Forums

Topic: Internet Explorer or Firefox?

Posts 21 to 40 of 43

Mabbit

irken004 wrote:

Adam016 wrote:

Firefox is the best.
Why? It has add-ons that make it perfect.
Examples - WOT and Download Manager.

What is WOT?

WOT is basically a firewall preventing you from going anywhere that users have said have bad quailities in terms of safety.

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

irken004

briunj04 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Adam016 wrote:

Firefox is the best.
Why? It has add-ons that make it perfect.
Examples - WOT and Download Manager.

What is WOT?

WOT is basically a firewall preventing you from going anywhere that users have said have bad quailities in terms of safety.

Oh cool, I have Adblockplus on so I may add that with it.

Mabbit

irken004 wrote:

briunj04 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Adam016 wrote:

Firefox is the best.
Why? It has add-ons that make it perfect.
Examples - WOT and Download Manager.

What is WOT?

WOT is basically a firewall preventing you from going anywhere that users have said have bad quailities in terms of safety.

Oh cool, I have Adblockplus on so I may add that with it.

i would advise against it. it blocks you from half the sites on the web and theres not way to get past it.
(it even blocks you from places like failblog, FML, and obscure sites that havent been graded yet [such as pretty much all webcomics])

Edited on by Mabbit

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

irken004

briunj04 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

briunj04 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Adam016 wrote:

Firefox is the best.
Why? It has add-ons that make it perfect.
Examples - WOT and Download Manager.

What is WOT?

WOT is basically a firewall preventing you from going anywhere that users have said have bad quailities in terms of safety.

Oh cool, I have Adblockplus on so I may add that with it.

i would advise against it. it blocks you from half the sites on the web and theres not way to get past it.

...Nevermind then lol

lunchmeats101

Internet explorer is slow and laggy, and is just garbage. Firefox is better by FAR.

3DS FC: 1118-0222-5055

vio

Why anyone continues to use IE is beyond me. Typical shoddy MS software. Firefox is blazing fast in comparison. Once you go FF, you never go back.

Mario Kart 8 VR: 21,000+
Splatoon: Level 50, Rank A-
Nintendo Network ID: vio361

y2josh

I've recently switched to Google Chrome and I like it a lot

y2josh

grenworthshero

IE, DEFINITELY. I don't see the appeal of Firefox. Everyone thinks it's "OMGSOKEWL," but I've tried Opera, Chrome, Firefox, and IE, and Firefox is on the bottom. I use Opera, just because I like the way it feels, but I used Chrome for a long time, until I realized it just didn't load pages for no reason a lot.

vio wrote:

Why anyone continues to use IE is beyond me. Typical shoddy MS software. Firefox is blazing fast in comparison. Once you go FF, you never go back.

HAHA! That's definitely not true. I tried Firefox because of all the fanboys, and after using it for about a month I went back, and I was so relieved to be using IE again.

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
***
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

CanisWolfred

I prefer Internet Explorer. They actually give you everything you need instead of making you get a bunch of useless apps. Plus it has a better interface. I have Firefox, too, but I only use it as an absolute last resort.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

John_1029 wrote:

I really hope the Code-Name NX is not a sandwich oven.

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

irken004

Mickeymac wrote:

I prefer Internet Explorer. They actually give you everything you need instead of making you get a bunch of useless apps. Plus it has a better interface. I have Firefox, too, but I only use it as an absolute last resort.

Strange, Firefox never "made" me get the apps.

Link-Hero

Like I said in the last thread, its Internet Explorer 8. I've tried Firefox, Google Crome, and Safari, but they dont seem to be any better then IE. Also, I've used IE for most of my computer usage life, so I'm just more use to it then the other providers.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

CanisWolfred

irken004 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

I prefer Internet Explorer. They actually give you everything you need instead of making you get a bunch of useless apps. Plus it has a better interface. I have Firefox, too, but I only use it as an absolute last resort.

Strange, Firefox never "made" me get the apps.

If I don't get the apps, then I have no options whatsoever. If I want to have any helpful features, then I have to get the apps, which I have no idea where I'm supposed to get them in the first place! Firefox gave me a link to a site, but everything there was complete rubbish, a bunch of stuff I'd never use in a million years. I really don't want to go around looking for them and having to add them all individually anyways.

At least IE just gives you everything right from the start. Everything I want to use is already there, and if there's stuff I don't want to use, I simply don't use it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

John_1029 wrote:

I really hope the Code-Name NX is not a sandwich oven.

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

clicketyclick

Take the Acid2 and Acid3 test to see if your browser is up to current internet standards and is fully functional.

I took it with my Safari browser and got perfect image renderings for both Acid2 and Acid3. I took the test with Firefox and got a perfect image for Acid2 but an imperfect (93/100) for Acid3. I'd be curious to see what the images look like for IE!

Now Playing: Bioshock

malpon

I use IE, I tried the Acid2 and Acid3 tests, Acid2 was unrecognizable and I scored 12 on Acid3.

Edited on by malpon

This lesbian bar doesent have a fire exit!

Roopa132

I scored 93 on acid 3.... did anybody score 100?

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

clicketyclick

Yup, I scored 100. Safari browser.

LOL mal! hahah is it the latest version of IE you're using? You may consider switching...!

Now Playing: Bioshock

malpon

Does my inferior software amuse you?
I think it is, i'v never had any problems with it but those tests sure seem to think somethings wrong.

This lesbian bar doesent have a fire exit!

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic