Forums

Topic: Is Earthbound worth buying at a price of over 200-250 dollars?

Posts 1 to 18 of 18

DRKtothemax

I really want to get this game, is it worth the 200-250 price tag?

Comes with the case, the strategy guide not just the cartridge

DRKtothemax

RJay

Water Warfare 3481-0499-8502
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2535-5527-9255

y2josh

In my book no game is worth that in cartridge form. I've never played Earthbound though

y2josh

retired_account

Oh my God. No. Don't get me wrong - I love the game. But SERIOUSLY?!

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

AlexSays

If the game came out on the virtual console for eight bucks, I wouldn't buy it.

No way I'd pay that crazy amount you're talkin' about.

AlexSays

Corbs

If it's worth that much to you, then grab it. But if you're not even sure about the game itself, it might be better to pick up a loose cart and try it first. The resale value on Earthbound is solid, so you can get about what you pay for it on ebay if you don't like it.

Plain old gamer :)

DRKtothemax

that was my plan

i would lose or gain about 50 dolars but i wouldent mind doing so

DRKtothemax

Cryptonic

Well it is rare now...

Wii :6638 - 2205 - 3294 - 3850
SSBB: 4812 - 5583 - 8961
3DS: 4038 - 6000 - 1698
"Tiger Man was wise"

Noire

I don't think any game would be justified at that price.

Okay, maybe a few. But not many!

And I'm thinking that this one is not one of those few.

Edited on by Noire

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

The_Fox

Hell no. Not even close to worth it.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Adam

In my book, it was the best game ever created until its sequel.

And no, it's not worth $200.

If Nintendo doesn't want to make the game available to you, I see no reason to pay inordinate amounts of cash to people just looking to rip you off. Emulate that sucker. It's a wonderful game that deserves to be tried, but no game is worth that money.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

theblackdragon

weirdadam wrote:

If Nintendo doesn't want to make the game available to you, I see no reason to pay inordinate amounts of cash to people just looking to rip you off. Emulate that sucker. It's a wonderful game that deserves to be tried, but no game is worth that money.

exactly. all you'd be doing by paying that much is supporting the resale market, not the publishers or Nintendo. just emulate it.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

LuigiandYoshifan

No way! That is WAAAAY too much!

I love Nintendo! They Rule!
Brawl FC:3266-1205-1402 Name:CEJ
MKW FC:2793-3959-6296 Name:Charlie
My favorite NFL Team is the Indianapolis Colts!

calculon

If you're a collector then I agree with Corbie. The money shouldn't be an issue and like he says, you can always put it back on eBay if you don't like it.

If you're just after the game to see what it plays like then I'd say 'maybe', erring towards a 'yes' - but do you really feel comfortable dropping $50 on something you find you didn't like? Then again, I traded in some classic games for The Simpsons game (Wii) at full retail price which was a total mistake and it wasn't my first either

The reason I say yes here is maybe you'll get lucky and make a few bucks - I tend to purchase stuff really cheap on eBay and then trade in a HMV simply because their trade-in values are about 40% better than Game/Gamestation in the UK (for 3 Wii games and GTA:Chinatown Wars I was offered £36 and £52 respectively from Game and HMV)

Edited on by calculon

First you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the women.

Golgo

If you're willing to deal with the language barrier you can get the GBA ports of Mother 1 & 2 combined for about $35.
www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-67-49-en-15-mother-70-16oc.html

aka AbusedDog...
Wii Friend Code/Console Number: 5187 2674 6845 1702
WarioWare DIY (DS) Friend Code: 1463 0244 5199
PSN ID: Abused_Dog

J_Bitties

Now I am a collector. I buy cartridge over virtual console all the time. I just like to play the game, as a collector, on the original system rather than the Wii. Anyways, I have two takes on this. First, I couldn't stand the game and I don't think it's worth the plastic it was made with so if your intention is to purchase to play it then it's way too much. Now, if you want to purchase it as an investment? Then I say go ahead. The value is only going to go up with time and if it ever sees a VC release (it won't, lets stop that talk) the price will only go up because collectors will want to get their hands on that cartridge form.

Anyways, I don't advocate this for the most part, but if you're thinking about dropping that much to play it then just emulate it to see if you like it. I mean, no one should really be paying to play it anyways...just not that good in my opinion.

J_Bitties

DRKtothemax

I tried playing the rom but it sucks, i cant stand sitting and staring at my laptop screen without a controller to play it with. I already got it so theres no point in questioning myself anymore (i did hate myself for a couple of minutes) But I sold some old cds, lps and dvds that i never really watched or cared about so i really only ended up paying around 130 for it. Considering that my plan as to buy it, play it, keep it in good condition with the thought of maybe reselling it in the future for plus/minus 50 bucks is no big deal. The cartridge alone sells for 80-100 bucks and I got the game, the guide and the box.

plus there is nothing better than owning something, I know that sounds stupid but I still buy cds and dvds and never download anything online.

Edited on by DRKtothemax

DRKtothemax

Odnetnin

DRKtothemax wrote:

I tried playing the rom but it sucks, i cant stand sitting and staring at my laptop screen without a controller to play it with. I already got it so theres no point in questioning myself anymore (i did hate myself for a couple of minutes) But I sold some old cds, lps and dvds that i never really watched or cared about so i really only ended up paying around 130 for it. Considering that my plan as to buy it, play it, keep it in good condition with the thought of maybe reselling it in the future for plus/minus 50 bucks is no big deal. The cartridge alone sells for 80-100 bucks and I got the game, the guide and the box.

plus there is nothing better than owning something, I know that sounds stupid but I still buy cds and dvds and never download anything online.

A.k.a. end of topic...

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.