Forums

Topic: How will SOPA affect video game review/forum sites?

Posts 141 to 160 of 241

Gamesake

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

What on earth makes you think you have a right to access copyrighted materials for free?

My library card?

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Freedom is a ruinous concept, and freedom is the real enemy to civilization.

...in my pants.

Bankai

I think I just figured it out! WhiteMage75 knocked the stupidity out of me and now I see the light.

The American Government wants to take our arts from us. This is because they saw Equilibrium and realized that is how life should be!

Quick, someone call Christian Bale!

It amazes me how paranoid these freedom fighters are. The evil corporations are out to get me. The evil Governments are out to get me. They want to stop me watching movies and going to art galleries. They want to shut down the Internets. Dey is watching me right now

Aviator

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

I think I just figured it out! WhiteMage75 knocked the stupidity out of me and now I see the light.

The American Government wants to take our arts from us. This is because they saw Equilibrium and realized that is how life should be!

Quick, someone call Christian Bale!

It amazes me how paranoid these freedom fighters are. The evil corporations are out to get me. The evil Governments are out to get me. They want to stop me watching movies and going to art galleries. They want to shut down the Internets. Dey is watching me right now

Institution... That whole English module is coming back to me...

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

JayArr

SOPA blackouts helped cause at least 10 members of Senate to withdrawl support.

Phone calls and e-mail messages poured in to Congressional offices against the Stop Online Piracy Act in the House and the Protect I.P. Act in the Senate. One by one, prominent backers of the bills dropped off.

First, Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, a rising Republican star, took to Facebook, one of the vehicles for promoting opposition, to renounce a bill he had co-sponsored. Senator John Cornyn of Texas, who leads the G.O.P.’s Senate campaign efforts, used Facebook to urge his colleagues to slow the bill down. Senator Jim DeMint, Republican of South Carolina and a Tea Party favorite, announced his opposition on Twitter, which was already boiling over with anti-#SOPA and #PIPA fever.

Then trickle turned to flood — adding Senators Mark Kirk of Illinois and Roy Blunt of Missouri, and Representatives Lee Terry of Nebraska and Ben Quayle of Arizona. At least 10 senators and nearly twice that many House members announced their opposition.

“Thanks for all the calls, e-mails, and tweets. I will be opposing #SOPA and #PIPA,” Senator Jeff Merkley, Democrat of Oregon, wrote in a Twitter message. Late Wednesday, Senator Charles E. Grassley of Iowa, the senior Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, withdrew his support for a bill he helped write.

"The existing bill “needs more due diligence, analysis and substantial changes,” he said in a statement.

Source: NY Times

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

shingi_70

one Kate is better than Pippa.

two i paid for itunes match yesterday when i went to buy el camino and the bee roots album. now all my pirated music is now legal.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Shirma_Akayaku

I was exagerating a bit to much earlier. btw
PIPA - PROTECT IP Act
SOPA - Stop Online Piracy Act
I was over reacting to the current situation.
I very sorry.
on the other hand you can look at how fox news is annoying by spreading a stupid rumor about hollywood vs silicon valley
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1398329296001/wikipedia-blackout/

here is somthing from wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:SOPA_initiative/Learn_...
I keep hearing that this is a fight between Hollywood and Silicon Valley. Is that true?
No. Some people are characterizing it that way, probably in an effort to imply all the participants are motivated by commercial self-interest. But it's obviously not that simple; the public has a huge stake in how the Internet operates, beyond commercial Internet sites or commercial entertainment. As a non-profit, user-generated project, we run the fifth most-viewed site in the world. Unlike Hollywood and Silicon Valley, Wikipedia has no financial stake in SOPA and PIPA: we do not benefit from copyright infringement, nor are we trying to monetize traffic or sell ads. Wikipedia, and other non-profit, community-generated sites, exist to freely share knowledge, without infringing on intellectual property rights. We are protesting to protect your rights. We're on your side.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

RoyalBlur

Untitled

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

komicturtle

lol Which is why SOPA needs to be heavily revised. Uploading a song for people to download, I understand. But being arrested just because your video had MJ music in the background thanks to a passing car.. Or something. Thinking about it, it'd be hilarious.

komicturtle

Aviator

RoyalBlur wrote:

Untitled

Pretty sure that it's illegal now isn't it.
Also Komic, unless you have permission to use that music, ( its I think 6+ seconds of playing the song and you have to pay for it) you're not allowed to upload content that isn't yours.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

RoyalBlur

It looks as if our JUST cause has gained strength! Check it out! http://www.propublica.org/nerds/item/sopa-opera-update
Untitled

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

theblackdragon

Aviator wrote:

its I think 6+ seconds of playing the song and you have to pay for it

actually, this article here about the music of 'Wicked' mentions a seven-note rule regarding copyright law. i'm not sure if that's the exact same situation as this, but six seconds' worth or a song sounds excessive in terms of being legally allowed to sample it or modify it for new use without credit or royalties paid to the original author.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Bankai

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

lol Which is why SOPA needs to be heavily revised. Uploading a song for people to download, I understand. But being arrested just because your video had MJ music in the background thanks to a passing car.. Or something. Thinking about it, it'd be hilarious.

You do know how many people will lose their jobs if production companies lose the right to royalties, right?

Very lol indeed.

Hokori

Aviator wrote:

WhiteMage75 wrote:

SOPA and PIPA are complete idiots.

Didn't know they were people. Maybe I can add them on facebook?

well the people of SOPA are people so.....
anyway SOPA IS BAD AND IM PROTESTING IT ON MONDAY, at school. (because we have off on tuesday)

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

WolfRamHeart

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

You do know how many people will lose their jobs if production companies lose the right to royalties, right?

Very lol indeed.

You know what I find truly "lol" is how you can actually support these bills and scumbags like Rupert Murdoch who support this garbage.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

V8_Ninja

WolfRamHeart wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Very lol indeed.

You know what I find truly "lol" is how you can actually support these bills and scumbags like Rupert Murdoch who support this garbage.

WaltzElf already said that he was against SOPA. The only thing he liked about it was that it had the right intentions.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Bankai

WolfRamHeart wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

Very lol indeed.

Explain how I support SOPA.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.