Forums

Topic: Have you ever been a victim of theft?

Posts 41 to 54 of 54

Tate24

Oh how terrible:(

If we knew how small we were are problems wouldn't seem so BIG!

Faildude

When I was 7 years old my new neighbour stole my Pokémon Red version from my own house. He even admitted it, but his family moved away before I could do anything.
A lot of my rare Yu-Gi-Oh! cards have also been stolen, including a Secret Rare Jinzo, first edition, top mint condition and a Secret Rare Blue-Eyes W. Toon Dragon, top mint condition.
In addition, on a vacation in Italy somebody broke into our appartment and stole € 300 while we were sleeping.

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

NotEnoughGolds

I had a CD player and some CDs stolen from inside my car once.
Then I also had a car stolen once (different car). The car also contained Road Rash (3DO) and my bowling balls (these bowling ball were $100-$200 apiece! dammit...).

NotEnoughGolds

ASDFGHJKL

My heart was stolen by you.
Good thing I had insurance.

ASDFGHJKL

Deviant_Mugen

Where should I start... My brother had his original GBA stolen from his locker at school along with some Mega Man game, then one of our cousins stole his GBA SP from our house--which I eventually recovered, though its screen had been broken by then (I did steal their own SP in retaliation, though, so now we have the original with the busted screen and their working one). Hell, to this day I hate having any of them over (since their younger siblings picked up the older ones nasty thievery habit), and whenever they're here I keep a sharp eye on them. I did get some more payback by stealing their Ocarina of Time GC disc and their Collector's Edition disc (they don't have the ability or patience to pass Zelda games anyway).

I've also had my car broken into one night when I had to leave it outside of a Jack in the Box after it overheated; the douches smashed my window, scratched my paint a bit and messed up the keyhole to my glove box, though they weren't able to actually break into it. There was also the time when I had brought along my busted N64 to a GameStop so they could check it out and I left it under the seat while we went inside the Wal-Mart. Since the driver's side door on my mom's car at the time didn't lock, by the time we came back not only was the 64 gone, but so was our car's battery. Needless to say, it turned out to be a more expensive trip than originally planned...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

SpentAllMyTokens

I had my wallet pickpoketed once while I was traveling with a friend for a week in western China. The wallet had:
All my cash
My Chinese ATM card
One of my US ATM cards (I had another one back home).

No problem, I thought. I brought my bank book, so I can withdraw some extra money at the bank teller window. Well, the bank network system here isn't nationalized (or at least it wasn't then), so there was no way I could take out money outside my home province without my ATM card. We were able to live off my friend's cash for the rest of the trip.

On the last day of the trip, she found herself running short. This was ok, since we were going back to a bigger town to catch the train back, and they would have ATMs. When we got back, the banks were all closed, and none of the atms had any money.

We had already bought our train tickets, luckily. However, they were for seats (hard sleeper class was sold out), and we were hoping to be able to upgrade to sleepers on the train. (Hard sleepers are the best value, but most likely would be sold out the whole way, for half/one third of the ride we could afford soft sleeper though). We ended up having to sit 24 hours in hard seats (think benches with some padding, not actual seats like on a bus or train in the states) and just barely had enough to get busses/taxis back to our respective homes.

That was fun. I always use a money belt now for my passport/stacks of cash/one atm card when I travel.

I also got an ipod stolen in a hostel in Thailand. I'm pretty careful with my stuff (and much more so now). When you're traveling, you can't always be 100% careful all the time. Luckily, I've never had my house/car broken into though.

Edited on by SpentAllMyTokens

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

Machu

I've told this story on here before but hey...

About eight years ago I was between addresses and had pretty much everything i owned stored in a storage unit. Guess what, it got broken into and I had boxes and boxes of my life stolen, what they didn't want was left strewn across a wet street. I lost so much, various collections, childhood memories, everything of importance to me. I received a handsome insurance cheque, but it could never replace such things.

Looking back I'm grateful, as it helped me evolve, now I see material items for what they are. It's just stuff.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Ninten

In elementary school, they stole my Luke Skywalker lego figurine.

Dragons are cool~ Wii FC: 8902 4871 6029 9319
http://backloggery.com/ninten

[19:48] Ninten: lz, your avatar is weird.
[19:48] Ninten: Reggie is like..."Duh, no Mother series for you Americans!"
[19:49] lz2010: That was the point Ninten ;)

T_Neumann

The most significant theft was when I was about or 6 or 7 on holiday. I took my gameboy down to the beach with about 6 games and held it in that black pouch (with Nintendo in red letters)

Anyway, so I ran off to the sea and left it in the (capable) hands of my Mom, who then fell asleep. I returned after splashing about to find it GONE.

The only amusing thing about it was the fact that one of the games wasen't even mine - I thieved 'wave race' from my cousin, so he was a game down as well. I can look back and laugh now.

T_Neumann

SuperPeach

@T_Neumann Wouldn't you be worried about getting sand in your Game Boy at the beach?

I didn't expect to get so many replies, it's so sad that people would do these things, especially when you consider that a lot times it was someone stealing from a kid.
At least it seems that in some ways it helped to see material items for what they are.

SuperPeach

Toon_Link

When I used to go to public school (I'm home-schooled now.), I used to leave my GBA in the car so I could play it one the way home. Well one day my mom is giving my sister and her bf (They're broken up now. Good thing to, he was a loser. ) a ride to school, so she drops me off, then takes them to school. The following afternoon I get in the car and I'm about to play my Yu-Gi-Oh! Reshef of Destruction game and it's gone! That freakin' son of a biscuit eater (My sister's boyfriend) Matt stole my game! And I had just beaten Panick the day before.

EDIT: Did I mention that I was only in like, 1st grade?

Edited on by Toon_Link

Toon_Link

T_Neumann

What a ***** r!

T_Neumann

Popyman

My neighborkid stole TONS of my old Beyblades. Wait, no, he wasn't man enough to steal them himself, he had my sister do it for him >_>

I got half of them back and from then on I just keep every game he leaves at my house (I got Pokemon Platinum and Phantom Hourglass so far =P ). I'm not usually one to do something like that, but he crossed a line coming into my house and blackmailing my sister to steal something for him.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Deviant_Mugen

Also, back in 7th grade I loaned a 'friend' three of my games since he was going to bring his N64 to school for some free day and I never saw them again. Even after I kept pestering him he said he lost them, what a jerk...

The games in question were: Banjo-Kazooie, Pokemon Stadium and Cruisin' Exotica...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.