Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Game Club

Posts 121 to 140 of 371

HolyMackerel

Really, the end of the year is always a busy period. There's Halloween, Christmas and New Year's, not to mention Thanksgiving for all you Americans.

If it's a big problem for a lot of people we can move it back to December although that's a long time from now. I remember a lot of people saying they wanted the club to start in mid-November.

HolyMackerel

Bankai

Nah, start mid-November. It's not like Paper Mario takes a full 2 months to finish anyway, so if our American friends miss a week because of Thanksgiving they're not going to be too disadvantaged.

Christmas is an even worse time of year, anyway, in the sense that some people (myself included) have a tonne of family things/ trips that preclude gaming. so I'll miss around 2 weeks of play time then.

Mind you, 6 weeks is still long enough to finish Paper Mario

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Yeah good point. Christmas is just going to make things worse. So lets just go with the original plan I say.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

JohnWalrus

Mmmkay, I join. I even made a Google account just for ya!

"I will destroy everything! I will create a monument to non-existence!"~Kefka Palazzo (FFVI)
Backloggery

Aviator

I join the Google group.

Though I won't be able to do the first week cause I have exams, other than that, it will be all good.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

she_gamer

Oh!! I really hope we do Okami! It is cheap now, and my first play-through I logged 40+ hours. My second favourite game of all time (first is Paper Mario TTYD). I've been looking for an opportunity to play it again, so I'd vote a million times for Okami!! ...please consider Okami... ... did I mention I like Okami?...

she_gamer

Nintendo Network ID: she_gamer

JeanLuc_Vaycard

I can't quite tell she_gamer if you like Okami or not. Can you please clarify?

Objection

Well, looking at the O_P's guidelines for the Club, Okami would probably not work. While it is a great game that many people have not yet been exposed to, it's a retail Wii game (so it can be 'expensive') and it's somewhat rare too (OOP IIRC). But hey, if we do it, I already have a copy waiting for a second playthrough, so, maybe.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

CanisWolfred

Objection_Blaster wrote:

Well, looking at the O_P's guidelines for the Club, Okami would probably not work. While it is a great game that many people have not yet been exposed to, it's a retail Wii game (so it can be 'expensive') and it's somewhat rare too (OOP IIRC). But hey, if we do it, I already have a copy waiting for a second playthrough, so, maybe.

http://www.amazon.com/Okami-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B000Z9A95M/ref=sr...

You call that rare and expensive? Paper Mario would be more of a hassle.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Objection

@mickeymac-I stand corrected, at least with online. But in stores, (thinking of younger users) it can be hard to track down and I meant 'expensive' as in $20-30, compared to the $10 for Paper Mario.

Joined the Google Group. Games I recommend we do at some point in 2011:
Metroid Prime 2 (not that many people, including myself, beat it compared to 1 or 3)
Zelda: Link to the Past (mainstream yes, but also amazing)
Any Bit trip game
Swords and Soldiers
any Trauma (Centre/Centre) game

Edited on by Objection

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

CanisWolfred

I double checked the criteria, and I don't see how there could be any problem. It's available in both regions, is far more than 6 months old, few people have played, yet shouldn't be a problem for most to get their hands on. I'd say it's very much eligable for this club.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Objection_Blaster wrote:

@mickeymac-I stand corrected, at least with online. But in stores, (thinking of younger users) it can be hard to track down and I meant 'expensive' as in $20-30, compared to the $10 for Paper Mario.

...but then all we'd be able to play are VC games by that criteria. Rare and expensive for a retail game, to me, is like Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus: There isn't a store in the U.S. that you can walk into and find it unless you're really lucky, and online, it can cost more than what it originally retailed for. I don't think a game like Okami would even come close to that.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JeanLuc_Vaycard

I agree. It's fairly affordable and easily accessible by some means. I guess it all comes down to each game we choose, how many are willing to participate for that week.

Stuffgamer1

Wow, people keep suggesting games I own but haven't played much if at all. This club could be even better for helping me through my backlog than I thought!

Little King's Story, Okami (which is even less rare when you consider the PS2 version, which I own because I didn't like the Wii controls), and Metroid Prime 2 (which I have on the Trilogy but never got around to playing) all get a vote from me. There's nothing like current community discussion to keep me playing a game.

The November 12th schedule is fine with me. I never travel for holidays anyway, so my free time shouldn't really be affected much by the season, excepting the possibility of increased work hours, which still isn't as big a time sink as being away from the console for two weeks, and MAN has this turned into a big run-on sentence!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

HolyMackerel

Great, more suggestions. I'm glad Okami's a hit! Don't forget we can also choose DS games and I know there are lots of good ones we could play.

Just FYI when we start playing I'll make a new thread on the forum for our discussion about the game so it doesn't get mixed up with talk about the club and the next game choice.

@Objection_Blaster We will definitely be doing some retail games, and for older titles price isn't usually a problem unless it's a rare game. As for Metroid Prime 2, I still haven't found MP Trilogy anywhere yet, but I'm looking! D:

HolyMackerel

JohnWalrus

I suggest we do the four retro Phantasy Star games! They're really cheap on the VC (800 a piece), and I haven't beaten one yet, so it'd be a new experience for me, too! Also, we should do SMRPG, LoZ: WW, SoM, and Final Fantasy IV (as well as the After Years)!

Edited on by JohnWalrus

"I will destroy everything! I will create a monument to non-existence!"~Kefka Palazzo (FFVI)
Backloggery

Yasume

I joined the Google Group. This would be a nice opportunity for me to beat the game. I was playing it back in 2008, but stopped somewhere in Chapter 4 because other games got in the way. I have never returned to it since.

Also thumbs up to HolyMackerel for coming up with this. We have a similar topic over at the VCForums, but there isn't much activity unfortunately. I'm positive that this will be a success if I take a look at the amount of participants that decided to join in only 4 days.

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

HolyMackerel

@JohnWalrus Whoa there! The next poll is going to be flooded with games if I put all of these in, haha. I'll keep note and we can pace them for other sessions later on too.

@Yasume Yeah, Mickeymac mentioned your VC-Forums club early on in this thread. It's a shame that activity's low for it. Ours is a little different - very casual, no competition, and we'll be covering any type of game that can be played on the Wii or DS. Glad to have another player join us!

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Stuffgamer1

@HolyMackerel: Just make sure you post a link to that new thread so we can all find it easily.

Hmm...my previous experience with the Wii version of Okami was pretty bad, but I know find myself without a backwards compatible PS3. Granted, I wasn't in the best possible playing conditions for the Wii version at the time (probably not the correct distance from the sensor bar). If the game is selected, I'll have to pick up a Wii copy and give it another try. Don't take that as an argument against the game, as I really do want to play it...just sharing my thoughts on the situation.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.