was going to put on make-up, but it didn't look good with the beard. Hopefully the skirt will be convincing enough.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

orlick

40. Posted:

clicketyclick wrote:

@Stuffy - probably. It's not as well known as other, bigger sites that do have a problem with that. And of course a lot of Wii owners and casual gamers don't know about gaming sites at all. But those who get games like Animal Crossing and MK and go online to find other people to play with don't get a very good first impression. I've seen it myself a number of times: female newbies who come to a site to find people to play with get disgusted or uncomfortable and leave the site because of the things the male users say on the boards.

I never thought I would say this to clickity - but quoted for truth!

Here is the bottom line - EVERY review, news story whatever - the author at Nintendo Life should read it and ask his/her self - "Is this something my mother would read and enjoy - if she were not my mother?"

Someone needs to make the first step Nintendolife - this could be huuuuuuge. Look at how pathetic game magazines are in style and content - don't be that guy!

Ben Cartwright: You and your education.
Adam Cartwright: Education is progress! Now what have you got against it?
Ben Cartwright: I don't have anything against education - as long as it doesn't interfere with your thinking!

Sorry, this topic has been locked.