Forums

Topic: How will SOPA affect video game review/forum sites?

Posts 221 to 240 of 241

k8sMum

for what percentage of the population is china 'not bad at all' to live in? you are australian, aren't you? if you like an unfree internet, moving to china is probably best for you.

don't think that freedoms can't be nibbled away bit by bit, often starting out innocuously. it has been happening here in the states for some time now; if the republicans gain the office of the white house it will become rampant.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Ryno

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Where's a tin foil hat picture when you need one?

Where's a sheeple picture when you need one?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

theblackdragon

guys, we're teetering very close to a political argument. if we could shy away from that and keep this thread focused on these various internet bills, that would be awesome. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Progamer

US money is big like euros

3ds FC 1633- 4211- 8833
Add me if you want to play! Proud owner of a cosmo black 3ds!
In any situation, give me a gun and give me a chair, I will chuck it at you, if you dare!

Bankai

don't think that freedoms can't be nibbled away bit by bit, often starting out innocuously

True story: Only Americans give a crap about having 100% freedoms.

this is what i'm talking about with politics. keep insults like this middle paragraph out of this thread please, they are unnecessary -- TBD

I see no logical argument where that same philosophy shouldn't be applied to the Internet. Freedom should be "the right to do as I want as long as it doesn't impact on the livelihood of someone else." Not "duuur I wanna download free movies."

Edited on by theblackdragon

komicturtle

l think someone needs to learn the move: Empathy.

You can even learn it technically, without some machine.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

Chrono_Cross

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Not "duuur I wanna download free movies."

Not everyone who watches Youtube videos on LPs, reviews, trailers, etc. duuuuur downloads free movies.

It's feels like this: Remember in grade school when Jimmy through food at Austin and it started a little food fight? Then everyone in the lunchroom had assigned sits for the rest of the year? I do. A fraction of the people who use the internet to download a game illegally or a bunch of music to their Ipod ruined it for the rest of us. Which is comparable to being treated like a bunch of 10 year olds in Elementary.

Which isn't freedom but rather discipline.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Aviator

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Not "duuur I wanna download free movies."

Not everyone who watches Youtube videos on LPs, reviews, trailers, etc. duuuuur downloads free movies.

It's feels like this: Remember in grade school when Jimmy through food at Austin and it started a little food fight? Then everyone in the lunchroom had assigned sits for the rest of the year? I do. A fraction of the people who use the internet to download a game illegally or a bunch of music to their Ipod ruined it for the rest of us. Which is comparable to being treated like a bunch of 10 year olds in Elementary.

Which isn't freedom but rather discipline.

Then not everybody will be affected.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Chrono_Cross

According to SOPA everyone will be punished for other people's actions. = Piracy

Thanks Jimmy and Austin for making the rest of us (kids who didn't do anything wrong), suffer for the rest of the year.

Just for you.

Aviator

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

According to SOPA everyone will be punished for other people's actions. = Piracy

Thanks Jimmy and Austin for making the rest of us (kids who didn't do anything wrong), suffer for the rest of the year.

But the non-pirates won't be punished because they're not pirates?

If your not doing something, are you punished for getting it taken away from you?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Chrono_Cross

You're not getting what I'm trying to say. I thought my reference would be ace.

SOPA will block many websites and take away the freedom to even talk about licensed material here in the U.S. For whats going to affect ME has nothing to do with piracy as I have never done it. But because of pirates I won't be able to talk about video games on my blog/Youtube account nor read/watch anyone else's views (Not even IGN's).

The main reason SOPA wants to go into affect, is because of piracy. Do you understand why I'm going to "suffer" if this thing passes? I'm an innocent little boy.

Just for you.

komicturtle

I got what VJ said instantly since it has happened to me many times

Someone does something that ruins it for everyone else- most who had nothing to do with it.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

FOREST_RANGER

Ahh yes, the beauty of arguments and controversies

We should remember that the U.S. government is in a tricky balance between capitalism and people's welfare. Another important point is that the United States sets one of its main foundation to be freedom of speech and have citizens in power. I don't care how flawed or unflawed it is; it's part of the U.S. and people were raised with that ideology.
I promise this is my last politics reply.

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

Percentful

Is there even a likely chance they'll get passed? A lot of major corporations eh google eh are fighting it, but would that make a difference?

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

The_Fox

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

This is like those people that like to claim China is a terrible place to live. It's not bad at all. And look, they don't have a free Internet. Holy crap?

The Chinese brothers running the gas station across the street from where I work might like to talk to you seeing as how they and their parents are adherents of Falun Gong.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Exal

Its funny how Lamar failed so many times. But, its unfair for some douche wanting our liberty taken away and get more money off it.

Wii U: Lyndexer

Nintendo Network ID: Lyndexer | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.