Forums

Topic: I hate hard games!

Posts 101 to 120 of 129

SilverBaretta

Hard games build character. Even if they're tedious. Play them to put some hair on your chest.

I'm pretty sure I think I'm funnier than I really am.
10 Years of Kingdom Hearts
3DS Friend Code: 0301-9785-9580
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStormGaming]Watch me and my friends play games! Now with better visual qualit...

CanisWolfred

briunj04 wrote:

Don wrote:

Games should give everyone the option to skip an objective or give you the reward anyway for trying.

sorry i couldnt help but laugh when i read this. you sound like my kindergarten teacher. games are hard for the better. i dont want to spend 50 dollars on a game that i can breeze through in an hour without losing once. but i get where youre coming from. i suggest playing online browser games, those are short and generally pretty easy

What are these easy Browser games you speak of? Most of the ones I've played kick my butt. A lot.

I'm also tempted to laugh at Don, but I do agree that more options would be nice. Branching paths with one being easier than the other, but not as rewarding, a la Castlevania 3 would be lovely. Or maybe Stage selection like Mega Man, where one stage might be easier for you than another, is also something I wish more games would use. I don't necessarily like Easy mode unless it takes things away, because otherwise what reason do you have to play through the harder modes if it doesn't really add anything? You already got everything you wanted when you breezed through it the first time, after all.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Kid_A

Dude. I hate not automatically winning every game I play!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Mabbit

grenworthshero wrote:

briunj04 wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

I just wish some games would have an "easy" mode, like Sin and Punishment or Viewtiful Joe, when the main game is really hard.

Viewtiful Joe does have an easy mode. its easy mode is called "Kids" and its hard mode is called "Adults." and then theres "Rated V" mode which is like expert and "Ultra Rated V" mode which is hell on earth

and Sin and Punishment 2 does have n easy mode also, but i dont know about SaP one

I know...that's what I just said.

??? you said that SaP and Viewtiful Joe should have easy modes to which i replied, yes they already do

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Objection

VJ had an Easy mode? Thats news to me, I never beat that game.

Also, I hate hard games. I play games for tyhe sotry/interactive experience, not for the challenge, although some is necessary, yes.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

Stuffgamer1

@briunj: Here's what he MEANT to say:

thebetterwordedgrenworthshero wrote:

I just wish some really hard games would have an "easy" mode, like Sin and Punishment and Viewtiful Joe do.

That clear things up?

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1

Animal Crossing won't calm nothing down when you're fishing/bug hunting for rare creatures.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Leonzable

Games should have a progressive difficulty, so when things get tough, you at least know what you're doing.
Evereh boawdeh harppeh!

"WE ARE THE FATHERZZZZZZZZZZZZZ JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA"
-some random guy online

Noire

Eh, I'm just weird, I'd like something easy and not-frustrating during my wind-down time before bed...

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

MysteriousVoice

I like a difficulty level of, say Zelda. A good balance of exploring and fighting. Games like IWBTG are just Lulwut.

A Mysterious Voice suddenly speaks out to you....
......Whos there?

Bankai

Mickeymac wrote:

briunj04 wrote:

Don wrote:

Games should give everyone the option to skip an objective or give you the reward anyway for trying.

sorry i couldnt help but laugh when i read this. you sound like my kindergarten teacher. games are hard for the better. i dont want to spend 50 dollars on a game that i can breeze through in an hour without losing once. but i get where youre coming from. i suggest playing online browser games, those are short and generally pretty easy

What are these easy Browser games you speak of? Most of the ones I've played kick my butt. A lot.

I'm also tempted to laugh at Don, but I do agree that more options would be nice. Branching paths with one being easier than the other, but not as rewarding, a la Castlevania 3 would be lovely. Or maybe Stage selection like Mega Man, where one stage might be easier for you than another, is also something I wish more games would use. I don't necessarily like Easy mode unless it takes things away, because otherwise what reason do you have to play through the harder modes if it doesn't really add anything? You already got everything you wanted when you breezed through it the first time, after all.

I do enough stuff in my life that's already plenty rewarding, and plenty difficult. The point of games is not to be rewarding, for me, but rather to be light entertainment.

I prefer to relax while playing games, not stress out. Ultimately that's why I haven't given Demons Souls the playtime I know it deserves. Great game, but I'd rather play something less frustrating thx.

Dicesukeinuzuka

JesusSaves wrote:

What's the point in life if you just get everything handed to you on a silver platter?

exactly, a game is not life. If its for enjoyment then it shouldn't frustrate you.

Edited on by Dicesukeinuzuka

call me Dicesuke Inuzuka, Daisuke, Dice, or Dai.
deviant art page:
http://dicesukeinuzuka.deviantart.com/

KanrakusPizza

Dicesukeinuzuka wrote:

JesusSaves wrote:

What's the point in life if you just get everything handed to you on a silver platter?

exactly, a game is not life. If its for enjoyment then it should frustrate you.

Try tellin my friend that. ( o.0 )

wont be on here anymore

Azurineknuckle

I like hard games. They always give you something to strive for in the game.
Unless it's like Superman 64 and just glitchy hard.

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You." -Dr. Seuss (Happy Birthday to You)

CanisWolfred

WaltzElf wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

briunj04 wrote:

Don wrote:

I do enough stuff in my life that's already plenty rewarding, and plenty difficult. The point of games is not to be rewarding, for me, but rather to be light entertainment.

I prefer to relax while playing games, not stress out. Ultimately that's why I haven't given Demons Souls the playtime I know it deserves. Great game, but I'd rather play something less frustrating thx.

Then how's about you give Demon's Souls to me G-ddamn it! I actually want my games to be frustrating.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Machu

I like games to be hard, otherwise they are boring.

Rawr!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.