Forums

Topic: Interesting Facts About Yourself

Posts 281 to 300 of 520

PanicPuppet

CanisWolfred wrote:

That's a completely different question unrelated to what we've been talking about. And honestly, I think that's more your problem than anyone else's. There are a lot of things to like about him - he's smart, witty, good with the ladies, and his heart is in the right place, even if his actions don't always reflect that. He doesn't pretend to be noble, and knows he's only human inside his super human suit. I could go on, but I don't think I've read the comics enough to justify it. If you still can't find anything to like about him, even after all that, well...that's one man's opinion.

I know I'm not the only one who thinks that about him.

Maybe its simply because, in a nutshell, he's Marvel's Bruce Wayne, except with an Iron suit. Batman's my favorite superhero so obviously you know where I'm going; he's also smart, noble, and fairly good with the ladies; but he uses his suit for more than a powerhouse of gadgets, its also a symbol to strike fear into criminals (makes him "more than just a man" if you will.) He doesn't have superpowers or a super suit to rely on, just his skills and intelligence. Plus he keeps his identity SECRET; that's one of my biggest peeves with Iron Man.

Maybe the comic Iron Man is more tolerable than the way he's shown in the movies, but everything I've heard about RDJ is that he does IM exactly right. I just don't like a superhero who will just shut up and be serious at least when the time calls for it, that ruins any potential drama or suspense.

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

Mickey

So I only recently discovered I'm a snorer. Mostly because my family members (minus my dad because he TELLS me things) were to busy LAUGHING instead of telling me when I wake up.

@Austroid "Before Man of Steel was revealed, I never liked Superman; he was basically a boy scout with superpowers. But this different take on him just makes the character more fresh and believable as a superhero." Alright. What makes Batman any different? What makes him [Batman] the "dark" super hero and Superman the boy scout? Please, enlighten me. Oh, and another thing: "this different take on him just makes the character more fresh and believable as a superhero." What's different?

PS: One reply will do nicely. If you wanna have a full-blown discussion about it, we can take it to the Everything DC thread.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Arianabtd

I fangirl 24/7.
...I'm pretty sure I also do it while I'm sleeping when I dream about K-Pop idols.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

TwoSmoove

1. I can whistle with my tongue.
2. I remember all 649 and can recognize them visually, by pokedex description, or their cry.
3. I'm left-handed, but use my right hand for most activites.

Pokémon White FC: 4040-6273-3748 (Jett)
Pokémon White 2 FC: 5072-1747-6802 (Justin)
Pokemon X - Grass Safari (Quilladin, Pansage, Swadloon)

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8322-7748 | Nintendo Network ID: TwoSmoove

PanicPuppet

Mickey wrote:

Alright. What makes Batman any different? What makes him [Batman] the "dark" super hero and Superman the boy scout? Please, enlighten me. Oh, and another thing: "this different take on him just makes the character more fresh and believable as a superhero." What's different?

Batman does things his own way, while Superman does things the right way, if that makes sense. Batman hides in the shadows while Superman is out in the open where the public can see and thank him. Watch The Dark Knight Returns Part 2; that shows their definite, contrasting characteristics when around each other.

Man of Steel is showing Superman grow up and not take up the superhero mantle quite as fast as other incarnations. We see his struggle living with these powers he doesn't really know about, and at the same time he wants to use them to help people; as seen in the trailers when he's a boy. Even as an adult he doesn't know what to use them for so I'm assuming he goes away, trying to find himself. From what we see of him as Superman, he's not walking around, taking pictures with the kiddies.

But we really should just wait until MoS comes out.

PanicPuppet

TwoSmoove

@Ark_Sin
Yep, been hooked since Blue. No problem. First, you gotta catch em all (easier if you have the gba versions; I grew up with a friends who always got the opposite version). This helps to make them more familiar as opposed to just looking them up. Next, when you take a break in game, skim through their dex descriptions. Lastly, if you have spinoffs, play those as they help with cries. At least Pokemon Ranger did for me.

Nice profile pic by the way. Lucario is my favorite 4th gen Pokémon.

Pokémon White FC: 4040-6273-3748 (Jett)
Pokémon White 2 FC: 5072-1747-6802 (Justin)
Pokemon X - Grass Safari (Quilladin, Pansage, Swadloon)

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8322-7748 | Nintendo Network ID: TwoSmoove

Jani-Koblaney

-I can tough the tip (or whatever it's called, just not the bottom) of my nose with my tongue
-I made it to my state's geography bee in 8th grade. I answered 7/8 questions correctly, but that one incorrect one kept me from going further.
-I hate fish (or seafood). It's one of the nastiest foods ever!

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Happy_Mask

I know basic American Sign Language.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Lan

I'm a tenor

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Ketchupcat

My intellect has become a burden. I now have 3 final exams on the same day. And 2 of them are at the exact same time!

Edited on by Ketchupcat

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

FireMario887

I've been typing my own superhero story series. I'm gonna wait for a few to several years to publish it. I send emails to my mom and dad that have portions of the story in it. The story is called Earth's Protectors.

FireMario887

DreamyViridi

I made a full fan-fiction story of sorts in my head when I was 13 or 14, but I never wrote it down anywhere. It involved a growing relationship with Luigi and Zelda in the Smash Universe. I still remember how the whole story plays out.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Yellowgerbil

Fan-fiction seems to be getting around a lot today huh, I am currently writing a Pokemon series which I have not published yet. Also I cannot stop buying Nintendo games when they come out, day one buy for every game.

I am an avid monster hunter player that started quite recently on Ultimate, (Blue Rath Armor currently) the gameplay just keeps me coming back for more!
Currently playing;
Super Mario 3D World
Wind Waker HD
Pokemon X
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0142-5860 | Nintendo Network ID: Paddingt0n

Snagrio

I used to write quite a few Smash Bros. FanFictions about a year ago. But it was just a little detour to see if writing was my thing. It kinda was, but I just don't have the right attention span to sit down and think of what to write.

I must have written about 14 stories, half of them oneshots and the rest being unfinished multichapters. There is one exception though, and it was my favorite story that I wrote. It's a Kid Icarus X Pikmin crossover (but it is in the Smash Bros. archive) where after the events of Uprising, Pit accidently gets sucked into a black hole, sent through time, and lands in the future during the early events of Pikmin 2, where he eventually meets up the Olimar and Louie. It's called Cut Down to Size if you're interested in reading it.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Hysterical

I have a dog and a cat. The cat goes meow while the dog goes ruff.

Hysterical

Fikachu

I'm an Egyptian born in Washington D.C.

My mom moved from Egypt to the USA in 1969

My dad moved from Egypt to the USA in 1964

Edited on by Fikachu

[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/url]

Ketchupcat

Hysterical wrote:

I have a dog and a cat. The cat goes meow while the dog goes ruff.

Well I have a dog and a parakeet! The bird goes cheep but the dog goes ruff... I thought I was special for a second there
But the bird's name is Mike Bloombird.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

Mickey

1. I'm more qualified to be the producer of Man Of Steel than Deborah Snyder

2. I have a really low "serious" voice.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Jaz007

I'm told I often have a kind of creepy evil laugh. This is something I like.

Jaz007

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.