General Discussion Forum

Topic: If nintendo's next system is controller-free.....

Showing 1 to 10 of 10

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TJtheHeretic

1. Posted:

if nintendo's next system is controller-free (like microsofts natal where u actually have to get up and do the motions) im probably not gona buy it cuz if u ask me gaming was meant to be played siting down with a controller not standing up and kicking the air.

TJ-
Brawl FC: 3351-3728-1943
youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/tj9874

[url=http://backloggery.com/tj9874][/url]

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gameking23

2. Posted:

I do not think the next system will be controller-free. For one reason Nintendo has already announced that in order to have a great gaming experience you need a controller.

I rule when it comes to games. So deal with it.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TJtheHeretic

3. Posted:

i know i was just saying that gaming is meant for lazy ppl (well it used to be) and i dont want it to change.

TJ-
Brawl FC: 3351-3728-1943
youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/tj9874

[url=http://backloggery.com/tj9874][/url]

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

4. Posted:

No system will ever be controller free unless they invent technology to read minds. Too many games are impossible without buttons. And even more would be improbable.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TJtheHeretic

5. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

No system will ever be controller free unless they invent technology to read minds. Too many games are impossible without buttons. And even more would be improbable.

wonder how natal is gona make up for it

TJ-
Brawl FC: 3351-3728-1943
youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/tj9874

[url=http://backloggery.com/tj9874][/url]

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

6. Posted:

It's not. 360 already has a controller. Most games will continue to use the controller while certain games will use Natal. It's just not that practical a device. Most developers struggle to make use of motion as it is. Imagine them trying to use full body motion now. Games like Fallout and Halo will never give up the controller, in all likelihood, but mini-games and sports games will probably have a field day with it.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TJtheHeretic

7. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

It's not. 360 already has a controller. Most games will continue to use the controller while certain games will use Natal. It's just not that practical a device. Most developers struggle to make use of motion as it is. Imagine them trying to use full body motion now. Games like Fallout and Halo will never give up the controller, in all likelihood, but mini-games and sports games will probably have a field day with it.

im gona miss the days of playing sports games with a controller

TJ-
Brawl FC: 3351-3728-1943
youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/tj9874

[url=http://backloggery.com/tj9874][/url]

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RJay

8. Posted:

Imagine Street Fighter without a controller

Water Warfare 3481-0499-8502
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2535-5527-9255

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

9. Posted:

Adam wrote:

No system will ever be controller free unless they invent technology to read minds. Too many games are impossible without buttons. And even more would be improbable.

This is correct.

No system will ever be completely controller-less (for a very, very, very long time at least), and not every game is going to be operated by motion controls.

The regular ol' controller will be around for quite some time still.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TJtheHeretic

10. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Adam wrote:

No system will ever be controller free unless they invent technology to read minds. Too many games are impossible without buttons. And even more would be improbable.

This is correct.

No system will ever be completely controller-less (for a very, very, very long time at least), and not every game is going to be operated by motion controls.

The regular ol' controller will be around for quite some time still.

thank the gaming gods

TJ-
Brawl FC: 3351-3728-1943
youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/tj9874

[url=http://backloggery.com/tj9874][/url]