Forums

Topic: Gorilla in Zoo steals DS

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Bass_X0

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/San-Francisco-Goril...

Untitled

A little boy learned a valuable lesson during his visit to the San Francisco Zoo: Keep a hold of your things.

The child dropped his Ninendo DS into the gorilla exhibit last week. The gorilla, a big guy named Bawang, snapped it up and appeared to play.

"The gorilla was very interested in his prized new find," Christina Spicuzza, a witness, wrote on her blog.

Soon, a baby gorilla named Hansai came to play, too, and both gorillas puzzled over the small red console. Bawang played keep-away from Hansai, then put the DS in his mouth and started to walk away.

Spicuzza took photographs and a short video, which she posted to her blog.

In the end, the child -- who remains anonymous -- got his game back. A zoo trainer came lured the animal to the side and traded the game for a shiny red apple.

"(The trainer) told us they trained them to do that," Spicuzza told MSNBC. "If anything falls in there, they are trained that they get a reward if they throw it back."

The DS console had a little slobber on it, but worked just fine.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Birdman

This has been in the DS section for a few days now. It's still pretty freakin' funny.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Will_Ireland

So DSXL is gorilla proof? They should really state that in the specs...

Will_Ireland

Birdman

Will_Ireland wrote:

So DSXL is gorilla proof? They should really state that in the specs...

I'd personally rather have a system that has shoulder buttons that still work after a year than a system that's gorilla-proof.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.