Forums

Topic: Hey guys and gals, I'm back and guess what I did?

Posts 21 to 33 of 33

LordJumpMad

Walcome Back.

Now get back to Work!

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

The_Fox

Congratulations! I always love a heart warming story around the holidays. I've always been a wrestling fan, so this is doubly awesome to hear.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Corbs

Good for you Rowdy. That's very uplifting and you should be very proud of yourself. Congrats.

Plain old gamer :)

the_shpydar

Awesome, Rowdy. Big congrats. Not only great that you're able to get back in there for one more run, but also to give some rub to the younger guys, which is sorely lacking in the "majors" of the business these days. Sweet.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Congratulations!

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Sylverstone

RowdyRodimus wrote:

I don't have a digital camera right now, but here's a link that shows what the belt looks like (I guess they ordered it through these guys)

http://topropebelts.com/gallery/classic-style-wrestling-belts...

My nieces haven't seen me since I won it and they are coming for their Christmas tonight and staying til tomorrow, so I have it under the tree for them to see when they get here. They know what wrestling is and that I used to do it before they were born (they thought I was getting hurt when they saw the tapes and asked me if that was why I was sick (as we said to the oldest about my stroke) so I had to smarten them up pretty quick. Even though she is smart to the business, my mom still refuses to go. I guess I do my job well to convince her I'm hurt lol) and that I started up again, so when they see that I won a "big shiny belt" as the oldest says about championships they'll go through the roof.

If they are like my ex's kids, when they see it the first thing they'll want to do is try it on and get pictures, so I guess I need to go get a camera. It's weird. I'm really superstitious and won't let any adults wear my belts (not even my mom, dad or brother) but I'll let kids wear them anytime until I officially lose them, then they can wear them (if I get to keep it, just depends on the promoter really). That reminds me, when I get a chance I'll take a shot at my wall of belts I have. There's six that I won and are real title belts (4-8 mm plates) and 4 replica belts that I've bought over the years and one REAL 80's-90's era WWF IC belt I got from a former IC champ that kept "mysteriously" having their belt stolen (to get extras so they could sell the others or trade them for other things).

But yeah, check that link. It's not the best looking belt in the world, but damn am I proud of it (even though I know I didn't win it and it was just given to me- that's just in case anyone wants to tell me wrestling isn't a competitive sport, in case I didn't know lol).

Wow, a real IC belt?! I'm totally marking out now. Snap some pics, good man!

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

CowLaunch

What the heck?!
I didn't sign up for this kind of diverse and overachieving online community.
Random. Now I feel inadequate.

CowLaunch

RowdyRodimus

KaiserGX wrote:

You got a special or favorite move?

I've used a lot of finishers, submission-wise my favorite is the Texas Cloverleaf because the psychology of it is that it hurts the legs and back and the opponent needs their arms healthy and strong to escape, so pretty much everything from an arm bar (Chris Jericho hold #106, that's for Y2Josh lol) to a body slam to a hurricanrana (not that I could ever do one lol) works on the level of wearin g a body part down to make it believable. My favorite non-submission finisher is the snap DDT (like Jake the Snake used, not the setup move they use now) just because it comes out of nowhere and looks and sounds devastating.

I've always been really big on psychology in ring work. Flashy moves are great and will get a quick pop, but having a good work rate and being able to tell a story in the ring will get you more notice and respect from the real fans (IE, those that don't just jump on the bandwagon when wrestling is hot, like the nWo/Attitude era) and to put it bluntly and hopefully not upset anyone here, but put more money in your pocket.

Since I'm going to start working as an agent, I've started trying to explain that to the younger guys that I work with and for the benefit (of those with flash photography lol) who want to be a wrestler or know someone that does, here's what I always say to the guys: "Why am I using these moves and do they make sense to the story we're trying to tell?" Basically, what that means is like this; if I have a guy down from a headbutt (weak move) does it make sense for me to run to the corner, climb the turnbuckles and go for a diving move (I've seen this lot's of times in indie matches) or does it make more sense to drop a knee on them to weaken them more?

The diving move might get a quick pop from the crowd, but the time it takes compared to why the guy is down doesn't equate in real life. If you go for reality, 9 times out of 10 you'll get the crowd more into it because, well, it just seems more real. It's like 80's WWF vs. 80's NWA, WWF might have been more well known with it's cartoon like characters, but the NWA seemed more real and had a more devoted fanbase- even back then people would say "Yeah WWF is fake, but the NWA is real".

Why do I feel like I'm giving a lecture? LOL

I am the one you despise. I am he who says what you really deep down know but are affraid to admit. I am the Anti-Fanboy, the crusader of truth in a world built on your lies.

Sylverstone

RowdyRodimus wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

You got a special or favorite move?

I've used a lot of finishers, submission-wise my favorite is the Texas Cloverleaf because the psychology of it is that it hurts the legs and back and the opponent needs their arms healthy and strong to escape, so pretty much everything from an arm bar (Chris Jericho hold #106, that's for Y2Josh lol) to a body slam to a hurricanrana (not that I could ever do one lol) works on the level of wearin g a body part down to make it believable. My favorite non-submission finisher is the snap DDT (like Jake the Snake used, not the setup move they use now) just because it comes out of nowhere and looks and sounds devastating.

I've always been really big on psychology in ring work. Flashy moves are great and will get a quick pop, but having a good work rate and being able to tell a story in the ring will get you more notice and respect from the real fans (IE, those that don't just jump on the bandwagon when wrestling is hot, like the nWo/Attitude era) and to put it bluntly and hopefully not upset anyone here, but put more money in your pocket.

Since I'm going to start working as an agent, I've started trying to explain that to the younger guys that I work with and for the benefit (of those with flash photography lol) who want to be a wrestler or know someone that does, here's what I always say to the guys: "Why am I using these moves and do they make sense to the story we're trying to tell?" Basically, what that means is like this; if I have a guy down from a headbutt (weak move) does it make sense for me to run to the corner, climb the turnbuckles and go for a diving move (I've seen this lot's of times in indie matches) or does it make more sense to drop a knee on them to weaken them more?

The diving move might get a quick pop from the crowd, but the time it takes compared to why the guy is down doesn't equate in real life. If you go for reality, 9 times out of 10 you'll get the crowd more into it because, well, it just seems more real. It's like 80's WWF vs. 80's NWA, WWF might have been more well known with it's cartoon like characters, but the NWA seemed more real and had a more devoted fanbase- even back then people would say "Yeah WWF is fake, but the NWA is real".

Why do I feel like I'm giving a lecture? LOL

Texas Cloverleaf..... Didn't Dean Malenko use that too?

And awesome, you quoted one of Chris Jericho's 1004 holds! (ARMBAR!)

Also, that makes me understand how I've seen so many flashy moves in the indies.

Edited on by Sylverstone

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

ToadFan

Wow that's an amazing story. Great job and keep up the work.
@CowLaunch: I haven't seen you in forever.

ToadFan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.