Forums

Topic: Health Warnings Could Appear on Video Games

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

komicturtle

http://wii.ign.com/articles/114/1146313c.html

Really pathetic. So, I guess taking care of your virtual family in The Sims [3] games lead to aggressive behavior? See how misleading this is.

Plus, I'm sure 'people' themselves are the cause of aggressive behavior. I mean, it is for me. I can't stand people sometimes. But it's not like I'll flip out easily at someone who pees me off. Nor do I have Smash Bros. or shooting people in the head like CoD on my mind when I'm in a little dispute with someone.

And I don't know why this sad man is targetting video games, instead, should be targeting movies. The ESRB is CLEARLY displayed and is one of the first things you see on the cover of video game box arts compared to the movie boxes where you kinda have to squint and look sometimes. If the parent is stupid, that's their problem, not Microsoft's, Nintendo's, Capcom's, Sony's, Rockstar's, etc. problem.

Oh, and this research- did anyone notice how they never provide a 'link' or tell you where to look for this information? They always say "according to research in [insert place here]". Nintendo and other corporations often provide the source and information they have 'researched'. I suppose it's a confidentiality thing, but you don't need to name every person's name and whatnot. Just seems sketchy to me, really.

I have a feeling this guy along with the 'researchers' are butthurt about people talking about Call of Duty Black Ops and other popular games and not 'Twilight New Moon [movie]'. Oh, and that's according to 'research' in my house in New Hampshire

Silly morons. Always need to single out video games because they're more popular than your boring political nonsense that I have no interest in. Oh, and I personally believe Sports lead to aggressive behavior more than video games, but I don't believe that statement represents every sports fan like these people say about a majority of us gamers.

komicturtle

Raylax

I can live with that. It's one sentence that appears on the game boot-up with the rest of the epilepsy 'wear your wriststrap' warnings. It's not like it's going to flash up every single time you score a headshot. "WELL DONE! BUT DID YOU KNOW YOU COULD BE BECOMING MORE VIOLENT?"

Achievement Unlocked! Became a violent yob. +50G

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

komicturtle

It just bothers me how stupid people are...

And I'm going to go into the Gaming Industry and majoring in Game Art and I really don't want BS like this keeping controlling and ignorant parents from buying potentially awesome games I have been involved
Not that I'm guaranteeing anything, though

And you're right. I believe he tried to do something similar last year and got shot down by gamers and the ESA because he just didn't have enough 'evidence'. I'm pretty sure he went to court with no solid 'research information' he keeps boasting about

komicturtle

HeroOfTime007

Why T-rated games?

"I have a feeling this guy along with the 'researchers' are butthurt about people talking about Call of Duty Black Ops and other popular games and not 'Twilight New Moon [movie]'. ". Always need to single out video games because they're more popular than your boring political nonsense"

What? Nope.

"And I don't know why this sad man "
Just because he is doing this doesnt make him a sad or pathetic man.
"Oh, and this research- did anyone notice how they never provide a 'link' or tell you where to look for this information? They always say "according to research in [insert place here]". "
IGN is not giving a link. You could simply look up the pediatrics journal.

Edited on by HeroOfTime007

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

komicturtle

HeroOfTime007 wrote:

Why T-rated games?

Because games like Goldeneye 007 has guns and some 'blood' and stuff... But most shooters are 'M' and those T games are mostly RPGs and Fighting games. There are people who fight but not because they played Super Street Fighter IV...

HeroOfTime007 wrote:

"I have a feeling this guy along with the 'researchers' are butthurt about people talking about Call of Duty Black Ops and other popular games and not 'Twilight New Moon [movie]'. ". Always need to single out video games because they're more popular than your boring political nonsense that I have no interest in."

What?

..... What? It's just a silly comment....

HeroOfTime007 wrote:

". "
IGN is not giving a link. You could simply look up the pediatrics journal.

It's not really up to IGN, as the guys ACTUALLY says that in 'quotations'. The guy could have provided a website or something to lead us to the 'research' he is talking about directly. People here on the forums and internet don't 'believe' what you type unless you actually lead them to the place you get your information/research from.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

HeroOfTime007

I think the games have made you violent and agressive. Sit in the corner

Edited on by HeroOfTime007

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

komicturtle

HeroOfTime007 wrote:

I think the games have made you violent and agressive. Sit in the corner

No u

komicturtle

Joetherocker

Guy's an imbecile. The end.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

LzWinky

Four words:

Entertainment
Software
Rating
Board

'Nuff said

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LordJumpMad

Can't not Stop myself from FACEPLAM*

Health and Warnings have been around since The Super Nintendo and Genesis days.
But in The Booklet, if any really read them.

But, yet again, we're making a big deal, out of notting

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

SpentAllMyTokens

The same has been said about TV, music, whatever.

I don't know about any research with games, but I do remember a study in psychology class that showed when preschoolers. were shown a movie of people hitting a clown, they would then act violently towards a boppo doll or someone in a clown suit. If they were shown a film of someone being nice, they would be nice. I can't remember the actual name of the study though, unfortunately, but it's pretty famous, so it could probably be googled. It's important to remember that they were PRESCHOOLERS, so all this really says is PRESCHOOLERS probably shouldn't be playing Call of Duty, because they're brains haven't developed enough yet to distinguish between fake/reality/right/wrong all on their own yet. Duh.

There have also been studies showing correlation between violent TV/violent-antisocial behavior, but correlation does not equal causation. Maybe children with violent tendencies are more attracted to violent programs, or maybe there's a third factor causing both (ex. neglectful parents, adhd, etc.). Nobody knows. I don't see any reason to scare parents any more than we already do about everything, when really, as long as they are basically involved with their children's lives, and provide boundaries and restrictions where necessary, there's no issue.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.