Forums

Topic: Have you ever lied on a job Application?

Posts 21 to 29 of 29

moomoo

No. People respect me due to this, instead of thinking I'm a lying idiot that can't do anything.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Stuffgamer1

theblackdragon wrote:

Raylax wrote:

No, and people who lie on their job applications really piss me off (yes, some of you people just pissed me off quite badly), because not only do they often end up in a job they can't actually do very well and become a nuisance to their fellow employees when they fail at basic stuff they claimed they knew, but the rest of us who stay honest don't get employed because we weren't the candidate with 5 A-B grade A-Levels or whatever.

this x99999999. i can't tell you how many people i've dealt with that can't do basic math or follow simple instructions using terminology they should already know

I agree with your point, actually. But does it make you feel any better than I can guarantee my undisclosed exploits at the library have absolutely nothing to do with my ability to work now? All I was was a lazy teenager who shut down and stopped doing his work. I'm not that person anymore, and it would be wrong to be kept from getting a job because of that ancient history. It's a third of my life ago, after all.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

The_Fox

shingi_70 wrote:

Nope. I though that was illegal?

No, but it can easily get you fired if you're caught. That's why you gotta keep the lies small and rather meaningless.
You shouldn't lie about something major such as certifications you don't have. Keep it minor and difficult to verify.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

LordJumpMad

Well in this world we call a Rat Race.

We will do any thing to get what we want, and thats works with jobs too

call it what you like but that how life works.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Machu

I extend employment dates to cover gaps or jobs I don't want to include, I exaggerate my GCSE results (so much so I don't remember what I actually got for them), and that's about it. Oh, I don't do references either, they are pointless and easily contrived.

Rawr!

shake_zula

I've got a weird story about this actually: When I was 18 I was writing a CV in application for a job at Music Zone, and put down that I'd had trials with Aston Villa FC (football/soccer team, figured it showed motivation and teamwork skills). I live in Macclesfield, a considerable distance from Aston Villa's locale, and had never even met a Villa fan - I chose them on a whim as they're a decent team but not so great as for my story to be unbelievable.

So I applied to work at Music Zone, and it turned out that the manager was an Aston Villa fan who hired me purely on the basis of that lie in my CV (Music Zone wasn't the most professional outfit). To this day I've never met another Aston Villa fan. Weird coincidence, since I only put it on my CV for that one job. I admitted the lie after about a month of employment and the guy just laughed.

Edited on by shake_zula

shake_zula

Nintendo Network ID: shake_zula

NotEnoughGolds

Terra wrote:

Yes, but they soon realised I wasn't King Henry VIX

mind asplode

NotEnoughGolds

Macaronius

yes

*Hunt the Hare and turn her down the rocky road
all the way to Dublin, Whack follol de rah!*

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.