Forums

Topic: I hate hard games!

Posts 121 to 129 of 129

Stuffgamer1

@MysteriousVoice: You DO realize that "Zelda hard" is not a universal standard, right? By which I mean to say that the original game was much harder than more recent entries, and Zelda II is arguably (by which I mean definitely and anyone who disagrees is nuts) the hardest in the entire series.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

CanisWolfred

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@MysteriousVoice: You DO realize that "Zelda hard" is not a universal standard, right? By which I mean to say that the original game was much harder than more recent entries, and Zelda II is arguably (by which I mean definitely and anyone who disagrees is nuts) the hardest in the entire series.

Yeah...Anything after Majora's Mask has been remarkably unchallenging, while some of the early ones can be downright frustrating. Of course, they're all easy once you know what to do.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SpentAllMyTokens

Mickeymac wrote:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Yeah...Anything after Majora's Mask has been remarkably unchallenging, while some of the early ones can be downright frustrating. Of course, they're all easy once you know what to do.

This, once you've played one, the rest are pretty easy to figure out (except for Zelda II).

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

CanisWolfred

Token Girl wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

This, once you've played one, the rest are pretty easy to figure out (except for Zelda II).

Zelda II is hard to figure out, but once you figure it out, it's easy.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SpentAllMyTokens

I can figure out Zelda II just fine. I just die. A lot. Because I'm uncoordinated and have no skillz.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

the_shpydar

Token Girl wrote:

I can figure out Zelda II just fine. I just die. A lot. Because I'm uncoordinated and have no skillz.

Lol, it's not just you. I've played through it dozens and dozens of times and every playthrough i still die a lot. Usually from a "getting hit in mid air during a jump and getting knocked down a pit" moment. =)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

grenworthshero

Mickeymac wrote:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I'd argue anything after ALttP is pretty easy, actually.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

LzWinky

grenworthshero wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I'd argue anything after ALttP is pretty easy, actually.

Stone Tower Temple and Water Temple were not easy to me

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Stuffgamer1

Yeah, Zelda II is a pain, and I'm not convinced it'd be possible to win at all without the cheap trick against Shadow Link. I admit it's possible to get better at the game and dies LESS, but I wouldn't call it "easy" at ANY skill level...except robot, maybe.

I'm not sure skills from later Zelda games would help much with the original, either...that one has too much absurdly random trial and error, far more than any other game in the series. Other than that, having played one game will generally help with another.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.