General Discussion Forum

Topic: Have you been insulted for being a Nintendo Fan?

Showing 21 to 40 of 52

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astarisborn94

21. Posted:

I have only one person that I know in person who doesn't like a Wii and even then, we get along well.

Sadly, the Internet is much more vicous towards the Wii. Every day (Litterally) that I see Nintendo related discussion, I see people hating on the Wii as if it was the Phillip CD-i. I have to defend the Wii, no matter the cost, among with other people, otherwise, the fanbase will be even more out of control. The fanbase is that bad. One person even recommended that I sell my Wii if I wanted a PS3 that badly.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Noire

22. Posted:

Have you ever insulted a 6'8" dude about his gaming preferences?

Didn't think so. :P

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MetalMario

23. Posted:

I am one of like 3 Nintendo fans in my school.

So Yes. All the time.

But I don't care. I get higher-quality games.

Mario is my homeboy! It matters not how you play. What matters...is how you fall.[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's momFor friend codes, check my backloggery.VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

fudgenuts

24. Posted:

Yeah. Not many friends care I'm a Nintendo fan, there are a few that say stuff like "The Wii has no hardcore games" or "Xbox 360 is the best system ever". Truth to be told, I own a Xbox 360, but Nintendo will always be my favorite.

Leap before you think!
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/samsam12
My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/fudgenuts64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

25. Posted:

MetalMario wrote:

I get higher-quality games.

The Wii is an amazing system, but that is not true at all.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mabbit

26. Posted:

i have about 3 times before. but every time i kill them with words of insult
"ewww, you play the wii" said the fanboy
"yeah and its a better thing than that huge hunk of plastic as big as your fat butt that you carry around and worship while playing games so you can laugh and say 'mommy, look how awesome i am, i shot a guys head off' because since your such a weak retard you try to draw strength from slashing guys in the back and blowing off theyre limbs and say its awesome just because its a game labeled by you idiots as 'hardcore' you believe that if any game doesnt involve killing and cursing then its not good and thats exactly why the wii isnt good, just because the games have a better library then walking around shooting people in the eye sockets and you think its so great because it has a million of the same games and the wii games are all kiddy and boring just because it doesnt have a M rating." said the me

jk :D i dont mind halo or the xbox (but thats really how i do go on a rampage if i need to)

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link-Hero

27. Posted:

No, I have never been insulted because I'm a Nintendo fan. In fact, almost no one talks about video games at any of the schools I've been in, so barley anyone even knows I play video games. Though, I occasionally hear about the latest game that has come out and how awesome or good it is, but that’s about it. So I never hear anyone being made fun of because they like this certain console or game.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Token_Girl

28. Posted:

I don't think this even happens anymore once you get out of high school. I actually played pokemon yellow and a friend played blue this past spring on the metro. We traded and everything. It was amazing. Sort of sad to hear that high school smash bros. tournaments are no longer "cool" in some circles. Just stick it out, play what you want to play, and don't let it bother you. They're just trying to make themselves feel cooler than you, and if you're secure and just like "whatever" it won't matter.

Another solution would be to invite some hot girls over to a party at your house. As soon as one of them is like, "I love wii bowling, can we play?" They might be changing they're tune as to which system is cooler. If they don't then they're just jealous. There are some halo lovin' girls out there too, but don't invite them, because they won't prove your point.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage
Avatar

jpfan1989

29. Posted:

I've been surrounded by Nintendo people most my life I always heard about awesome N64 games or how great the Gamecube was! and everyone in the corner where I hung out was talking about how they pre-ordered their Wii

3DS:: 1805 2437 5220
Nintendo Network ID PhoenixFalconer
Skype:: Legarto_the_green

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

30. Posted:

ryanknight717 wrote:

One of my friend thinks the wii is only good for 3-year-olds, another one is almost forcing me to get a 360, and they think me reserving and getting Bowser's Inside Story is the worst idea ever, saying I should b more excited for Halo 3 ODST. I try to convince them that the wii has plenty of hardcore titles, i still remain a wii fanboy, and Bowser's Inside Story is the game of the year. But, they ignore me. Anyone else been assaulted like this?

I have not been insulted yet...
No offense, but your friends do not know what a true game is. The Halo series is EXTREMLY OVERATED. But, Mario & Luigi:Bowser's Inside Story is one of the greatest games ever made.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ChristeriousNinja

31. Posted:

I haven't been insulted but some of my friends do get a kick from saying the wii sucks. I'd probably forgive them if they had reasons to back their claims, because of course it's their opinion and if they didn't get much out of it then so be it, but they say it's because you have to stand up to play...

Yeah...

They're doing it wrong >_>

Hey, I maek shiz on YT: http://www.youtube.co.uk/user/ChristeriousNinja

Friend Codes coming when I frequently use one of them >_>

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

32. Posted:

If anyone insulted me for being a Nintendo fan, I'd be grateful they didn't pick a line of attack that might actually bother me. Games never used to cause these problems when I were a lad, they were a way of bringing kids together, not marginalizing them from one another. Just give 'em the bird and shout "shut up noob", if they are bigger than you, get ready to kick 'em in the nadz and run. Though your best bet would be to just rise above it. ;)

Rawr!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xkhaoz

33. Posted:

Kind of. Most people at my school are just 360 fanboys. They just don't get that graphics don't matter is a games quality. And they're just like violence is what matters in games. And they played them even before they were in middle school. My best friend has a PS2, but he's saving up for a Wii and has a GBA. So, basically I do get insulted for being a Nintendo fan.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

warioswoods

34. Posted:

Says this guy:
Untitled

Odnetnin wrote:

Yes, people push me to the ground and guffaw if I mention Nintendo at my school.

Next time just write "Cthulhu," problem solved.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

35. Posted:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Mario & Luigi:Bowser's Inside Story is one of the greatest games ever made.

Ummmmm...........................No. No game from this gen is anywhere near that status.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ASDFGHJKL

36. Posted:

Excuse me? Have you actually played the game? If not then you shoudnt really say that. Just because this gen isnt overflowing with legendary games doensnt mean it cant contain some of the best games ever

ASDFGHJKL

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

37. Posted:

A bunch of popular girls found out that I'm a Nintendo fan, and they waited until late at night, came to my house, tied me down and spanked me!

I've learned my lesson.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ASDFGHJKL

38. Posted:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

A bunch of popular girls found out that I'm a Nintendo fan, and they waited until late at night, came to my house, tied me down and spanked me!

I've learned my lesson.

I know what Im doing tomorrow.

ASDFGHJKL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cheezy

39. Posted:

Nah, well nobody at my school brings it up.

Who Are You?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

warioswoods

40. Posted:

Not yet, but just wait until my Mario hat arrives, and I forget to take it off before leaving the house. . . also forgetting pants.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread