General Discussion Forum

Topic: Government run Health care! yes or no?

Showing 281 to 286 of 286

AuthorMessage

apocalypse217

281. Posted:

I do not have an opinion yet. I am really trying to hear what each side is saying. Here in the States you got Obama fighting for it like crazy and then you got his opposition but in politics you never know who is telling the truth as to how it will end up being until its usually to late. Thats just my opinion and I maybe wrong. Also at the same time I am curious how it will turn out. I have not had health care in years and would like to have it but I am unsure as to how Govt. ran care would be. I hear horror stories from other countries on the news but I am not in those countries so I do not know what works.

Edited on by apocalypse217

apocalypse217

AuthorMessage

Kizzi

282. Posted:

If everyone had free health care then the lines to get treatment would be enormous! People from Canada for example are coming to the USA for treatment because they have to wait like 4 months for treatment because the lines are so long! Why would that be any different in America? Plus, what if you had a life threatening disease?
(sorry if someone already said this, I didnt read all the posts.)

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

AuthorMessage

Zenman

283. Posted:

@ Kizzi
hospitals are already clogged, as i stated in an earlier post, people w/o health care go to the communitty hospital ER for treatment when their condition cannot be ignored, so instead of the waiting room being full, the ER is, which it really shoudn't as it is for, well, emergencies. that is also why you hear the occasional report of people dying in the ER; i hope i don't have to restate why. so isn't a more full waiting room across all hospitals (for regular treatment) under a NHS better than an ER waiting area full of people that need immediate treatment?

Edited on by Zenman

my deviantART backloggery!
nL chatroom BETAness
my pwnage channel
check out my fanfic!
im not dead...just in college...aka worse
all hail lord veigar!

AuthorMessage

metakirbyknight

284. Posted:

You would be amazed at how many of the health care advisers to Obama have ties to Eugenics. Kinda scary.

Stalk me on my Twitter.
Proud Homebrewer.

AuthorMessage

Zenman

285. Posted:

@ metakirbyknight
do you mean death panels? 'cause there are none

my deviantART backloggery!
nL chatroom BETAness
my pwnage channel
check out my fanfic!
im not dead...just in college...aka worse
all hail lord veigar!

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

286. Posted:

metakirbyknight wrote:

You would be amazed at how many of the health care advisers to Obama have ties to Eugenics. Kinda scary.

Misleading half-truths are fun! Some of those whom have opposed the health plan have come up with some interesting claims as to why the plan is being fed bad information. I take it you're referring in point to Thomas Perrelli, whom the right has been slandering ever since the end of the Terry Shiavo case. The Bush administration tried one of the most disturbing oversteps in the history of the country with that case and were blocked. Due to Perrelii's involvement against them they have been attacking him ever since. He actually has no ties to the health bill, but seems to have been lumped in anyway.

Beyond that, what they call 'Eugenics' is a stretch. There are those whom have suggested that women carrying a baby that has a disease(s) that would cause it to die soon after or be unable to function in the slightest to consider an abortion. In some eyes, this makes them evil, cackling doctors intent of only allowing the finest to be born and culling those seen as weak. Instead, it saves the child from a short life of misery confined to life support machines.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Sorry, this topic has been locked.