Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Game Club

Posts 101 to 120 of 371

RetroRich

I have joined the google group, please sign me up for the game club.

RetroRich

HolyMackerel

Great. I'll write down Chocobo's Dungeon. I played it a little way through and I definitely want to finish it. We could even get some online card battles going. More suggestions are welcome, anything that fits the criteria in the first post. Right now I only have Samurai Warriors 3 and Chocobo's Dungeon.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Machu

I played through PM fairly recently, but I never got the Untitled I was looking for. This'll be a good excuse to head back in and grab those last few star pieces. Also, it'll be nice to hear you all chat about the game (which is super awesome). I'm in.

Rawr!

zezhyrule

I'm not going to do this first game, just to let you know, but I might be able to do later ones. I hope y'all have fun!
I really wanted to play through Paper Mario, but I guess I'll just do it some other time...

Might I recommend Metroid Prime? You can find it pretty cheap nowadays.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

LordJumpMad

Wow, this Thread already has a 100 Comments!

So what game is everyone playing now?
I recommend Shaq Fu or SuperMan 64
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

HolyMackerel

@JumpMad Um, I think you're missing the point of this thread... We're starting a club to play games together, not just discussing what games we're playing right now. Go read the first post of this thread.

Secondly, Shaq-Fu and Superman 64 aren't available on VC. But if they were, I would totally be up for torturing NLifers for a month or two with one of them. ;D

HolyMackerel

wisefool

Just joined the group. Should be fun.

3DS: 1075-0724-6518

HolyMackerel

Friday, November 12 tentatively set as our starting date.

Reminder to all members to join the Google group if you haven't done so already.

If there aren't many problems with November 12 then we'll go ahead with it. I have sent an email out to club members.

HolyMackerel

Ren

Hey What about Okami? it's dirt cheap now, even brand new, and a nice alternative to the 3d Zelda's that we know all of us have already played to death (though it wouldn't hurt to do Ocarina again...). NO! put down the Zelda! I can resist, I have the will!
anyway, Okami is really fantastic, and any adventure fan should give it go anyway. Just my 2 cents.
Wish the VC had weirder stuff like Body Harvest, that was fun and pretty obscure, oh well.

Ren

HolyMackerel

@Ren Okami is a great idea. My old PS2 copy is still unfinished. It is quite a long game at 30+ hours of play time, up to 50 if you include exploration and side quests. The first 2 or 3 hours are slow-moving too, so it might not capture everyone's interests immediately... but it definitely picks up after the introduction. It's a great Zelda-esque game that could broaden people's horizons a bit, a good choice over OoT. It'd be an interesting one to try, I'll note it down.

I was thinking of Sin & Punishment (VC) or Sin & Punishment 2 (Wii) as possibilities too, for a much later session. High difficulty, score attack arcade games with relatively short story modes. Would be interesting to have a shorter session (around 4 weeks) for a game like that.

HolyMackerel

turtlelink

@HolyMackerel,
I was just thinking about putting S&P as a title to play next! XD
Or maybe even Star Fox 64! (But that doesn't have a save function plus it's coming on 3DS soon.)
Anyway, will you be using the poll to determine the next game?

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Min

I don't actually own Paper Mario on VC, but I do own the cartridge... I had intended to play through on that. That's fine, right?

The most minlicious of them all.

Nintendo Network ID: Minlicious

HolyMackerel

@turtlelink Yeah we're not going to be playing any games which will be remade on the 3DS. I can't imagine you'd want to replay the game so soon. I'll be polling people for the next game, but the final decision is mine in case we keep getting well-known Nintendo games all the time.

@Min Sure, no problem. It doesn't matter what platform it's on, as long as you're playing the same game. I'm not trying to get you to spend your money unnecessarily lol.

HolyMackerel

SuperPeach

Umm... I 'd like to suggest Little Kings Story for a game sometime. It's a beautiful gem, inexpensive, and it's a game everyone should get to play.

SuperPeach

Bankai

HolyMackerel wrote:

Great. I'll write down Chocobo's Dungeon. I played it a little way through and I definitely want to finish it. We could even get some online card battles going. More suggestions are welcome, anything that fits the criteria in the first post. Right now I only have Samurai Warriors 3 and Chocobo's Dungeon.

yeah I need to do some card battling.

Unrelated post, but friend codes?

ItsFuzzyPickles

I personally have a problem with the date.

Late November will be the beginning of Thanksgiving. Starting a session before it and most people not being able to participate for a short period of time due ot Thanksgiving would take about a week off the session for most people. Due to this, I would recommend changing the date to Monday, November 29, 2010, since most people should be back by then. Although I'm not going to actively advocate the change as this is more nit picking then anything else.

On to the game, I haven't played Paper Mario since like 2003 (Only rented it about three times), but it was a lot of fun playing it. It will be great playing it from a fresh start.

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Two months isn't enough to complete the game even during Thanksgiving time? I won't be here either but that is still plenty of time.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

dsmaster

Joined the google group. Can't wait to start!

dsmaster

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.