Forums

Topic: Government run Health care! yes or no?

Posts 241 to 260 of 281

RabidPikachu

Pikachu says Obama is taking too many risks. If this health care thing goes through people will abuse it. Plus abortion scares me.

3DS Friend code 4425-2142-6328

WolfRamHeart

Ugh, the abortion issue has risen. I'm outta here!

WolfRamHeart

RabidPikachu

WolfRamHeart wrote:

Ugh, the abortion issue has risen. I'm outta here!

Well a girl can die getting one, especially if the dr. doesn't know what he's doing. Plus what did the baby ever do to her?

3DS Friend code 4425-2142-6328

The_Fox

Zenman wrote:

^ yep...the devolving of this thread is accellerating!
I

I agree with you there, Zenman.
RabidPikachu, the topic is already charged enough. Bringing abortion in really won't add anything.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Turbo_Genesis_64

RabidPikachu you are entitled to your fears.

However, some women might be more likely to keep their child if their was universal health care available for her and her family.

Personally, I don't believe anyone uses abortion as their choice of birth control. That's like saying I'm not going to brush my teeth or get dental cleanings I'm just going wait to get an extremely painful and vastly more expensive root canal every 7 years. It doesn't make sense. Also, that overly simplifies the hardest decision of their life.

Edited on by Turbo_Genesis_64

EXPERIENCE MORE.... Arcade-quality graphics, awesome sound, "turbo-charged" game play, exciting TurboChip games... It's the incredible Turbo Genesis 64 Entertainment SuperSystem Experience. There's more fun, more challenge, and more excitment ready for you today!

RJay

No one...and I mean no one is going to win this argument. Everyone has their own beliefs and no one is going to ever be swayed.

How about we settle this with a game of Water Warfare. Those against National Health Insurance on one team and those for it on the other!!! lol

Edited on by RJay

Water Warfare 3481-0499-8502
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2535-5527-9255

LzWinky

RJay wrote:

No one...and I mean no one is going to win this argument. Everyone has their own beliefs and no one is going to ever be swayed.

How about we settle this with a game of Water Warfare. Those against National Health Insurance on one team and those for it on the other!!! lol

That would never end either. That's like an argument between Republicans and Democrats over whose ideals are better for the country

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Machu

This is just silly. Now we have crazy right wing Americans bashing the NHS, prompting the British public to defend the system they are proud of. I'm disgusted. welovetheNHS

Untitled

I'm not generalizing here (so don't take offense), but there are some major fruit loops over there, I even heard one guy on the radio comparing Obama to Hitler. Beyond belief!

Rawr!

The_Fox

@Machu
Sadly the health care talks are getting plain ugly over here. And those comparing Obama to Hitler are just crazier than a sh*thouse rat. I blame Fox News, myself.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Machu

@The Fox: It must be getting crazy over there, because it has now spilled over here. A whole hour on BBC 5live this morning, and pictures of kids with protest placards on the news. Needless to say I now know more than i did when i first barged in here.

Untitled

Rawr!

The_Fox

@Machu
Just be glad you don't have the town hall meetings over there. What those people lack in knowledge they make up for with a combination of screaming and yelling, with a splash of delusional paranoia thrown in. By the time this is said and done everyone is going to be sick of the words health care.

-President John Adams

Machu

@The Fox: It sounds like you are already.

Unfortunately, Obama may have to get used to this kind of reaction, as it seems in places the protests are aimed at him and not the actual issue on the table. Oh well, I wish him luck, he's gonna need it.

Rawr!

Hardy83

Everyone in their right mind knows the US should get some form of a government health care program for the people with no health care.

The whole talk about the government judging if you live or die is a joke, since that essentially is what health insurance companies do right now.

The only people who won't back it will be idiots (too many live in America) and people who earn money from peoples suffering.

I actually felt insurance itself is some what of a horrible idea. Governments should protect people period, not have companies come it, tell you it's okay, and when something goes wrong they try to not give you the money... but whatever. Money talks, and this bill will fail people people are stupid and greedy.

Hardy83

Zenman

@ Machu + The Fox
yeah, someone left the crazy fridge open; i was watching the Rachel Maddow show (highly liberal, but still...) and apparently several senators supporting the bill have recieved death threats. of course, as my mom would say

zennies mother wrote:

"they couldn't coordinate a run to Starbucks"

Edited on by Zenman

Turbo_Genesis_64

The Republican Party is less popular than dog poop these days so all they can really do is scream and shout.

The smear posse for HC reform are the same people that brainwash lies about Obama's heritage to vulnerable people like this woman:

EXPERIENCE MORE.... Arcade-quality graphics, awesome sound, "turbo-charged" game play, exciting TurboChip games... It's the incredible Turbo Genesis 64 Entertainment SuperSystem Experience. There's more fun, more challenge, and more excitment ready for you today!

gameking23

Turbo+Genesis+64 wrote:

The Republican Party is less popular than dog poop these days so all they can really do is scream and shout.

The smear posse for HC reform are the same people that brainwash lies about Obama's heritage to vulnerable people like this woman:

According to the polls Congress (which is filled with Dems) is way less popular now than Bush ever was. I think it is realy mean to think that all these people at town halls have no idea what they are talking about. You would think that those Congress men and women would have some answers for those people, but instead all we hear is the same old same old.

I rule when it comes to games. So deal with it.

Turbo_Genesis_64

It's true gameking23 that the Dems have taken a hit in the polls, recently. However, the Reps are not taking advantage of it and are still way more unfavourable. The comment about Bush Jr. I find hard to believe because Barack is still popular just slightly less popular than he was in January.

However, turtle dude you have to admit that there is an element of the Elephant party that smears the hell out of people. Even the woman in the video said she read he was an arab! Well, who wrote what she read? If they got the arab detail wrong what other facts did they distort? And what is their agenda?

I'm not saying all Republicans are racists -- far from it; however, it's safe to say the KKK votes Republican.

Edited on by Turbo_Genesis_64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.