Forums

Topic: IGN web-series CASTING NOW

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

lockelocke

[please note, applicants must be at least 11 years of age and local to the Los Angeles area!]

Hey dudes and dudettes,

I got a call from a friend's production company today asking if I could help find gamers interested in being cast in an upcoming IGN web-series. Just to be clear, I DO NOT work for neither IGN nor NBC nor the production company involved. I am simply SUCH A GIANT NERD that non-nerdy people call me when they are in need of other giant nerds. I am not trying to spam this radical site, I am simply filling you guys in on the details so you can be involved if you so desire. If this post is against the forum rules, then I expect the lovely theblackdragon will lock it, and I will cease to post any more upcoming game-related series that I catch wind of (there's an upcoming G4TV series that will offer participants the possibility of having a game idea developed, more details to come). Again, I do not work for any of the above mentioned organizations, I just have a lot of friends in the entertainment industry (I work in the music business, comes with the turf). I sadly am not allowed to apply for any of these because my girl works for NBC.

The flier below explains roughly what the show entails but I'll give you a few more details. If you're selected for the show, you'll be training a complete video game n00b for competition. The person you'll train will be someone close to you (a friend or family member), and the two of you will head off against another gamer/n00b pair. That's pretty much the idea, though there could be more details that weren't revealed to me. Here's the flyer with contact info, etc.

Also, if you do end up applying please cite me (Mike Leisz) as a reference (tell them I told you about the show). This'll ensure that I keep getting a heads up on these shows, so I can keep letting you guys know about them. Super cool. Thx!

Untitled

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

lockelocke

Guys, even if you can't participate in the web-series described above (maybe you don't live in LA, you're under the age of 11, or you just can't right now for whatever reason), but YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Send me an email at lockethele&#... from an email you are comfortable with being contacted at, and I will file your information for future video game related shows. If I get enough contacts, I can even batch forward them to the network/production company and you will become a preferred pool of applicants BEFORE open casting. That means you have a WAY BETTER CHANCE of being considered for a future show than some dude who shows up at open casting.

i_am_error
backlockelockery

theblackdragon

@lockelocke: Please be careful, you're kinda pushing the limit here. Is there any way you can run this kind of thing off-site and put a link into your signature or something? :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

GameLord08

I live nowhere near America, let alone L.A.
Why this time in my life?

GameLord08

lockelocke

@theblackdragon

absolutely. i'll put a link in my sig later today, go ahead and lock/delete the thread. whatever you need to do.
hope it didn't come off as an ad or an attempt to pull traffic from your awesome site, i just wanted to share what sounds to me like an awesome/fun experience

i_am_error
backlockelockery

Mabbit

Is there an official page for this web series on either NBC or IGN? I'm for this, but I want to make sure it's not some evil scheme that Prosody invented.

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

lockelocke

@briunj04

Haha, I can assure you there are no evil schemes involved aside from NBC's already in motion plans for world domination. Just send an email to the address at the flyer and your email will be received by someone at Reveille productions.

i_am_error
backlockelockery

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.