Forums

Topic: Goals in life!

Posts 41 to 59 of 59

Wheels2050

A-Hungry-Banker wrote:

To lower fuel prices.

If you can figure out new battery technology that is a suitable, but improved, replacement for lithium ion batteries, you'll make yourself a lot of money.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

FonistofCruxis

kkslider5552000 wrote:

HarmoKnight wrote:

I wanna find my soul mate

same. Good luck.

I hope you two find the one that's right for you, that's a goal of mine too. I hope I can decrease the severity of my OCD before then though so that it doesn't get in the way but that's actually going quite well so hopefully it won't get in the way by the time I find my soul mate.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Hokori

FonistofCruxis wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

HarmoKnight wrote:

same. Good luck.

I hope you two find the one that's right for you, that's a goal of mine too. I hope I can decrease the severity of my OCD before then though so that it doesn't get in the way but that'd actually going quite well so hopefully it won't get in the way by the time I find my soul mate.

I find I have typing ADD... I can never stay on one topic when talking to friends online, I hope I can find a way to control that, IDK if it's noticeable on forum topics, but I notice it a lot when I'm talking to spacific friends, and I also realize I talk a lot about my soul mate and if it's annoying I'm sorry, I've just been thinking hard about it for a long time

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Wheels2050

HarmoKnight wrote:

...and I also realize I talk a lot about my soul mate and if it's annoying I'm sorry, I've just been thinking hard about it for a long time

In my experience, I wouldn't worry about trying too hard to meet that someone special. Putting too much pressure on yourself to do that never works out well - I've seen it happen with friends, and they end up worrying too much about possibly missing out on meeting "the one" that they don't enjoy the time they're spending with other people (whether those other people are friends, family or boy/girlfriends).

You'll meet someone great at some point - my advice is just to let it happen. My wife and I just happened to meet at a mutual friend's party, and I wasn't even really in the mood for meeting new people that night. I remember my housemate at the time asking me why I wasn't trying to chat up the girls, and me telling her that I couldn't be bothered - in the end, I ended up meeting my future wife!

Of course, you need to ensure that you're in situations where you'll meet new people, but just don't go overboard with it.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

kkslider5552000

Geonjaha wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

while not really an important goal, I'd think it would be nice to make silly video game videos for the internet. It's something I've wanted to do for a while.

As in Let's Plays and things?

Lets hope what he does is a little more constructive than that...

goes on Nintendo message board, tells someone he should do something more constructive

what a nice kid

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

FonistofCruxis

HarmoKnight wrote:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

HarmoKnight wrote:

same. Good luck.

I hope you two find the one that's right for you, that's a goal of mine too. I hope I can decrease the severity of my OCD before then though so that it doesn't get in the way but that'd actually going quite well so hopefully it won't get in the way by the time I find my soul mate.

I find I have typing ADD... I can never stay on one topic when talking to friends online, I hope I can find a way to control that, IDK if it's noticeable on forum topics, but I notice it a lot when I'm talking to spacific friends, and I also realize I talk a lot about my soul mate and if it's annoying I'm sorry, I've just been thinking hard about it for a long time

I've never noticed that on NL but then again, I don't think I've ever talked to you on NL chat and it might be more noticeable there.

Geonjaha

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

while not really an important goal, I'd think it would be nice to make silly video game videos for the internet. It's something I've wanted to do for a while.

As in Let's Plays and things?

Lets hope what he does is a little more constructive than that...

goes on Nintendo message board, tells someone he should do something more constructive

what a nice kid

Ooh, calling me a kid - how ironically juvenile...
Making videos actually requires effort and thought, while making a comment on a forumboard doesnt - therefore making something constructive as opposed to just talking over yourself while you enjoy your hobby actually respectable. See how that works?
I'm not saying Lets Plays are all bad - but too many people jump into them trying to make money from showing a game that someone else has made while adding uninspired bland commentary. Really not what Youtube needs.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

theblackdragon

@Geonjaha: He said he'd like to make 'silly little videos and things' — that doesn't really imply making money off of it. he just wants to have fun, and to him it will be a constructive action. who are you to dictate the terms? how arrogant are you? :/

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Geonjaha

theblackdragon wrote:

@Geonjaha: He said he'd like to make 'silly little videos and things' — that doesn't really imply making money off of it. he just wants to have fun, and to him it will be a constructive action. who are you to dictate the terms? how arrogant are you? :/

Sorry - I missed that. I assumed he meant to make money as a 'life goal', but nevermind then.
He never explicitly stated that he wanted to do Lets Plays - I was replying to WhiteKnight, not telling him what he should do.
I said it's not respectable to try and make money off videos where you simply use someone elses work, and I'd hardly call that 'dictating the terms' of his videos.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

HandheldGuru97

I want to own every Gameboy (Gameboy Classic-Gameboy Micro) Including the rare Gameboy Light by 2014. So far 4 down 3 to go.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

NinFreak

To try to grow an extra finger.

(insert witty signature here)

Nintendo Network ID: Ryano96

The_Fox

To crush my enemies and see them driven before me. Possibly hearing the lamentations of their women if there's still time.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

theblackdragon

The_Fox wrote:

To crush my enemies and see them driven before me. Possibly hearing the lamentations of their women if there's still time.

for entertainment of that caliber, you make time, sir

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

moomoo

Finishing the workout program Insanity. I've got less than a week left; I must say the results have been incredible so far.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Banker-Style

3Dash wrote:

CEOJumpMad wrote:

A-Hungry-Banker wrote:

To lower fuel prices.

To find new ways for car fuel.
I think cars should run on nuclear power, how bad can that be?

IMO this is a great idea and should be supported!

It's just struck me Cars could run on Urine,well at least it'll be cheap,and unlimited.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Iceberg

I've always wanted to eat an all you can eat buffet out of business.

Iceberg

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Destroy every last car. They're stupid. Then we can rip up roads and make trails again like back in the good old days

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Stereoman

Square-enixFan wrote:

I want to own every Gameboy (Gameboy Classic-Gameboy Micro) Including the rare Gameboy Light by 2014. So far 4 down 3 to go.

whats that mysterious gameboy light you talk about squareenixfan ? And i thought i know ma gameboys ...

Have to say Geonjaha has a point.
But well same could be said about bad game journalists in general, aye ?!

hmm in terms of goal: invent a zero carbon car
and i dont think using anything nuclear in your transportation is a good idea. Look what happened to the russian vehicles who used such method.

MH4 online thread

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7028-1432

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.