Forums

Topic: Interesting Facts About Yourself

Posts 261 to 280 of 520

Midnight3DS

I'm a millionaire, and I own a mansion and a yacht.

I play lots of boardgames, paint miniatures, compose music, and voice act occasionally.

One of these sentences is true.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

CanisWolfred

Austroid wrote:

Marks wrote:

Robert plays his role perfectly as Iron Man.
What you probably mean is that you don't like Iron Man's characterization. In that sense, you're not alone. I totally agree with you.

Alright then I'll rephrase my post: Iron Man is a cruddy superhero.

IMO who wants to read a comic or watch a film with an as unlikable protagonist as Iron Man is?

metal_sonic wrote:

I'd rather have a @$$hole over a goody-goody..

Really? So you'd prefer someone who puts people down for his own self-enjoyment as a role model? I heard he does alot of tasteless "zingers" to his token-kid-sidekick in IM3 about his father... after he died.

Not every superhero has to be a role-model. IMO, Stark is a much more believeable and interesting character than most other Super heroes simply because of his character flaws.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mickey

I've recently discovered I have a social person impression. I lower my voice pitch, be the one to start the conversation and just go with it as if I were a different, more social person. I hope I can keep it up for tonight...

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

DreamyViridi

For some reason, I just can't do presentations the way I want them to. I could have the speech engraved in my head days ahead of time and I would still stutter every 3 words...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Snagrio

When someone asks me to grab something too high up for they themselves to reach, I tend to do so in a slow, dramatic fashion. I'm not entirely sure why, but I think it stems from people always going on about how tall I am, so maybe I'm making a silent statement about the fact without fully realizing it.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Mickey

I can raise a single eyebrow like Sean Connery. There's probably a lot of you that can do that, I just thought I'd let you guys know...

WingedFish wrote:

people always going on about how tall I am,

Same. Here's to being giants!

The Mousekeloggery

Jaz007

That reminds me. I can raise either of my eyebrows separately. I can also raise one and then lower it while raising other eyebrow in rapid succession. I can raise them pretty high too.

Jaz007

Mickey

Thanks @Jaz007! I can always count on you to devalue whatever I'm good at!

PS: don't take this comment too seriously please! I was only kidding you!

The Mousekeloggery

AccessibleDaydream

Mickey wrote:

I can raise a single eyebrow like Sean Connery. There's probably a lot of you that can do that, I just thought I'd let you guys know...

I can not do that.

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Jaz007 wrote:

That reminds me. I can raise either of my eyebrows separately. I can also raise one and then lower it while raising other eyebrow in rapid succession. I can raise them pretty high too.

I used to be really good at doing that. It's kinda hard now, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I used to be really good at doing that. It's kinda hard now, though.

You guys are like The Rock!

Magikarp3

Realised this today: I enjoy the snap sound made by the turn signal indicator. So whenever I make a turn or switch lanes, I kinda look forward to hearing the snap. Plus this way, I rarely forget to indicate

Yeah, that seems a lot stranger now that I think about it.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

FOREST_RANGER

Two days ago, I just found out my maternal uncle was a brief actor in 1969 film Once Upon a Time in the West

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

k8sMum

CanisWolfred wrote:

Austroid wrote:

Marks wrote:

Robert plays his role perfectly as Iron Man.
What you probably mean is that you don't like Iron Man's characterization. In that sense, you're not alone. I totally agree with you.

Alright then I'll rephrase my post: Iron Man is a cruddy superhero.

IMO who wants to read a comic or watch a film with an as unlikable protagonist as Iron Man is?

metal_sonic wrote:

I'd rather have a @$$hole over a goody-goody..

Really? So you'd prefer someone who puts people down for his own self-enjoyment as a role model? I heard he does alot of tasteless "zingers" to his token-kid-sidekick in IM3 about his father... after he died.

Not every superhero has to be a role-model. IMO, Stark is a much more believeable and interesting character than most other Super heroes simply because of his character flaws.

that's why i was always a batman girl rather than superman. it's that 'bad boy thing'...

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

PanicPuppet

CanisWolfred wrote:

If I can't find any reason to like the character at all. Why should I care what happens to him?

Before Man of Steel was revealed, I never liked Superman; he was basically a boy scout with superpowers. But this different take on him just makes the character more fresh and believable as a superhero.

PanicPuppet

CanisWolfred

Austroid wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

If I can't find any reason to like the character at all. Why should I care what happens to him?

That's a completely different question unrelated to what we've been talking about. And honestly, I think that's more your problem than anyone else's. There are a lot of things to like about him - he's smart, witty, good with the ladies, and his heart is in the right place, even if his actions don't always reflect that. He doesn't pretend to be noble, and knows he's only human inside his super human suit. I could go on, but I don't think I've read the comics enough to justify it. If you still can't find anything to like about him, even after all that, well...that's one man's opinion.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Snagrio

When I was a newborn, I inhaled some of my own waste fluids and become very, very sick. In fact, the doctors said I had practically no chance of living. But by what only could have been God's grace, I survived. So I guess you can say I am a miracle child.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

ADaviii

I enjoy Modern Family and want to watch this upcoming show called "Motive". I also love Apple and Google and would love to one day be a part of a commercial.

I also just discovered my style of clothing is in dress shirts and such rather than polo shirts and T-shirts. Just discovered this a few weeks ago after 22 years on this earth.

Be kind to yourself and to others.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.