Forums

Topic: Interesting Facts About Yourself

Posts 341 to 360 of 520

Pianist88

I strictly listen to "classical" music. (It's kind of a loaded term...) In addition, I am virtually disconnected from nearly all pop-culture related to music/tv/movies. People are constantly impressed by how well I manage to avoid knowing present day musicians, actors, etc.

If you like piano and/or organ music:
https://youtu.be/9k8r2bSpcWE

World

@Pianist88 Heh, this is something I respect in people too! (And not just because then I don't have to feel like an alien). What kind of "classical" music do you like? Personally, I like composers from the English Renaissance (which I guess is more baroque?) because of all the intrigue and also I guess I like opera although these days I mostly listen to accessible opera that I could conceivably show people because I hate liking music alone (e.g., Purcell).

World

Pianist88

@World I actually played harpsichord in the pit for Dido and Aeneas and La Serva Padrona about a year ago, both very fun productions! It's hard for me to pick a single favorite composer, but my top ten would definitely be dominated by late romantics (Brahms can bring me to tears...). It can definitely be lonely to enjoy classical music for reasons other than academic necessity...heck, some of my music professors think I'm a little strange!

If you like piano and/or organ music:
https://youtu.be/9k8r2bSpcWE

World

@Pianist88 Oh, nice! But I can only truthfully say that about Dido and Aeneas, as I don't know the other one unfortunately.

Yeah, choosing a "favorite" composer is like choosing a "favorite" anything: im-poss-ible. For me, I just keep coming back to the English Renaissance because I also like a lot of authors from that time, and some of their work has been set by those composers. So it's this great intersection. (On that topic, I'm on the English Lit side, not Music, and I sometimes have been labelled as the resident freak for my interests too! It seems to me like most profs are like anyone else; they just want to do their job and then go home and watch TV-you're weird if you love your topic so much that it takes over your life).

Can't hate Brahms. Aside from being one of the Greats, there's something to be said for being a "gateway" composer who makes accessible music that can pull in non-classical fans.

World

KaiserGX

Mickey wrote:

Words

Don't worry that happened to me a couple weeks ago too... I haven't had any luck either recently. Just gotta wait... though I at least you said something. Not trying to give any false hope but she might consider what you said earlier. If not... well there's more people. Nothing bad happened right? You didn't burst into flames or anything. Better now then later at least. Or that you know for sure nothing's there atm.

Austroid wrote:

Mickey wrote:

Alright. What makes Batman any different? What makes him [Batman] the "dark" super hero and Superman the boy scout? Please, enlighten me. Oh, and another thing: "this different take on him just makes the character more fresh and believable as a superhero." What's different?

Batman does things his own way, while Superman does things the right way, if that makes sense. Batman hides in the shadows while Superman is out in the open where the public can see and thank him. Watch The Dark Knight Returns Part 2; that shows their definite, contrasting characteristics when around each other.

Man of Steel is showing Superman grow up and not take up the superhero mantle quite as fast as other incarnations. We see his struggle living with these powers he doesn't really know about, and at the same time he wants to use them to help people; as seen in the trailers when he's a boy. Even as an adult he doesn't know what to use them for so I'm assuming he goes away, trying to find himself. From what we see of him as Superman, he's not walking around, taking pictures with the kiddies.

But we really should just wait until MoS comes out.

You should watch/read All Star Superman. Or Red Son. Believe it or not Superman is the most human of the Justice League. Even Batman said it himself once. In some ways, Batman is hardly human himself.

WildTwinVikings wrote:

For the most part, I despise anime. There are a few exceptions (Pokémom), but overall I just find it annoying..

Same, but there's a couple a like. They are mostly really old though, or girly. But the selection is few.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Mickey

@KaiserGX Okay, first:

You should watch/read All Star Superman. Or Red Son. Believe it or not Superman is the most human of the Justice League. Even Batman said it himself once.

I love you. Second:

Don't worry that happened to me a couple weeks ago too... I haven't had any luck either recently. Just gotta wait... though I at least you said something. Not trying to give any false hope but she might consider what you said earlier. If not... well there's more people. Nothing bad happened right? You didn't burst into flames or anything. Better now then later at least. Or that you know for sure nothing's there atm.

I don't think you quite understand. She didn't say anything, I didn't say anything, I haven't said anything and I won't say anything to her anytime soon. I lied to you guys. And fyi: I always knew it would never work, which is why I spent all those disappointment of the day posts moping about it. There's your sad ending, now let's forget about this.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

DawnOverALilly

I once watched a entire Anime because I saw A girl with the same hair Style as Miku Hatsune, she was in it for 5 seconds and it only showed her back.

Flandre- "I've been in the basement. For about 495 years."
Marisa- "That's sweet, I only get weekends off."
_
Marisa- It's so hot, I'm gonna die here.
Reimu- If you die, I'll feed your corpse to the birds.
Remilia- My, it'd be fine if you'd let me take care of tha...

HankLangley

I am a fifth columnist who wants to eat every last glazd donut that ever exists

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

DawnOverALilly

I REALLY don't like my little pony. But the fan base is one of the most devoted I think it is even right behind Touhou.

Edited on by DawnOverALilly

_

Marks

DawnOverALilly wrote:

I once watched an entire anime because I saw a girl with the same hair style as Miku Hatsune, she was in it for 5 seconds and it only showed her back.

Baka and Test, right? It's a really funny anime though, totally worth the time to watch it.

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
I'm not really active here anymore. So it goes.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

DawnOverALilly

Marks wrote:

DawnOverALilly wrote:

I once watched an entire anime because I saw a girl with the same hair style as Miku Hatsune, she was in it for 5 seconds and it only showed her back.

Baka and Test, right? It's a really funny anime though, totally worth the time to watch it.

That's the one! It was actually good lol.

_

Mickey

I'm not myself when I'm in water. I say that because yesterday, me and my family went out to the neighbors pool and they [family] were teaching me how to swim....... are you done laughing? Okay. So when they were teaching me how to swim (...) I kept getting scared and backing out. But the absolute WORST was when my family was gonna practice baptizing us kids (well, three of us, that is. We're getting baptized tomorrow.) and when it was my turn I kept stopping them from doing it and was like "NO NO, I'M NOT READY!" Eventually I had to be forced through it. I'm usually very mellow but I guess I'm just different underwater. I hope my baptism tomorrow goes better than that. To those that share my religious beliefs, please pray for me.

The Mousekeloggery

Jaz007

@Mickey Mind if I ask what church you're getting baptised into?

Jaz007

Mickey

@Jaz007 I don't mind at all. You're my friend, my business is your business. It's Barfield Baptist Church.

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

Volmortanto

I can turn both of my legs 180 degrees backwards

3ds friend code 5129 0670 7184

Jani-Koblaney

@Mickey You can't swim? I find that odd, almost everyone in my area knows how to.. BTW You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.