General Discussion Forum

Topic: how did you find this site?

Showing 181 to 198 of 198

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

181. Posted:

I went to VC-Reviews (and then WiiWare World) a lot during the VC's heyday, and I just followed along when they fused everything into Nintendo Life.

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

182. Posted:

Malkeor wrote:

Then I also found it it was THE perfect place for Nintendo fans in general.
I go here constantly, not just for news but to browse the forums almost every day.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

BlueAce127

183. Posted:

I first found this site by searching for Nintendo news. Now I use it for the forums! :)

Edited on by BlueAce127

Nintendo Enthusiast

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4126-8318-7101 (Defunct)
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 (Mario Kart 7 online races; days posted as Friend List status)
Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127 (3DS-only for now, Wii U soon)

You can find me on: YouTube

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127

AuthorMessage

pntjr

184. Posted:

I was a viewer since late 2010 when it was my 2nd year in college. I had always been a huge Nintendo nerd, but when the 3DS was announced, I wasn't that thrilled. But when I found out that good titles were going to be on the system, I had to find out a website that had 3DS news/reviews. I found NintendoLife, however I didn't join until April 2011 (actually on my birthday).

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage

Drobotic

185. Posted:

Read a review and saw some of the forums and wanted to join in.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,MLP:FiM,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: Bubblenom

AuthorMessage

Birthday_Boy

186. Posted:

I wanted to look for a full list of DSiware games. And BAM. I found this place. Today I could care less to whatever happened to DSiware.
I quit Joystiq for this site along the way. Nintendo dedicated sites have 98% less trolls.

Edited on by Birthday_Boy

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

187. Posted:

I put this on the other thread before it got locked, so I might as well transfer it. Not to mention it has relevance because of today's date.

I found it when my Kid Icarus: Uprising craze started in late 2011. I was searching every single site that had even the slightest info on the game, this being one of them. After the hype went away, I still hung around here, unlike just about every other gaming site I visited. And exactly one year from today (just check actually, how ironic) I joined. And it's been a fun time here ever since. :)

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

OracleOfTruth

188. Posted:

@WingedFish - Happy 1 year anniversary! :)

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

189. Posted:

Jeez, I don't remember, all I remember is that I joined within the same day or within a little while of finding the site. It's baffling to think I've been here for almost a year now(even though I was inactive most of that time because of other stuff).
Same with the Backloggery.
But you'll find you remember the who long after you've forgotten the what, after all.

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

190. Posted:

I found this wonderful place when I was looking for wii u news after it had been announced. I liked the community, and now here I am.

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

PKNoUsernameHere

191. Posted:

Found it on a animal crossing:New leaf craze back in 2012

Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Top 5 games: Pokemon HeartGold, Earthbound, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Metroid

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

192. Posted:

Here's what I put on my thread before it got locked:
I had been a Pikmin fan for quite a while (since the second game came out) so I tried to find a site with news about Pikmin 3. However, since there wasn't much news about the game itself, I found Nintendolife's Wii U section near the starting of this year. After lurking for a while, I joined in June.
Edit: Oops, it's not "this year anymore". I found the site in early 2012

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

ogo79

193. Posted:

been following since vc reviews

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

ueI

194. Posted:

Being an import download, it is hard to find any information on DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure. Hoping to learn what kind of game it is, I searched online and came across the wonderful VC Reviews. I discovered Nintendolife when the sites merged. Best April Fools prank ever.

Droggeljug

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

195. Posted:

How come I've never seen this before? Nice to see some of the Nintendolifers I chat with regularly leaving how they got here.

Personally I got a dsixl a year before the 3DS launched and decided to use my 2000 nintendo points card on the XL to get Dragon Quest Wars. I began looking for what to use the other 1500 on and given all the sites I looked at, this one reviewed the games the best. So I stopped lingering around IGN which was annoying me and started lingering around here. Finally joining after my 18th birthday in case of a possible age restriction and parental permission thing. I've been here enjoying the community and reviews sense then. I have no reason to look for info else where any more, as the best stuff comes here.

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

196. Posted:

Well, I had just gotten my limited edition Zelda 3DS (gloat). I was curious about the eshop, mainly because it was the first Nintendo Download store I had seen (having never owned DSi). Having grown up in a small town in Quebec (where all tech came a bit late, the prices were jacked up a lot, and English being taught with minimal effort in schools), it was also my first venture into the actual world of the Internet (if that makes any sense).

So, first time getting a gaming device with actual online, I went into the eshop and saw the expensive games. Keep in mind, this was before all the awesome games came out, so it was mostly dsiware and expensive stuff I didn't know about. I got interested in a DSiWare game, so I looked up reviews. Nintendo Life was the first that popped up.

Then, I saw the site had news for WiiU. I bookmarked the page and stuff, and I eventually discovered that the site had an actual "home page." I clicked it and saw the awesome news posts and stuff. Then, I noticed that little forum box in the corner. I clicked it, expecting the low-level standards of IGN, and found that the community was actually really nice. I made my account a few days later (and joined the herd two days after ;))

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Intrepid

197. Posted:

I just googled "nintendo news". Not only were there tons of interesting articles to read, but the community is so well mannered and does not bash people like trolls. So basically, it is the complete opposite of IGN. :)

Support the localization of Ace Attorney Investigations 2!
My Zeldaloggery
Diehard Accel World fan! Check it out here.
“Incarnation isn’t about desire! It’s about hope!” – Haruyuki Arita

AuthorMessage

gekslupis

198. Posted:

I found this site while searching for interesting articles on nintendo games in my programming class

Good day
<link href=http://backloggery.com/epicgamer9623>Backloggery</link>