Forums

Topic: highly-rated games you didn't like

Posts 61 to 67 of 67

MetalMario

7 long years Melee was my "default" game. Had nothing to play, popped in Melee.

EDIT: Of course, I do that for Brawl, too...

Edited on by MetalMario

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Sean_Aaron

grenworthshero wrote:

As for Okami...I don't know. It's not a bad game, it's just not my thing. Even though it's very much like Zelda in many ways...I still just didn't get too much into it. I played it for hours at a time, and then it just got old.

That was exactly my problem with it: too much like Zelda, and I've played Zelda so I don't feel a need to play it again! But that doesn't mean I hated it; I just didn't want to continue with it. I played it for a few hours and said "thanks, I've seen enough."

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

the_shpydar

Bahamut+ZERO wrote:

3) People who own/have beaten and had the full experience of the game. These people found some enjoyment to be found, however could not really see what all the fuss was about. These people are very similar to Group #2 in feelings toward the actual game, but the main difference is with these people the following isn't that big of a deal so they'll express their feelings on the actual game.

That's the general gist. Most of you fall into either 1 or 2, I fall into 3. I'm not trying to say"Halo is the best!!!" like a certain idiot on the last page, but rather convince you that it's not bad. It's just average. Run-of-the-mill. Bland. Nothing special. Basic. Boring. But not bad.

I'm of the same mind. I've owned both Halo 2 and Halo 3, played both all the way through and got some time in on multiplayer. To say the game "sucks" is just plain wrong. But yeah, it does nothing for me, and i never understood the super-hype the games received. I would play them and think "Okay, aside from the graphics, how is this game better than Perfect Dark or Golden Eye? Why is everyone nuts over this game?"

Bahamut+ZERO wrote:

3) Star Wars: The Clone Wars is bad, Halo is not.

Hey, The Clone Wars game isn't ... umm ... okay, never mind. Not even my extreme Star Wars fanboyism can deny that. =)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Kid_A

I never did understand why Halo was such a big deal. It's not a bad game, just not nearly as mind-blowing as everyone made it out to be.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

grenworthshero

the+shpydar wrote:

Hey, The Clone Wars game isn't ... umm ... okay, never mind. Not even my extreme Star Wars fanboyism can deny that. =)

Wait, are you talking about the newest one, or the one for GCN. I liked the GCN one. It was a lot like Rogue Squadron.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

LzWinky

I didn't think Brawl was as good as it was hyped, but it was still good

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Kid_A

Bahamut+ZERO wrote:

You see, Halo dislikers fall (generally) into either one of three categories:

1) Doesn't own it, but hates the following it has and everything it represents to the industry, especially it's fanboys. Hatred based not off the game, but other reasons, similar to how people hate FFVII, because the fanboys piss them off.

2) People who have played it at a friends, got bored, or isn't into FPS in the first place. These people lack the full experience to make a proper judgment (ex-played only one level of campaign or a few rounds of a single gametype). They don't hate it, they just aren't into it, however for the same reasons as Group #1, they hate the following so they say they hate the game, even when they just don't care for it. So, if Halo wasn't a well-known game, these people wouldn't say they hate it, only not cared for it.

3) People who own/have beaten and had the full experience of the game. These people found some enjoyment to be found, however could not really see what all the fuss was about. These people are very similar to Group #2 in feelings toward the actual game, but the main difference is with these people the following isn't that big of a deal so they'll express their feelings on the actual game.

That's the general gist. Most of you fall into either 1 or 2, I fall into 3. I'm not trying to say"Halo is the best!!!" like a certain idiot on the last page, but rather convince you that it's not bad. It's just average. Run-of-the-mill. Bland. Nothing special. Basic. Boring. But not bad. Star Wars: The Clone Wars is bad, Halo is not.

Custom Games are the shit though

Yeah I bought it and just was genuinely unimpressed. It's not bad--in fact it's pretty good, just not great. It's pretty boring actually. Multiplayer is fun, but I didn't think that it was any more fun then Goldeneye or Perfect Dark. I actually had more fun with Red Steel's multiplayer if I'm being brutally honest.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.