Forums

Topic: Hey everybody, let's beat up the new guy!

Posts 41 to 48 of 48

Noire

Ravage wrote:

Where was my tour, huh?! You were never there for me!

dooooood i'm always up for giving after-the-fact tours D:

lol this makes me want to do a 'tour of nintendolife' thread

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

LuWiiGi

ByDarwinsBeard wrote:

OK, you guys are awesome. If I didn't know better I'd think I was back at the Dose.

Thank you, you're awesome too. I joined not too long ago and I agree that this is the friendliest gaming community around.

No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

WarioWare: DIY: FC - 0904 7088 3011
Favourite users: PunnyGuy, StarBoy91, cloudcult10, Xkhaoz, Dragoon, DannyBoy, NintyFan, NintendoPurist, Sadman, Wooperman1, Golgo, GamesX99, turtlelink. The rest of you are cool too, though.

theblackdragon

PhoenixAran wrote:

lol this makes me want to do a 'tour of nintendolife' thread

DOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIT

well, maybe... it'd better be a darn good tour, at least >:3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

JohnWalrus

I love you already! Welcome to our little community! I'm the neighborhood creeper... hug.

What's your favorite genre of games?

"I will destroy everything! I will create a monument to non-existence!"~Kefka Palazzo (FFVI)
Backloggery

ByDarwinsBeard

JohnWalrus wrote:

What's your favorite genre of games?

Well, i guess it would be quicker to list the genres I'm least fond of, being hyper realistic sports and racing games. For those types of games I prefer a more arcade-like style gameplay, the big exception on the sports end being golf games. In general, I play for fun and I'm not all that competitive so when I play multiplayer games I prefer an element of randomness and an increase in chaos. For instance, in Smash Bros. I always have all items on and frequency set to high (unless someone I'm playing with requests otherwise), and the only time I play Final Destination is either when someone requests it, or when it gets selected at random. I don't really care if i lose because someone got a hold of better items than me, the final score isn't why I'm playing.

I also tend to eschew first person shooter games, especially those based on warfare, not that there's anything wrong with those games per se, just that there are so many of them and so many still being made, and few of them offer anything truly new and creative, just an endless slew of nearly identical games.

And that really gets to the crux of it, I greatly favor originality and personality in my games. If a game breaks established game design philosophies, or has a voice all it's own, than it's going to get my attention, regardless of genre. I just love it when a game does something I've never seen before.

So yeah, I love video games.

Edited on by ByDarwinsBeard

I believe our future depends powerfully on how well we understand this cosmos,
in which we float like a mote of dust in the morning sky.
-Carl Sagan

PSN/XBL: ByDarwinsBeard
Monster Hunter Tri - Name: Panza - ID: NG5FJA

Macaronius

Greetings, oh atheistic one.
I don't mean to criticize, but there should be an apostrophe between 'Darwin' and 'S'.
Eep, I shouldn't have said that

Edited on by Macaronius

*Hunt the Hare and turn her down the rocky road
all the way to Dublin, Whack follol de rah!*

ByDarwinsBeard

ProtoZone wrote:

I don't mean to criticize, but there should be an apostrophe between 'Darwin' and 'S'.

Yeah, if I was trying to be grammatically correct. But I wanted a single screen name I can use on everything but few services allow punctuation in screen names.
Which is also why it's all one word with no spaces.

I believe our future depends powerfully on how well we understand this cosmos,
in which we float like a mote of dust in the morning sky.
-Carl Sagan

PSN/XBL: ByDarwinsBeard
Monster Hunter Tri - Name: Panza - ID: NG5FJA

Macaronius

ByDarwinsBeard wrote:

ProtoZone wrote:

Yeah, if I was trying to be grammatically correct. But I wanted a single screen name I can use on everything but few services allow punctuation in screen names.
Which is also why it's all one word with no spaces.

I was joking in the first place.
Yes, I have a strange sense of humor.

*Hunt the Hare and turn her down the rocky road
all the way to Dublin, Whack follol de rah!*

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.