Forums

Topic: I'm writing a CGI Mario movie for Disney

Posts 101 to 120 of 282

TsunamiSensei

@Bronies4ever Now you seem narcissistic. Believing that a MARIO movie that loosely follows the canon can win 7 oscars is ludicrous. Get your head out of the clouds, and stick it in something productive, like a copy of Screenwriting for Dummies.

Edited on by TsunamiSensei

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Bronies4ever

jamiljamtheman wrote:

Somehow I find this a load of BS or trolling. Your username is "Bronies4ever" and you joined Nintendolife 1 day ago, according to your profile. On top of that, the way you respond to things does not sound professional enough to warrant my believing you were hired to write this(unless you mean you just had this wild idea and want to mail it to Disney). I could be wrong, but I'm stating my skepticism.
Also, a couple of things if this were to actually happen: 1) Making Mario a dark and serious movie is the stupidest idea ever. From what I gather, it sounds like you want to make a CG movie close to the games in visuals but have it all dark and Nolan-y. I hate that idea. Mario is the exact opposite of complex and dark stories; the simplicity and lighthearted fun of his games are what's so appealing. AT LEAST the live action movie is fun to watch because it is so far removed from the games, yet full of small references, so that even if it went for a dark story it'd be a little more acceptable. As it is it's still silly fun in its own right, in my opinion.
2) Making a movie out of Mario, ever, sounds like a bad idea. There's no way he can transition well to film. A lighthearted kids show(ala the SMB Super Show) suits it a lot more. There is no way to transition him to film and retain the charm the games have. From the sounds of it, even your movie would alienate a good chunk of the fanbase and definitely does not retain what makes Mario games so great.
Like I said though, I'm pretty sure you're just trolling/BS'ing. If it really IS some wild idea you have that you'd like to send to Disney, more power to you. I may sound overly critical but if you want to pursue a dream of sending your script to Disney and having it made into a movie, then by all means follow your dreams. I just wanted to give my personal opinion on the matter and state my skepticism,

First, it IS real, and second I'm just trying to make it fun for both kids and adults, oh and it's not Nolan dark, his movies are more for adults than for children, this is for both

Bronies4ever

Bronies4ever

Sensei_PikPik wrote:

@Bronies4ever Now you seem narcissistic. Believing that a MARIO movie that loosely follows the canon can win 7 oscars is ludicrous. Get your head out of the clouds, and stick it in something productive, like a copy of Screenwriting for Dummies.

Okay it may not win ALL of those, but hopefully some

Bronies4ever

TsunamiSensei

@Bronies4ever I read your posts on other forums and you're TOO YOUNG TO WRITE A MOVIE! You think a minor like yourself can write a screenplay in his stuffy little room, send it to Disney, and make millions. You'd be lucky if the script isn't shredded.

-Skeletor

Crazybrain1

@Bronies4ever And now you see why nobody on this website posts ideas about a CGI Mario movie.

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everythin...

Bronies4ever

Sensei_PikPik wrote:

@Bronies4ever I read your posts on other forums and you're TOO YOUNG TO WRITE A MOVIE! You think a minor like yourself can write a screenplay in his stuffy little room, send it to Disney, and make millions. You'd be lucky if the script isn't shredded.

Writers don't get millions, besides I'm not doing this for money, I'm doing this with effort and care

Bronies4ever

Joeynator3000

You guys are crazy. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TsunamiSensei

@Bronies4ever and yet you rewrite Mushroom History.

-Skeletor

jamiljamtheman

@Bronies4ever
So it IS something you want to do on your own and send to studios. Well, I hope your dream turns out well

jamiljamtheman

Super-Mario-Fan

Can you provide some sort of proof?

because I really fail to believe this, and so do the others..... :/

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

Happy_Mask

Sensei_PikPik wrote:

@Bronies4ever and yet you rewrite Mushroom History.

Untitled

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

TsunamiSensei

@Happy_mask More like losing faith in humanity, not mad.

-Skeletor

Joeynator3000

Super-Mario-Fan wrote:

Can you provide some sort of proof?

because I really fail to believe this, and so do the others..... :/

Is it really necessary? lol We all know he's making it all up.
Disney would've said something already if this Director is announcing the movie on some random Nintendo news forum. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

The fact that there are some people who are taking this seriously is quite unsettling.... And I'm not talking about the ones supporting the project.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Happy_Mask

I think you're taking it a bit too seriously @PikPik, the resources, cast and crew required to make such a movie are far out of his reach, especially if he is indeed a minor. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

DeadAntelopesGo

I love this forum. It is incredibly entertaining on so many levels. Thankyou everybody who made this possible.

Currently Playing: Splatoon, Need for Speed Rivals

Nintendo Network ID: Deadantelopesgo

TsunamiSensei

@Happy_mask Well, that's what happens when I comd on NL hungry.

-Skeletor

Bronies4ever

I'm not posting my script yet, but I will post a summary of what I have so far

It starts in the Mushroom Kingdom where a narrator version of Toadsworth talks to us about the place and shows us pictures of the characters in this story (except Mario and Luigi) then we go a decade back when Bowser was burning down the Kingdom and his minions attack, then Toad blows his horn to call Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong to fight off Bowsers minions, and King Toadstool tells his wife to get inside the castle with a 4-year old Peach and a 6-year old Daisy, they arrive at the castle, the Queen let's Daisy go in first, while the Queen was carrying her daughter Peach and hugging her, then she runs towards the castle but Bowser lands in front of her and Daisy tries to help, but the Hammer Bro, and the Fire Bro block her path, then we see King Toadstool fight off a Koopa Troopa and a Snifit and Donkey Kong runs to him asking where his wife is and he tells him where she is, then Donkey Kong runs up to her to make sure she's okay but he was too late he sees the Queen lying dead on the floor, and Peach is crying, and Bowser picks her up and was about to kill her, but Donkey Kong comes in and punches Bowser, then Peach flies up and falls down, then Donkey Kong catches her and the Hammer Bro and Fire Bro cower in fear, Bowser tells Donkey Kong that they better hand over the Kingdom to him or else Peach ends up like her mother, then Bowser and his minions walk out of the Mushroom Kingdom and he tells the King that he left something for him outside of the castle, and the King knows it's his wife so he runs to her and he sees her dead and he blames himself for all this, so he wants Peach to stay in the castle from now on, then the camera rises and we get our title "Super Mario Bros". 19 years later in Brooklyn the Narrator version of Toadsworth gives us a little description about Brooklyn, then we cut to Mario looking in his mirror all depressed and he tells us about him, then we cut to Luigi sitting on a table reading a newspaper, then Luigi breaks the 4th wall by talking to Toadsworth saying his work is done, then they have an argument, and Mario comes in asking Luigi who he's talking to, but Luigi changes the subject asking how was his sleep, then Mario talks to Luigi about how life is not going for them and about them being broke, then he goes out for some fresh air, then the phone rings and Luigi picks it up and he is told that there's a clogged sink in someone's house, then Luigi hangs the phone up and he runs quickly outside the door telling Mario to get in the van. Later as they're driving, Luigi holds the map and gives Mario the directions as they crash into people's personal belonging's, then they arrive but they see the Wario Bros' van, Mario thinks they're not in the right room, so they quickly get their equipment, and they run inside the apartment, they run to the right room and see the Wario Bros are there, they get paid, Waluigi tips his hat to the woman who's sink they were unclogging, and they see the Mario Bros are late, and they mock them. Then Mario and Luigi walk out of the apartment and Mario sees a parking ticket on the van, they see that their parked in a 30 minute parking space, so they get in the van and Mario yells about their lives and Luigi tells him to calm down, so Mario calms down, he starts the van, and they back up into a tree, and Mario lays his head on the van. Later that evening, the Mario Bros return home and Mario says that it's hopeless and they'll never get paid, he enters his room and he slams the door, Silhouette by Owl City plays as Mario is moping in his room about their lives, he slowly slides down on the ground with his back on the door and he covers his face with his hands, he gets up and walks to his desk and sees pictures of him and his brother plumbing at peoples' homes, then he walks to the window and looks out while feeling depressed, then the song ends and the screen fades to black. The next day, Luigi is sitting at his table eating breakfast and reading, then Mario walks out of his room and he sits at the table, Luigi tries to tell him to be patient and good things will come to him, then Luigi hears the door knocking, he walks up to the door and opens it, the mailman hands him bills and Luigi goes ape**** and is about to whack him with a bat but Mario stops him and apologizes to the mailman saying it will never happen again, the mailman agrees indicating he'll never come back and he leaves, then the phone rings and Mario picks it up, but then we cut to another apartment and we see that the Wario Bros got a tap on their phone so they walk out of their apartment to get to their van, later we see Mario and Luigi driving in their van and they come to a stop light. But coincidentally the Wario Bros stop next to them, Mario and Wario look at each other preparing to get their first, then the light turns green and they both floor it at the same time but Wario hits the brakes while the Mario Bros are ahead. Wario decides to brake because he thinks the Mario Bros are gonna screw up their plumbing since they haven't plumbed in a while,so they drive to the apartment and they see the Mario Bros are there, so they walk in the apartment and they walk into the room the Mario Bros are in and Mario gloates at them but they don't care. Luigi unclogs a bathtub but he pulls something white with red spots all over, he can't get it out he feels that it's fighting, so Maro lends him a hand and they pull Toad out and he bounces all over the apartment breaking things, then he crashes through the window and falls, Mario turns his head and sees that the Wario Bros left so they can take the blame, a woman comes in and see her bathroom is a mess, so the Mario Bros get thrown out of the apartment, then Mario thinks that no one is going to call them again, and thinks that woman is going to press charges, then the Wario Bros show up to mock them, but then the Mario Bros and Wario Bros hear moaning and they see Toad lying on the sidewalk on his face, then Toad gets up and wonders where he is, then he turns to the Mario Bros and Wario Bros and he panicks, Mario tries to ask him questions but Toad runs to a sewer pipe which he mistakens for a warp pipe, he jumps in and lands in the sewer, but the Mario Bros and Wario Bros climb down the sewer, Toad slowly backs up as they walk towards him, but Toad backs up into another pipe and falls, Mario and Luigi use their flashlight to find him, Wario and Waluigi push them in the pipe, but Mario and Luigi grab their overalls and pull them in as well, as their falling in the pipe Wario strangles Mario for dragging them in, but Mario and Luigi see a separate pipe so Mario and Luigi kick the Wario Bros into that pipe and Wario and Waluigi fell into a pile of trash in the Mushroom Kingdom, then Mario and Luigi land in a field in the Mushroom Kingdom. The Mario Bros try to figure out where they are, so they keep walking and they see a castle, so they walk to the Mushroom Kingdom and amire the scenery of the place, they see a red mushroom and they mistaken him for Toad, they run to him and the mushroom yells, and other mushrooms walk towards them seeing them as a threat, then a couple mushrooms throw ropes around them and tie them up, then they get taken to the castle, later in the King's castle the King makes a speech about Bowser not planning an attack for so long, but he thinks he'll never quit, Peach tries to tell him that they probably gave up, but he doesn't buy it. Toad runs in the castle, and he runs towards the King, another mushroom puts his foot out making Toad trip and he falls on top of his head and the other mushrooms laugh at him, then he gets up and runs towards the King, he explains what happened but the other mushrooms laugh at him like he's crazy. Then four mushrooms bring in the Mario Bros. and Toad hides behind the King, the King asks who they are and what they are doing there and they explain what happen, and Toad said they tried to suck his head off, Mario tries to tell them what happened, but the King tells the Mushrooms to search them and they reach into their pockets and grabbed their cell phones, they ask what they are and Mario tells them, and they think it's to contact Bowser, they get confused of who they're talking about, then one of their phones ring, and a mushroom thinks they're bombs so they destroy them with their spears. The King gets up from his throne and walks toward the Bros and was about to sentence them 20 years in his dungeon, but Peach stops him and knows they don't work for Bowser, the King tries to convince her that they work for Bowser, but she tells him that she knows inside them that they're nice, so he lets him go but he wants them in the castle with a warning that if they go near Peach they will be suffering some consequences. Later in Bowser's Castle, Bowser is sitting on his throne all frusterated, his minions and his son Bowser Jr try to cheer him up, but he decided to throw in the towel since he can't think of anything, but his minions thought of some plans but he doesn't like any of them, then Bowser Jr thought of a plan (I'm not gonna say it we all know what he thought of), but Bowser's minions laugh at him, but his father likes that idea and he feels he's ready to rule again, then he tries to think of another way to return to the Mushroom Kingdom instead of carrying Peach all the way back there, then two Paratroopas fly past him and he looks at a ship in a bottle and the idea came to him (guess what he's thinking of, I'm not saying it). Later that evening in the Mushroom Kingdom, Peach is walking in the hallway, but her father shows up way behind her and calls her to him, she walks to him and they talk about having the Mario Bros there, the King still sees them as a threat, and Peach tries to tell him that she's old enough to walk outside the castle, but her father refuses, then Peach yells at him and says that she wished he died instead of her mom, then she storms off, and the King feels disappointed and walks to his room. Later in the hallway of the castle, Mario and Luigi are walking down the hallway, untill Yoshi grabs them with his tongue and pulls them in front of him, Toad, and Daisy, and they ask them what they're plan is, and Mario tries to convince them that they're not bad, but they don't buy it, Daisy asks them again in a threatening tone, then Luigi calls her "dollface" and she knees him in the nuts for that, then Toad goes insane and tells them what they did to him, then Mario stares at Yoshi for a few seconds, realizing he's a dinosaur, then he talks, and Mario remains speechless. Daisy is through playing around, she grabs Mario by the overalls and keeps asking what they're plan is, then Toadsworth comes in and tells her to let them go, then Toadsworth asks the Mario Bros to come with him, Luigi tells him they're not illeagal immigrants and Toadsworth understands,and he tells him what happened a long time ago (what happened in the beggining of the movie that is) and tells them that he cannot convince the King that they don't work for Bowser, then Toadsworth shows them to their room. The next morning, Kamek, Lakitu, Hammer, Fire, Boomerang, Ice, and Sledge Bro are next to the castle getting ready for the plan Bowser Jr came up with, Kamek asks the Bros if they remembered the plan, Boomerang Bro doesn't and Kamek tells Lakitu to run it through them again, Lakitu tells them the plan again,then he and Kamek fly up to the sky, then Hammer Bro pushes Ice Bro out, then Ice Bro dressed as a female mushroom gets nervous and walks in front of the guard posing as a fine young lady, distracting the guard and the guard follows him behind the castle, then Ice Bro reaches for his walkie talkie and yells out that they're behind the castle, then the others disguise themselves as mushrooms and they head inside the castle. Hammer Bro and Sledge Bro go one part of the castle to find Peach or Toad, and Boomerang Bro and Fire Bro go the other, later Mario wonders around the castle and bumps into Peach, then Mario backs up but Peach tells him that her father isn't there, so Mario walks with Peach in the castle as they describe each others' personality, later Boomerang and Fire Bro catch up to Toad and he's worried if they're gonna poke fun at him like the others but they're not, then Toad introduces himself to them and Boomerang Bro (speaking in Peanut's voice) asks if they can hang with him and he lets them, then Fire and Boomerang Bro whisper loudly at each other about Boomerang Bro changing voices. Later Hammer and Sledge Bro are walking in the castle until they hear the King in his room talking to Toadsworth about his problems with Peach, so they stand next to his room and eavesdrop. Later outside, Lakitu tells Kamek he's gonna drop a spiny on a mushroom for old times sake, he drops it but Kamek stops the spiny from falling with his wand, then he throws it back at Lakitu and tells him they can't get caught, then a bunch of birds come flying into them, as they try to fight the birds off, a spiny falls off of Lakitu's cloud and lands on Ice Bro's back, he screams in pain, the guard asks him if he's okay, he tells him he has a back cramp and he tells him he's gonna walk it off in the grassy field and he gets the spiny off his back, then he walks out of the field and back behind the castle to talk to the guard. Later as they're walking in the castle, Mario and Peach discuss their personal lives to each other, and they both have pretty hard lives. Later in the hallway, Boomerang Bro asks Toad what he uses to summon Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, and Toad shows them the horn, Boomerang Bro laughs in excitement, then Fire Bro elbows him in the stomach. Later in the field, Wario and Waluigi are trying to find the Mario Bros so they can give them a piece of their minds for dragging them in the pipe. Later in the castle, Toad chats with Fire and Boomerang Bro and Mario and Peach are in the same room and Fire and Boomerang Bro spot Peach, then they look at Mario thinking to themselves "Who is that guy"? Then Toad notices that Mario is standing beside Peach, and Boomerang and Fire Bro think to themselves "We're dead, he's gonna blow the horn". Later outside the castle, the mushroom guard (James Rolfe btw) tells Ice Bro how beautiful he looks, then Ice Bro feels uncomfortable, then the guard tries to kiss him, but Ice Bro tears apart his costume and screams, then offscreen he freezes the guard. Later, as Toad was about to blow the horn, Ice Bro talks in his walkie talkie revealing every detail of their plan, while Bommerang and Fire Bro are near Toad, Peach and Mario, and while Hammer Bro, Sledge Bro, and Bowser Jr are standing next to the king's room, they all try to shut them up, but they weren't able to, then Ice Bro stops talking, and Fire Bro tells him what he was doing the whole time, and he acts worried, then Boomerang and Fire Bro start retreating, and Peach wants Mario to help her hide, so they run down the hallway, and Toad tries to find his horn. Ice Bro sees that they need help so he runs inside the castle. Fire and Boomerang Bro stop running and Fire Bro gets all worried about getting pummled by Donkey Kong, but Boomerang Bro has the horn the whole time, then Fire Bro hugs Boomerang Bro and they run to find the others so they can grab the princess. Luigi walks down the castle to find Mario, Fire and Boomerang Bro are running behind Luigi and they push him out of their way, then Luigi wonders what all the fuss is about so he follows them. Later upstairs, Hammer Bro, Sledge Bro, and Bowser Jr try to escape but the King opens his door and catches them. He asks them what they're doing there, then Boomerang and Fire Bro catch up to them and Fire Bro was about to tell them where Peach is, but the King turns his head around and Fire Bro shuts up, then Ice Bro comes in and asks them if they got the Princess but he notices that the King is there, then the King turns his head back and sees that they're gone, then he turns back and sees that Fire and Boomerang Bro are gone. Then Luigi runs in and the King tells Luigi to halt, then he asks him where his brother is, later Mario and Peach are trying to figure out what to do, then the King comes in and grabs Mario by the neck, Peach tries to tell her father that they're not a threat to the kingdom, but the King wouldn't believe her and tells her that she needs to grow up, then Fire and Ice Bro come up behind Peach and grab her, the King drops Mario and tries to help her, but Hammer Bro, Sledge Bro, Boomerang Bro, and Bowser Jr surround him, and Hammer Bro calls in Lakitu and Kamek, then they fly through the window to get inside the castle. Toad, Yoshi, and Daisy come in and try to help, but Fire Bro calls in reinforcements, then a bunch of goombas, koopa troopas, shy guys, paratroopas, fly guys, and bob-ombs barge in the castle and surrounds everybody, then Kamek tells the King that if he doesn't surrender his kingdom to Bowser in a few days, he'll never see his daughter again. They were about to take off with Peach, but the King tells them not to forget about "Their little friends", Kamek gets confused at what he's talking about, and the King points to the Mario Bros, then Kamek and the rest of the minions look at them weird, then Kamek flies to them and asks who they are, Luigi explains who they are and what they do, then Kamek flies to the King and laughs in his face and everyone else starts laughing, then Kamek tells him what a foolish old mushroom he is, then they start leaving the castle with the Princess. After the minions take off with Peach, we see the King having a bad temper in his room breaking stuff, then Toadsworth walks in to talk to him. The king doesn't know what to do, and he feels bad for wrongfully accusing the Mario Bros, and he's worried that he'll lose another family member, then Toadsworth tells him that everything will be ok, and he suggests if he could have the Mario Bros help rescue Peach, but the King doesn't think it's a good idea, but Toadsworth tells him they could be useful. Later, Mario and Luigi were about to walk out of the castle, but the King stops them from leaving, and he apologizes to them and explains why he was overreacting, then the Mario Bros forgave him and the King asks if they could help rescue Peach, then Mario and Luigi question that idea and tells him they're just plumbers, not heroes, then the King pleads them and tells him he has faith in them, then the Mario Bros decide they'll rescue Peach, but they don't know where she's taken to, then the King had an idea. Later in the basement of the castle, we see a quirky little German scientist named Professor E.Gadd work on an experiment, then King Toadstool and the Mario Bros come in, King talks to him and E.Gadd yells and jumps in excitement and his chemicals explode. E.Gadd was about to tell King Toadstool while working on an experiment but then he stares at the Mario Bros, then he brings out two chairs and puts them in them to scan, then he puts two helmets on them then he turns on the electricity and it shocks them a little, then he turns off the power, and a little piece of paper prints out of his machine and reads what humans do, and he gets excited because he's not the only human in the Mushroom Kingdom and he kisses Mario and Luigi on their cheeks. Then he asks the King what he wanted to talk to him about, the King tells him that Peach is kidnapped, and E.Gadd gets a little overexcited, then Toad snaps him out by slapping his face, and Toad asks if he can invent something that'll take them to Bowser's castle, then E.Gadd goes over to his desk and invents a tracking device, then Yoshi comes up behind him to watch, then E.Gadd asks Yoshi for personal space, then Yoshi backs up and he worries it could take long, but E.Gadd finished his invention, then King Toadstool asks how will they get to Bowser's castle in time, E.Gadd says it takes a lot of work (Fourth wall joke in 3...2...1...) So he invented a little button and pushes it to transition to the next scene, then Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Yoshi wonder what just happened, then they all just act like it didn't happen and went along with it (Fourth wall joke ends). Then we see a giant metal plane, and E.Gadd says it can take them to Bowser's castle in no time, then King Toadstool wishes the Mario Bros luck, and he insists that they bring Toad, Yoshi, and Daisy with them, but Luigi questions the King on bringing Daisy along, then Daisy talks smack at Luigi and she comes along anyway, so they all hop inside the plane, E.Gadd starts the plane and they all take off.

That's what I have so far

Bronies4ever

Kinsale

Best thread ever.

Who are you running from? (?_?)/
someday there will be a cactus pokemon, that is actually good.
(O vvv O)/ add me if you want to play KI:U, or ACNL, OR Pokemon
I make a lot of typos, so expect many of my posts to be edited

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8031-2017

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.