General Discussion Forum

Topic: Have you ever played Wii while being drunk?

Showing 41 to 60 of 75

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SwerdMurd

41. Posted:

First night I got the Wii, I brought it downtown to a buddy's house at campus...drunk bowling was phenomenal. The whole "launch-time-Wii memories collection" are among the fondest ever...seeing that many drunk college kids from all walks queueing up at the TV all night...and just generally the social facilitation that occurred as a result of that thing being in the living room that night...such a good time. And yeah, alcohol contributed in spades to the enjoyment achieved. Not that I'm a huge drinker....Although if I could stomach it more, I probably would be :D Weak stomach ftl...

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Metang

42. Posted:

Of course, I've still never played Wii while drunk, being too young to do so.

Images speak louder than words.
YouTube: TheLegendaryPirate
Email: e.123.omega.0@gmail.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JoeDiddley

43. Posted:

I hardly ever drink. My girlfriend hardly ever plays games.
Every coupla months we drink together & play Boom Blox!

My Backloggery -
3DS: 5327 0913 7260

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OldBoy

44. Posted:

I rarely get drunk these days (prefer to be high instead :D) but playing stuff like Wii sports etc is great when drunk with friends (I never drink on my own) so yeah ,Drunken Wii FTW :P

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adamant

45. Posted:

Absolutely. Great fun, at least if you choose the right games. Racing games and FPSs are always a winner, Smash Bros and Wii Sports alike, and Singstar was more or less MADE to be played while drunk. Someone mentioned Guitar Hero, but I disagree about that - it requires too much focus and presicion, and you just end up missing stuff. I also made te mistake of attempting Castlevania 4 while drunk - starting from the dungeon level. The game proceeded to kick my ass pretty quick, and I quickly decided this was not a good idea.

And yeah - kids, stay out of this thread and let the adults discuss in peace, eh?

Adamant

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Firkraag

46. Posted:

@theblackdragon

nuff said. :)

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

AuthorMessage
Avatar

longtimegamer

47. Posted:

@Theblackdragon- Applauds. Nicely done.

I don't think I've played drunk. It's possible I've had a beer, or tiny bit of liqueur though. If I'm playing a game a storyline I probably wouldn't want to. Could be fun to do so with friends on other types of games, I don't with my fiance because she doesn't really drink for the most part (Less than 5 drinks, some not full either) . I've never seen her drunk since we've been together.

To all who don't want to drink, that's fine. No one's saying you have to. I think it's cool that some kids/teens actually don't want to drink or smoke, good for you! (I'm not being sarcastic). :) When I was younger I don't recall hearing of kids like that. (There might have some, but there is possibly more today)
If you don't drink, fine...but that doesn't give you the right to be rude or obnoxious (Or to feel superior to others because of this).

*Anyways, having said that, t whomever expressed that they didn't understand why people like being drunk or what's "so awsome" about it: Apparantly you've never drank, so of course your not going to understand.

Edited on by longtimegamer

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!" the Soup Nazi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

48. Posted:

longtimegamer wrote:

Anyways, having said that, t whomever expressed that they didn't understand why people like being drunk or what's "so awsome" about it: Apparantly you've never drank, so of course your not going to understand.

So there's nobody out there that has drank alcohol and not liked it?

That's some interesting info you've got there.

Both sides have been condescending, and both are equally nuts. I suggest everyone leaves the moral aspects of drinking with blackdragon's post, and stop continuing the nonsense like the post I've quoted.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

clicketyclick

49. Posted:

^ that's a good idea.

Soo, I don't see what's so awesome about playing video games. It's so stupid and a waste of time.

Now Playing: Bioshock

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

50. Posted:

AlexSays, accusing others of being condescending, ha, love it!

He has a point though, it doesn't really matter. I'm sure some of these kids will laugh at themselves when they are older, wiser, and enjoy sharing a drink responsibly with friends. And those who do like a drink (which is a fairly normal activity) should just ignore them as I intend to.

Rawr!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OldBoy

51. Posted:

I prefer playing my Wii while smacked off my face on Opium does that count. :D

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

longtimegamer

52. Posted:

Metang wrote:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

JTCPingas09 wrote:

I don't see what's so awesome about being drunk. It's so stupid and a waste of time.

I agree, I will never understand why people love being drunk so much. I'm 18 years old, but I rather play my games without being drunk.

Thirded. Drunk people are nuts. is shot by Prosody :P

@Alexsays- I was talking main about these people (excluding metag).
Also, I've changed the way I said it (To be fair to you, It probably is better this way.) You could have been nice in pointing this out (I edited what I was origionally going to say to you).
I don't think I was trying to be "superior". I did think my writing over. I would say you're the one who seems to think you're so superior that you can talk to me or others that way. We don't need that. I know you've been here awhile, but that's no excuse for being rude AND obnoxious either.

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!" the Soup Nazi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

clicketyclick

53. Posted:

@Machu - I think some of those "kids" are older than or the same age as you. :P

@longtimegamer - it doesn't matter to whom you were talking. The problem lies in the logic of what you said to them, which is what Alex was getting at. I'll try to do it more nicely than him. ;)

You said, "Apparently you've never drank, so of course your not going to understand [what's so awesome about getting drunk]."

But how did you arrive at the conclusion that they've never had any alcohol? And furthermore, the second part of the sentence assumes that EVERYONE who drinks will instantly understand that it's awesome to get drunk. So not only does your argument rely on a false premise, but it's also circular. More formalised, here is your argument:

Premise 1. You haven't ever had any alcohol.
Premise 2. Everyone who has ever had alcohol always agrees that it's great to get drunk. [this premise is false]
Conclusion 1. Therefore, if you had had alcohol, you would see that it's great to get drunk.
Conclusion 2. Since you don't agree that it's great, you apparently have never had alcohol. [this conclusion is actually premise 1]

Now Playing: Bioshock

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

54. Posted:

clicketyclick wrote:

@Machu - I think some of those "kids" are older than or the same age as you. :P

Hang on, you can't get away with saying something like that by just adding Mr Tongue-face. I haven't got a clue what you mean. What did you mean?

Rawr!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

clicketyclick

55. Posted:

@Machu - I meant that you're being hypocritical while accusing others of being hypocritical, ha, love it! :P

Edited on by clicketyclick

Now Playing: Bioshock

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

56. Posted:

Look, if you are gonna have a dig (which is welcome) do please explain yourself better. At which point have I been hypocritical?! 0_o And at what point did I accuse other's of such?!?

EDIT: Ah forget it, not getting into another one of these. Football is a calling. See ya round trouble!!!

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

clicketyclick

57. Posted:

It's a gentle, joking rib, hence the emote.

You called the people who don't like getting drunk "kids" who will realise they're wrong when they grow up. Except they're not all kids, and some are the same age if not older than you. So ya, that would be the definition of condescending - calling people who are the same age or older than you "kids" and telling them to grow up. Not to mention saying you'll ignore them merely because you don't agree with them.

Now Playing: Bioshock

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

58. Posted:

I had drank a sip of beer and it tasted horrible. So yeah, that's one of my reasons I avoid alcohol. I also avoid alcohol so I can remain in good health. By the way, I'm not a kid, I'm 18 years old.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

clicketyclick

59. Posted:

@SuperSonic - beer can taste pretty terrible if you're not used to it, but that's not how all alcohol tastes like. I'd suggest mixed drinks for starters - stuff with fruit juices in them. Avoid tequila and look for stuff with rum or vodka in it. Or, try liqueurs, which have a much higher sugar content.

And if you want to see if there are good beers, get the paler ones. The darker they are, the more hops they have, and that makes them bitter. Try a pale ale or even just go with cider instead.

Now Playing: Bioshock

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

60. Posted:

@clicketyclick: It was more aimed at the those who don't drink, but think those who do, are in some way bad or stupid, and aren't very nice in the way they go about sharing that opinion. This annoys me even more so when they are 16 or under and have only dipped their toe in 'the pond of life'. But yeah, I know what you mean, I think. :)

Next time I see you though, I'm gonna run, lol. :P

Rawr!