General Discussion Forum

Topic: I'm writing a CGI Mario movie for Disney

Showing 101 to 120 of 285

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

101. Posted:

Can you put my name in the credits?

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

102. Posted:

@Bronies4ever Now you seem narcissistic. Believing that a MARIO movie that loosely follows the canon can win 7 oscars is ludicrous. Get your head out of the clouds, and stick it in something productive, like a copy of Screenwriting for Dummies.

Edited on by Inazuma_Pikpik

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining puns out there.
I'm so punny I should be sent to the state punitentiary.

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

Bronies4ever

103. Posted:

jamiljamtheman wrote:

Somehow I find this a load of BS or trolling. Your username is "Bronies4ever" and you joined Nintendolife 1 day ago, according to your profile. On top of that, the way you respond to things does not sound professional enough to warrant my believing you were hired to write this(unless you mean you just had this wild idea and want to mail it to Disney). I could be wrong, but I'm stating my skepticism.
Also, a couple of things if this were to actually happen: 1) Making Mario a dark and serious movie is the stupidest idea ever. From what I gather, it sounds like you want to make a CG movie close to the games in visuals but have it all dark and Nolan-y. I hate that idea. Mario is the exact opposite of complex and dark stories; the simplicity and lighthearted fun of his games are what's so appealing. AT LEAST the live action movie is fun to watch because it is so far removed from the games, yet full of small references, so that even if it went for a dark story it'd be a little more acceptable. As it is it's still silly fun in its own right, in my opinion.
2) Making a movie out of Mario, ever, sounds like a bad idea. There's no way he can transition well to film. A lighthearted kids show(ala the SMB Super Show) suits it a lot more. There is no way to transition him to film and retain the charm the games have. From the sounds of it, even your movie would alienate a good chunk of the fanbase and definitely does not retain what makes Mario games so great.
Like I said though, I'm pretty sure you're just trolling/BS'ing. If it really IS some wild idea you have that you'd like to send to Disney, more power to you. I may sound overly critical but if you want to pursue a dream of sending your script to Disney and having it made into a movie, then by all means follow your dreams. :) I just wanted to give my personal opinion on the matter and state my skepticism,

First, it IS real, and second I'm just trying to make it fun for both kids and adults, oh and it's not Nolan dark, his movies are more for adults than for children, this is for both

Bronies4ever

AuthorMessage

Bronies4ever

104. Posted:

Sensei_PikPik wrote:

@Bronies4ever Now you seem narcissistic. Believing that a MARIO movie that loosely follows the canon can win 7 oscars is ludicrous. Get your head out of the clouds, and stick it in something productive, like a copy of Screenwriting for Dummies.

Okay it may not win ALL of those, but hopefully some

Bronies4ever

AuthorMessage

jamiljamtheman

105. Posted:

@Bronies4ever
whaaatever you say, man. I just don't want to be depressed watching Mario xD

jamiljamtheman

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

106. Posted:

@Bronies4ever I read your posts on other forums and you're TOO YOUNG TO WRITE A MOVIE! You think a minor like yourself can write a screenplay in his stuffy little room, send it to Disney, and make millions. You'd be lucky if the script isn't shredded.

AuthorMessage

BlackSpy

107. Posted:

How about Christian Bale as King Boo? :D

BlackSpy

AuthorMessage

Crazybrain1

108. Posted:

@Bronies4ever And now you see why nobody on this website posts ideas about a CGI Mario movie.

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everything.

AuthorMessage

Bronies4ever

109. Posted:

Sensei_PikPik wrote:

@Bronies4ever I read your posts on other forums and you're TOO YOUNG TO WRITE A MOVIE! You think a minor like yourself can write a screenplay in his stuffy little room, send it to Disney, and make millions. You'd be lucky if the script isn't shredded.

Writers don't get millions, besides I'm not doing this for money, I'm doing this with effort and care

Bronies4ever

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

110. Posted:

You guys are crazy. lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

111. Posted:

@Bronies4ever and yet you rewrite Mushroom History.

AuthorMessage

jamiljamtheman

112. Posted:

@Bronies4ever
So it IS something you want to do on your own and send to studios. Well, I hope your dream turns out well :)

jamiljamtheman

AuthorMessage

Super-Mario-Fan

113. Posted:

Can you provide some sort of proof?

because I really fail to believe this, and so do the others..... :/

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

114. Posted:

Sensei_PikPik wrote:

@Bronies4ever and yet you rewrite Mushroom History.

Untitled

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

115. Posted:

@Happy_mask More like losing faith in humanity, not mad.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

116. Posted:

Super-Mario-Fan wrote:

Can you provide some sort of proof?

because I really fail to believe this, and so do the others..... :/

Is it really necessary? lol We all know he's making it all up. :p
Disney would've said something already if this Director is announcing the movie on some random Nintendo news forum. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

117. Posted:

The fact that there are some people who are taking this seriously is quite unsettling.... And I'm not talking about the ones supporting the project.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

118. Posted:

I think you're taking it a bit too seriously @PikPik, the resources, cast and crew required to make such a movie are far out of his reach, especially if he is indeed a minor. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

DeadAntelopesGo

119. Posted:

I love this forum. It is incredibly entertaining on so many levels. Thankyou everybody who made this possible.

KI:U multiplayer kills - 1365 (as of 1/4/13)
Currently Playing: ZombiU

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9487-5194

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

120. Posted:

@Happy_mask Well, that's what happens when I comd on NL hungry. :P

Sorry, this topic has been locked.