Best downloadale local multiplayer game: Towerfall: Ascension
Best downloadable single-player game: Don't Starve
Best Sound effects: inFamous: Second Son
Best game with a truly whack idea behind it: Octodad
Best protagonist: inFamous: Second Son
Best supporting cast: inFamous Second Son
Best game played this year, but came out last year: Rune Factory 4
Best acting: inFamoud: Second Son

I hope you are being sarcastic about the best protagonist. Or the cast.

Nope, I thought they characters in Second Son were great. None of it's sarcastic.

Jaz007

Red_XIII

Jaz007 wrote:

Red_XIII wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

GOTY: inFamous: Second Son
Best Wii U game: SSB
Best PS4 game (outside of the GOTY): Samurai Warriors 4
Best DLC: inFamous: First Light
Best graphics: inFamous: Second Son
Best story: inFamous: Second Son
Best downloadable game: Towerfall: Ascension
Best local multiplayer retail game: SSB Wii U
Best single player retail game: inFamous: Second Son
Best downloadale local multiplayer game: Towerfall: Ascension
Best downloadable single-player game: Don't Starve
Best Sound effects: inFamous: Second Son
Best game with a truly whack idea behind it: Octodad
Best protagonist: inFamous: Second Son
Best supporting cast: inFamous Second Son
Best game played this year, but came out last year: Rune Factory 4
Best acting: inFamoud: Second Son

I hope you are being sarcastic about the best protagonist. Or the cast.

Nope, I thought they characters in Second Son were great. None of it's sarcastic.

I respectfully disagree. I thought Delsin was an annoying bunch of cliche's. The mocap by Troy Baker was great... if the goal was to make him the most obnoxious and unlikeable character since Jar Jar Binks, then they have succeeded. He is why I prefer Infamous: First Light.

Red_XIII

sub12

Delsin, I think with multiple playthroughs he kinda grows on you, especially if you take the good hero arch........not even close to being a great main character, but not as bad as many of the gaming publications would lead you to believe, especially once you get pass the fact that he is a smartass.

The evil ending where he fire dives onto the Indian reservation hut is pretty shocking though.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

sub12

Funnest game of 2014: Far Cry 4
Biggest suprise: Wolfenstein: The New Order / Tomadachi Life
Biggest letdown: Destiny (still a solid game with great mechanics though).

Edited on by sub12

sub12

Jaz007

@Sub12 Spoiler bro, spoilers. We have a spoilers tag too.

Jaz007

Kyloctopus

You totally jumped the gun on this thread. At least start it after I play my Christmas games.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

sub12

Well, you can count Captain Toad out of the running......we will have to see how The Crew scores this week, and than that's pretty much a rap on the retail titles.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

Red_XIII

sub12 wrote:

Well, you can count Captain Toad out of the running......we will have to see how The Crew scores this week, and than that's pretty much a rap on the retail titles.

The Crew is Ubisoft, so most likely a glitchy failure. The beta was awful, and I am very hesitant.

Red_XIII

SkywardLink98

Red_XIII wrote:

I hope you are being sarcastic about the best protagonist.

You can't see it but me, the guy who spent weeks perfecting his Delsin Rowe costume for halloween, is silently dying on the inside because of your comment.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Red_XIII

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Red_XIII wrote:

You can't see it but me, the guy who spent weeks perfecting his Delsin Rowe costume for halloween, is silently dying on the inside because of your comment.

He is every "edgy hipster" cliche rolled into one annoying unlikeable mess. To quote Daria, Edgy occurs when middle-aged middle-brow profiteers are looking to suck the energy, not to mention spending money out of the "youth market", so they come up with this fake concept of seeming to be dangerous when every move they make is the result of market research and a corporate master plan.

He would be cool to dress as for Halloween, but he is everything wrong with dudebro protagonists in one convenient package. This is why I personally dislike him.

Red_XIII

SkywardLink98

Red_XIII wrote:

He is every "edgy hipster" cliche rolled into one annoying unlikeable mess. ...he is everything wrong with dudebro protagonists in one convenient package.

I wouldn't know, I didn't play the game. From what I saw though he was a pretty fun protagonist.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

ricklongo

The most fun I had in 2014 had been either DKC: Tropical Freeze, Bravely Default or Shovel Knight... and then I got to play SSB for Wii U and Fantasy Life.

Tough to decide on just one. I guess I'll wait til I finish FL and get a bit more mileage out of SSB to come up with a favorite.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

sub12

Red_XIII wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Red_XIII wrote:

He is every "edgy hipster" cliche rolled into one annoying unlikeable mess. To quote Daria, Edgy occurs when middle-aged middle-brow profiteers are looking to suck the energy, not to mention spending money out of the "youth market", so they come up with this fake concept of seeming to be dangerous when every move they make is the result of market research and a corporate master plan.

He would be cool to dress as for Halloween, but he is everything wrong with dudebro protagonists in one convenient package. This is why I personally dislike him.

I disagree, he is more of a egotistical juvenile delinquent, with a decent heart if you play good, than some kind of a edgy hipster.....

sub12

sub12

Delsin is far from perfect, but I don't think he is a bad protagonist, especially if you play the good story arch all the way through.

Aiden Pearce from Watch Dogs, is much more of a boring / unlikable character IMO.

sub12

Jaz007

I only played the evil, and I think Delsin is awesome. He avoided many cliches, like the "with great power, comes great responsiblity", "I didn't ask for this" or "I didn't choose this, it chose me" character types. Not to mention playing him on evil makes him a unique superhero in many ways as well. I'm not really sure what you wanted from him. It was nice to see a guy who thought his powers were awesome like that. A breath of fresh air.

Jaz007

MsJubilee

sub12 wrote:

Delsin is far from perfect, but I don't think he is a bad protagonist, especially if you play the good story arch all the way through.

Aiden Pearce from Watch Dogs, is much more of a boring / unlikable character IMO.

Ugh they tried to hard on Aiden Pearce story,it was so cliche and boring i couldn't take him seriously.The only cool thing about him was his design,the rest was meh.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Red_XIII

sub12 wrote:

I agree that Aiden is worse than Delsin.
Aiden makes Delsin look as interesting as GLaDOS.

Red_XIII

sub12

Red_XIII wrote:

sub12 wrote:

I agree that Aiden is worse than Delsin.
Aiden makes Delsin look as interesting as GLaDOS.

I'm kinda 50/50 when it comes to Ubi franchises, enjoying Far Cry, Rayman, and the last decade Prince of Persia franchises more than anything else........but, especially in modern times, Ubi has created some either very dull / or just unlikeable leading characters.

sub12

shingi_70

Delsin is flawed depending on how you play him his paragon is a bit of a jerk, while his evil is a giant raging dounche, but in both he had semblance of a personality. He also plays off rathar well with his supporting cast.

Aiden Pierece is at the very worst of the boring Batman syndrome of Vengeance and all of that jazz. I like watch_dogs and the setting but Aiden is not only unlikeabe but very boring. He'salso saddled by far more interesting characters such as Joride, Clara, and Iraq.

Fetch is probably one of the best characters this year so I can give Infamous that.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

sub12

I would say Reggie and Fetch were both good characters, although First Light went a bit overboard in regards to her relationship with her brother.

I also thought Augustine was a solid villan.

sub12

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.