Forums

Topic: Hardest Levels in Gaming?

Posts 21 to 39 of 39

Kingbuilder

The Sacred Grounds on Cave Story. Not even Easy Mode will protect you. >=D

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

StuffyStuff

Control, 00 Agent - Goldeneye, Border Patrol - Manhunt.

StuffyStuff

Splat

SpaghettiToastDinner wrote:

9-7 (NSMBWii)

This.

Over all the game wasn't hard but that level was tough and getting the 3 star coins was insane, I did a little happy dance when I finished.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

SwerdMurd

The second-to-last stage in Castlevania 3, with the background music "Riddle". Super-filthy platforming part at the end of the stage right before arguably the hardest boss fight in the game.

Any section of God of War 3 with the flying douches....or the Flaming Cerberus + Satyrs fight at the end (on Chaos of course).

Avoiding the little spirit shadow thing at the end of Paladin's Quest (I seriously must have attempted it 200 times)

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

theblackdragon

9-7 (NSMBWii)

was that the level where you had to be tiny Mario to get one of the stars (had to go down this little pipe with enemies jumping all over the place through the rest of the level)? if so, effing signed... that one took me forever D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Punny

theblackdragon wrote:

9-7 (NSMBWii)

was that the level where you had to be tiny Mario to get one of the stars (had to go down this little pipe with enemies jumping all over the place through the rest of the level)? if so, effing signed... that one took me forever D:

That was the jungle level covered with Nibbler Plants incased in ice. There were Venus Fire Traps and Fire Bros. that would melt the ice, unleashing the annoying power of the Nibblers. Also, there were Goombas that were covered in spiky plants that were irritating too, almost resembling a certain enemy from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. The level didn't require a Mini Mushroom for 100% completion, but it was hard as heck!

Edited on by Punny

I'm back (for the moment)!

Bigdog

The Perfect Run (SMG2)
Water Temple (OoT)

I can think of a bunch of others that put me in my place, but those two stand out for me. Far and away. The day I beat The Perfect Run I filled up to 99 lives and finished the level with less than 10. But it was hard in an awesome way, while the Water Temple was hard in a very annoying way.

Edited on by Bigdog

"Maybe you're MY puppet"

LoopyLuigi

The super fast airship level in SMB3 world 8, I always used a P-Wing to get through it.
Also, in SMG1 the galaxy that looks like 8-bit Luigi and you have to collect 100 purple coins, playing as Mario is tough, but as Luigi on the second run through is freaking hard.

It's a me, Luigi!

theblackdragon

PunnyGuy wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

9-7 (NSMBWii)

That was the jungle level covered with Nibbler Plants incased in ice. There were Venus Fire Traps and Fire Bros. that would melt the ice, unleashing the annoying power of the Nibblers. Also, there were Goombas that were covered in spiky plants that were irritating too, almost resembling a certain enemy from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. The level didn't require a Mini Mushroom for 100% completion, but it was hard as heck!

hahaha wait, i was having a bad eye morning and totally missed the 'Wii' and '9' parts of that. i thought we were talking about NSMB and what i think was 8-8 (now that i look at an FAQ, anyway). it took me forever to get all the star coins in that level, stupid mini mario D:

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Hokori

Green Hill Zone

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Punny

I think that any of the later levels in Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels is pretty hard.

I'm back (for the moment)!

ReddLionz

Bit Trip. Runner level 3-7 and on- with all gold.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

sandpiper

The following SMG2 galaxies:

Stone Cyclone Galaxy
Mario Squared Galaxy

(Once I got the hang of it, they became easy. But when I first tried I wanted to punt my Wii.)

sandpiper

grenworthshero

thelawyer wrote:

Every level in every MegaMan game.

After many, many deaths, I can make it to Wily's Castle in most of the MegaMan games, but I can never beat the last boss. I'm sure if I tried hard enough I'd be able to do it, but it's just not worth it. That's most of the reason I haven't bought MegaMan 9 or 10; I know I won't be able to beat them. MegaMan X, on the other hand, is much easier for me, and ridiculously fun. I don't understand why so many people say the X series is so difficult. It's still really hard, sure, but I think it's easier than the original series.

Super Mario World, Butter Bridge 1
[youtube:ygCqnAAznfI]
I can beat almost every level in the game without ever losing a life, but this one always gets me. It's the hardest level in the game, period. Some of the secret levels in the star world can be tough, and the ice levels are annoying, but this level is the one that frustrates me most. I've been playing since the game came out, and I still have trouble with it.

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Shimmy_Zmizz

F-Zero GX story mode grand prix on very hard (and most of story mode in general.)

Shimmy_Zmizz

Mabbit

the second level of Alien Hominid is pretty dang hard

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Ristar42

'Hanging Waters' in Ecco the Dolphin on the Dreamcast. Visually stunning, but it took me forever to pass this stage.

Ristar42

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.