Forums

Topic: Has Disney lost it's heritage?

Posts 161 to 180 of 210

Wildvine53

The only bright side to this modernized Disney Channel is Demi Lovato ( for me anyway). I love her music, she has such a beautiful voice. If Disney never went through this stage, I might have never heard her sing.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

ShinRPGGamer

Anyone remember this show?

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

Punny

Gmls719 wrote:

Anyone remember this show?

I remember Dave the Barbarian! I love that show very much! It had a great sense of humor, funny characters, and great voice acting. Too bad it only lasted 20-something episodes...

I'm back (for the moment)!

lockelocke

When Walt was at the helm, it was his creative vision and his ability to inspire and entertain that made Disney such a successful company. Now, Disney is like any other mega corporation. They stay on top with market research, catering to a target audience, developing music acts, etc.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

Philip_J_Reed

TokyoRed wrote:

Anyway r u a female Machu?
Because it blesses my troubled soul to see a young woman of the "classic Disney spirit" who isn't bewitched by the Dark Arts of Miley Cyrus and the other Anti-House of Mouse programming airing now on the so NOT Disney Channel.

I nominate this post for Hall of Fame status.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Kyloctopus

I also liked Dave the Barbarian, the show seemed like something only Disney can do. And have you noticed that Disney makes alot of shows school related.
Recess
Weekenders
Phineas and Ferb
Suite Life On Deck
And I beleave Fish Hooks (which first aired yesterday) is about High School
I sorta understand, you know every kid goes to school, but you can only do so much school related shows.
If I missed any tell me
Update I forgot about the Emporer's New School

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Kyloctopus

Maybe Disney can renew the disney characters.
With Epic Mickey Coming out soon Disney may think "Hmmm it seems that kids still love Mickey"
I think as soon as Mickey Mouse clubhouse stops airing new episodes I can gurantee a new Mickey show.
But for now we have the very enjoyable "Have a Laugh" Shorts

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Punny

PunnyGuy wrote:

Also, is it me or does Dr. Doofenshmirtz look like Waluigi?

Here are some pictures!

Untitled

Untitled

Cousins?

SuperMarioFan96

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

The only way someone can enjoy Adventure Time is if they are stoned out of their mind. That show is terrible.

No, no, you have it wrong. Adventure Time makes you think that you are stoned.

So, I know I'm about a week late to this, but I'll state my opinions anyway. Being 14, I really haven't experienced much older Disney stuff, but I agree that the current Disney is pretty bad. Although I'll admit I liked The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and That's So Raven when they were on (the current state that the Suite Life is in is NOT good though), but I am NOT into any of this Hannah Montana Jonas Brothers etc. crap. And that's coming from a guy that liked a lot of the current music that a lot of people in this thread would probably consider horrible (that includes Lady Gaga). So, yeah, I can't contribute much else to this thread. More of a Looney Tunes kind of guy personally.......

Edited on by SuperMarioFan96

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

Punny

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

More of a Looney Toons kind of guy personally.......

I hope that The Looney Tunes Show, which is coming on this fall, will be good. Hopefully, it will live up to the other older shows that share its name.

But that's not Disney related.

Edited on by Punny

SuperMarioFan96

PunnyGuy wrote:

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

More of a Looney Tunes kind of guy personally.......

I hope that The Looney Tunes Show, which is coming on this fall, will be good. Hopefully, it will live up to the other older shows that share its name.

But that's not Disney related.

While I certainly I hope so, I'm not holding my breath. Of the Looney Tunes-related spinoff shows that have been shown on Cartoon Network, they've ranged from somewhat good to quite bad (and most of those are based on my judgement from when I was younger). However, at least Looney Tunes characters are still being used and not having BLAM! played over them, so that's a plus I suppose.

Ahem Now back on topic.......

My Backloggery

Xkhaoz

Well, I watched Fish Hooks last night. I though it was pretty good, but I need to see more. But it does have Greenblatt and Atoms behind it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

StarBoy91

I saw the first episode (that aired) of Fish Hooks for the first time today. It brought to mind Spongebob Squarepants in some regards, but I thought, "Not bad".

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

LordJumpMad

Like all, and many other here (like myself) that enjoy the 90's and The early 20's Cartoons, Have to learn that time have change.

When we were Kids, we really didn't care for meny other show that wasn't a Cartoon, or didn't have the type of comedy we like
(Boy Meet World, Even Steven, Family Matters, and Fresh prince of Bel air) I like these show growing up.

But today, cartoons are almost gone from every Channel.
Just look at "Cartoon Network" it know for having only Cartoons, but now they will end up like Disney and Nickelodeon.

But in this World, Money Talks, and Kid want more shows like Hannah Montana, and Bad Musicals. Becuse they make Money,Not Cartoons, its a Dead Media

Don't know how to put up youtube Video, but this link show what happens to old cartoons

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

ShinRPGGamer

Do people even know this show exists

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

StarBoy91

@Gmls - yes, I do. Brandy and Mr. Whiskers was decent, but what I really miss is Teacher's Pet, which has a similar animation style. The latter had a movie that was released in theatres, which I haven't seen (but I want to), but for some strange reason, the movie never, and I mean never, aired on television; it was just released on DVD.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Wildvine53

StarBoy91 wrote:

@Gmls - yes, I do. Brandy and Mr. Whiskers was decent, but what I really miss is Teacher's Pet, which has a similar animation style. The latter had a movie that was released in theatres, which I haven't seen (but I want to), but for some strange reason, the movie never, and I mean never, aired on television; it was just released on DVD.

Teachers Pet was awesome! The movie is really good too. I remember going to see it in theaters and no one else was there.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

The_Fox

Chicken Brutus wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

Anyway r u a female Machu?
Because it blesses my troubled soul to see a young woman of the "classic Disney spirit" who isn't bewitched by the Dark Arts of Miley Cyrus and the other Anti-House of Mouse programming airing now on the so NOT Disney Channel.

I nominate this post for Hall of Fame status.

I second that.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

YoshiSage

God, yes. They used to actually mean something to me - making some of the most wonderful and beautifully animated movies that the public has ever seen? That means something. They used to create such masterpieces (namely the Lion King) that you could look past their staunch enforcement on censorship (which, to me, has always been a big fault of theirs). Now what has Disney become?

Although Disney still makes good movies in cooperation with Pixar (namely Bolt, Up, and Toy Story 3 in recent years), Disney has become another stupid pre-teen girl network that wouldn't know quality if it bit them in the . Their actors suck, their singers suck, the script writing of their shows suck (some of the dumbest and most unintelligent lines have been uttered on their shows in recent years), and... well, it all sucks. The Jonas brothers? Three overrated piles of absolute that barely warrant being called human, and absolute losers who depend on good looks to get anywhere. Oh, and their fans are blind and/or tone deaf. Miley Cyrus? A depraved floozy that can't act or sing worth beans and goes out on a limb by pole dancing and showing off her... erm, parts. And I have nothing nice to say about the others.

Poor, poor Disney. Your chain of increasingly awful decisions makes me want to break down and cry. You poor, stupid suckers.

Edited on by theblackdragon

I'm gone. Good f*cking bye.

SuperMarioFan96

@YoshiSage Bolt wasn't actually made by Pixar. I don't know who it was made by, but it wasn't Pixar. But Up and Toy Story 3.... yup, made by Pixar, and amazing.

My Backloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.