Forums

Topic: I don't get this.

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

LordTendoboy

The gaming community seems very hypocritical (both industry insiders and gamers).

"The Wii sucks cause it has a bunch of casual games."

"There isn't much of a market for core games on the Wii, so we won't support it."

And then you have this:

"The iPhone is dominating the market due to it's cheap games that are perfect for casual players."

"Nintendo needs to make smartphone games, who wants to pay $40 for a handheld game when the iPhone has cheaper alternatives?"

"Wii has too many casual games. Wii U had better go after the core gamer!"

So why do people think handhelds should only cater to casual gamers, while consoles should only cater to core gamers? Can't we have both? Why is it just one or the other? No wonder the industry is so fragmented.

Also, what is it that developers look for in a console? Graphics? Sales? Cause the Wii had the most sales, yet it got the least support.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Aviator

May I ask who said these quotes?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

LordTendoboy

Aviator wrote:

May I ask who said these quotes?

It's stuff I pick up on when I read articles on Joystiq and GoNintendo. It seems people in the industry are divided on where it is heading.

On one hand, you have people who praise the iPhone for catering to casual gamers. On the other hand, you have people who ridicule the Wii for the very same thing, saying that the PS3/Xbox 360 are better cause they have more core games. The PSP had tons of core games, yet people chose the DS over it. So that's where I came up with my assumption that people prefer casual games on handhelds and people prefer core games on consoles.

Why is this? Why is the industry so divided?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

GameLord08

The ones who say that are obviously either of very little intelligence or of very little experience in the gaming field. I apologise, but it just has to be said.

Let's just cut to their chase. The thing is, handhelds are the sort of pick-and-go consoles that people just pick up when they're unoccupied, so more 'gamers' are rather stuck in their proposition to buy those beep-bop-boop kinda casual stuff.

Whereas, when it comes to consoles, that's the big bang on the TV where you actually have the time to SIT and kill. So more people gravitate to the 'hardcore' stuff as it's more preferred looking at how it's used.

Basically, that's what I think of it. As you can probably notice, I'm using quite colloquially abnormal terms to explain my point - I'm sorry. I just woke up and need tea.

GameLord08

theblackdragon

What I'm starting to not get, tendoboy1984, is why you've been starting brand new threads every time you want to discuss something lately, even when you created the original only a short while ago. Your original 'handheld gaming vs. smartphones' thread is here. Please use it to continue this discussion.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.