Forums

Topic: In less than 3 years..... (For Xbox360 Gamers)

Posts 1 to 20 of 23

Glaceon

The Xbox360 online service will be discontinued.... DX I think they're setting they're sights up for the Xbox One online service now... This is a really disappointing fact for me, and probably for all you Xbox360 gamers too, unless you buy the Xbox One...

Yep, its true...... or is there something I have to know?

Glaceon

Switch Friend Code: SW-3693-7598-0200 | 3DS Friend Code: 1864-9726-9600 | Twitter:

Yoshi

Known this for months now....

My only request is for Minecraft to have LAN support before Xbox Live goes dark.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Eel

That's odd, considering that the gamers basically maintain by paying expensive fees to use it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Super_Gravy

Can we still buy games for Xbox 360?

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

RancidVomit86

Moorpheel wrote:

That's odd, considering that the gamers basically maintain by paying expensive fees to use it.

If you think it is expensive you chose the wrong hobby.

Anyway, this is not a surprise. It had to happen eventually.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Super_Gravy

@RancidVomit86: I think he is wondering where the money goes since he thought it is meant to be keep the server running. But again this is for three years and not forever so I assuming those money will be for Xbox One services.

Super_Gravy

@CanisWolfred: I guess I misunderstood the topic post.

Glaceon wrote:

The Xbox360 online service will be discontinued.... DX I think they're setting they're sights up for the Xbox One online service now... This is a really disappointing fact for me, and probably for all you Xbox360 gamers too, unless you buy the Xbox One...

Yep, its true...... or is there something I have to know?

HawkeyeWii

Wow I can't believe that!? What about the millions of people that play COD every day still??
Will you at least be able to play them online on the One?

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

RancidVomit86

Super_Gravy wrote:

@RancidVomit86: I think he is wondering where the money goes since he thought it is meant to be keep the server running. But again this is for three years and not forever so I assuming those money will be for Xbox One services.

But did anyone think the service would be up forever just because people paying a reasonable yearly fee? Eventually Microsoft and consumers will move on from 360. Inevitable part of any console. That's the reason they have a lifespan.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Eel

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Moorpheel wrote:

If you think it is expensive you chose the wrong hobby.

Anyway, this is not a surprise. It had to happen eventually.

Honestly, I consider "expensive" any system that charges me to use services I'm already paying for.
Then there's the fact that the last time I tried to play with mine, it wanted me to buy again most of my downloaded games... After asking me like three email accounts, addresses and phone numbers. So I'm probably kinda mad at the thing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Super_Gravy

@RancidVomit86: I agreed with you but so many MMO especially World of Warcraft just make an server update and doesn't need to move yet. I think he is thinking more of keeping server forever like most MMO games and online store services instead of thinking of switching console or product for services.

RancidVomit86

Still just amazes me this is surprising to some people. I would also like a source for this as I can't find one. Games for Windows Live is shutting down but that's a totally different scenario.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

Tasuki

That article is about supporting the 360 system itself basically new games and such not the Online services. I knew that they were predicting only about 3 more years anyway. You might want to change your thread title since it's a bit misleading.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Glaceon

I don't think they're stopping the shop, but they're stopping the online multiplayer for sure...

Glaceon

Switch Friend Code: SW-3693-7598-0200 | 3DS Friend Code: 1864-9726-9600 | Twitter:

8BitSamurai

They're ending 360 support for games in 3 years, but that doesn't really encompass Xbox Live support necessarily. The original Xbox support was pretty much over by 2007, maybe even 2006, but the Live servers were up until 2010.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Glaceon

@Tasuki, what do you suppose I change it to?

Glaceon

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.